Why do engineering/IT students want to work at Microsoft?

Why do engineering/IT students want to work at Microsoft?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Cv_N1OUD9yc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

SJWs

why not?

Probably because it pays a lot of money and gives a rather stable foresight whereas free software foundations means you'll have to move in with your mother and startups can mean bankrupcy.

It's a dead company.

lol ok

The better question is why do they want to work at Google knowing they can get fired for stating their opinion

Just work for the White's man IT company which is IBM

>this is what iTards/linuxbabbies actually believe

There isn't a single company on earth where you can just spout whatever nonsense you want and not get fired for it.

I don't care about MS. I'm currently interested in working somewhere. Your statement is false

>I'm an opinionated being, not a deplorable mercenary

*tips fedora*

>nonsense

The real question is which of those companies is the evillest.

>There isn't a single company on earth where you can just spout whatever nonsense you want and not get fired for it.
this shows that you know nothing of the real world
if you are a welder (for example) noone will care wether you want women to get back into the kitchen or shit like that as long as you do your work properly, you can even be a literal neonazi as long as you are able to be good at your job noone will fire you.
wanna know why? because these people do their work and that is all that matters at a company that is not completely retarded

But google is the first company where they tell their employees to give feedback and then fires someone who did.

Goldman Sachs duh

>Vista failed
>zune failed
>kin failed
>windows phone failed
>bing failed
Their only success since Bill Gates' departure was Windows 7. But they've fucked it up with Windows 8.

>No SAP

It's not just about the money then.

> IBM
> wanting to work at Pajeet central

>semens

Well, Facebook is not on the list.

>why do they want to work at Google
To access to pic related.

That should be a plus:

- Work on something.
- Fuck up.
- It doesn't matter because it's to be expected.
- Still get payed.
- Get promoted.

There could be a company that amputates arms and legs with a chainsaw for entertainment on that list and google will still come out on top.

literally none of those branches actually make them money
just goes to show you how dumb consumers are

>engineering students now want to work at companies that don't even do engineering

work discussion is not technology discussion

Microsoft is... dying? Well, you could look at the 2017 Q4 earnings report (Investor Relations). Here are a few highlights:
>Revenue in Productivity and Business Processes was $8.4 billion and increased 21%
>Revenue in Intelligent Cloud was $7.4 billion and increased 11%
>Revenue in More Personal Computing was $8.8 billion and decreased 2%

Some say Microsoft has much as $100 billion in cash. Does that sound like a dying company? No.
It’s true that not every part of Microsoft is doing great, but some parts are doing very well indeed.
It’s easy to look at the phone disaster and the Windows 8 problems and say that the company is dying, but it has so many other successful businesses that a few mistakes won’t hurt it much.
Windows is probably the only part of Microsoft that the public is familiar with, but it has so much more.

>Goldman Sachs duh
Good point.

>then he realized that it says Engineering/IT students
i bet the ratio engineering students to IT students is 1 to 9

The one who keep getting away with it.

>that the public is familiar with, but it has so much more.
It seems like they are the most diversified of all tech majors, always a good sign.

It's immoral.

>people good enough to get hired by goldman go on to be successful elsewhere
truly enlightening

>Bill Gates left microsoft
>new CEO is a pooinloo
>all the employees are being traded in for poos
>all the products coincidentally drop in quality
It's not Microsoft that is the problem, it's that we still haven't purged the world of shitskins

>Microsoft is actually the only one who is "diverse"
Wew

Why is it consumers' fault? Would you use some shit like this?
youtu.be/Cv_N1OUD9yc

I'm with this user, I mean, let's not forget that, anything yo do, even a super Mario clone you did just for fun, belongs to google if you work for google

Xbone failed too.

They actually have a real healthy work relationship with their employees. It's 8 hour days and 40 hour weeks standard. They neither expect nor want you to work extra hours from home - they want you to live a good balance of work and life.

I've seen several posts in a few tech forums like Ars or Anandtech of people who went from Google to Microsoft and basically had to be reprimanded by their bosses to stop fucking bringing work home.

>consumers are stupid for believing those things even matter to MS when they don't make much money from them
>WHY IS IT DA CONSUMAS FALT?

MS != Windows. They're dominating the cloud computing market (97% growth last fiscal year, already has over 60% of the market in enterprise (companies with 500+ employees) environments, shredding AWS) and Office alone accounts for like 30% of their revenue, which certainly isn't going anywhere. They haven't had a single negative financial report since Ballmer left, MS is on the up and up.

?

>Microsoft executives said that so it must be true

This is what retards who only get their news from "BTFO FINISHED & BANKRUPT" threads on Sup Forums look like.

Because meme

There weren't any "BTFO FINISHED & BANKRUPT" threads in 2007

Paki, not pajeet.

You try for a big name company's entry position, work it for a year, and then quit and get a better offer from a smaller company since you can put "worked at x" on your resume.

>>an user on Sup Forums said that so it must be true
See, i can green text too.

Apple treats its users like idiots and Google's public image is creepily good for how huge they are. Microsoft is the underdog, and so thoroughly irrelevant that they have less capacity to do harm (even if windows 10 is skeevy).