Is Sup Forums following this Equifax crisis?

Is Sup Forums following this Equifax crisis?

How do you fuck up so badly and expose 150 MILLION American's private info?

Any /security/ fa/gs/ wanna chime in here?

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2017/09/08/psa-no-matter-what-you-write-equifax-may-tell-you-youve-been-impacted-by-the-hack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

TeaMp0isoN fag here.

Like this.

they got sloppy with their security, their it was probably outsourced to pajeets anyway, with so much attack surface breach like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

>CSO has a Master's in Music Composition

This is the woman in charge of guarding hundreds of millions of credit card #'s, SSN's and other highly sensitive information?

God I hate nepotism so much. Like, if you'd holding on to my fucking SSN and CC info, I want you to have a PhD in fucking Data Security or something.

>Baking and credit information for almost half of America is now compromised
>Credit scores, identities, CC #s etc
>People's fucking identities are now compromised
>Banks rely on this information to be reputable in order to issue loans

Okay, be honest with me: What are the ramifications of this? How fucked are we?

I hope they learn their lesson..if not, then i hope they fuck up even more, i don't know how many times Americans are going to hit their heads until they learn that you need to hire someone that knows his field and have skills for the safety of everyone and not because of his gender or that diversity bullshit

Whoever filed with Equifax is fucked
I'm not because I didn't fall for the credit jew.

>BA, Music Composition
>MFA, Music Composition
>Professional
>Professional
>Professional
>Chief Security Officer

an unregulated capitalist market ensures that only qualified people can get the positions they deserve.

By trusting your security to open sores shitware.

It's like one disaster after another

>PSA: no matter what, Equifax may tell you you’ve been impacted by the hack

techcrunch.com/2017/09/08/psa-no-matter-what-you-write-equifax-may-tell-you-youve-been-impacted-by-the-hack/

>TL;DR: No matter what you enter into Equifax's UNSECURE(!!!!!) "have you been compromised" tool, it'll report that you've been compromised.

How soon until we see Equifax board members going anhero?

Industrial espionage by professional criminals.

Again, the internet is not a secured network and has never been one.

Encryption is just a deterrent keeping honest users honest.

> Encryption is just a deterrent
Are you retarded or is this just a meme?

I have a question, is it possible to come back from this? I mean it's like being a compromised certificate company.

> it'll report that you've been compromised.

But that's not true. I entered my data and It said I was fine. My Co-worker did the same and was fine as well.

The talk right now is irma but imo this should be the biggest news. We still don't know much about what happened, and pretty sad that MSM isn't following up much either. There should be riots on the streets but I guess america doesn't give a fuck.

I heard that it doesn't matter whether you had credit or not and that you could still be impacted.

Not fucked at all. Most Americans CCs, SSNs, Names, Addresses, and so forth have been exposed time and time again by other big companies.

There are services in placed to not get fucked when something like this happens. ffs you can even tell the three major credit companies to deny any attempts to open credit lines against your SSN and having your CC info out there is a joke when you can literally get it changed overnight now a days.

Unless you're an idiot and don't pay attention you'll be fine.

If you run a dentist office you are legally required to dover and lock the patient records, even if the front door is locked because someone might see them through the goddamned window.

Meanwhile, these faggots can just store shit reachable online. Whne the fuck are baby-boomers going to get the goddamned clue that if it's reachable online it's the same as posting it on a bullitin board in the public square?

Boomers pls go already, while we still have a vague chance at saving the world you shat all over.

A come back implies they've lost something.
You have no choice whether or not they get your data.

>didn't tell the public for over a month

Fucking dumbasses. Had to set up a fraud alert this morning just to be safe.

Nepotism did nothing wrong.

big data was a mistake

The reality is that most network security is barely functional and we have no choice but to pray that no one finds some exploit that can be used to do shit like this.

It is a deterrent you idiot like locks on a door/safe.

You can crack encryption with sufficient time, motivation and resources.

The thing is that masses (a.k.a me, you and Sup Forumstards) aren't worth the hassle and bother.

Big targets don't have that luxury. They are hoping that somebody doesn't crack their encryption schemes or find a serious exploit in them.

Read the article you fag
You can enter illegitimate data into it and get told you're being compromised.

Also, I REALLY hope you're not actually putting your real info into that site. It doesn't have its certs configured properly

It only says you MAY have been compromised.

Encryption isn't a fucking safe you brainlet retard. Done correctly modern encryption is like a bank vault and impenetrable in practice.

You think this all works like the movie hackers and mister robot don't you Bobby

It is not impenetrable my friend with sufficient time, resources and motivation.

Bank vaults can get robbed too with sufficient time, resources and motivation.

The key is "are you worth the risk and hassle?"

The overwhelming of users and servers aren't worth the hassle. Smart criminals prefer that their mainstream victims do all of the hard work for them (phishing, trojans, scamware).

Big targets don't have the luxury of being a "nobody" and they have worry about careless employees falling for phishing, trojans and malware.

Show me the crack for properly implemented AES256.

It is being work on already. The parties involved are keeping it low-key.

Encryption has always been an arms race. It is only a matter of time before AES256 is no longer "safe".

The most dangerous thing with security is assuming that your defenses are invulnerable and nothing can break through.

SELECT * FROM credit_scores LIMIT 150000000;

>asks for proof
>"dude it's out there already they are just being lowkey"

Holy shit, are you actually retarded?

It is being worked on you idiot. You think that black-hat crackers are going to just leave AES256 alone and call it quits?

They could have already found an exploit in it and that world doesn't know about it. They are just waiting for the opportunity to use it or sell it to the highest bidder.

Again, nothing is unbreakable in the absolute sense. You think bank vaults are just left unguarded because safecrackers can't easily break the door?

Encryption is simply a deterrent and a very good one if done properly. Pretending that it is unbreakable and renders all other security measures irrelevant is tomfoolery.

>Show me the crack for properly implemented AES256.
>it's being worked on you idiot
>they could have already found...
>they are just waiting for the opportunity...
whatever you say lad

European Union doesn't have this problem.

I live in the real world not some fantasy land.

Why do you think the most infamous security leaks happen? Because the victims were too overconfident that nobody will defeat their security measures and they become complacent.

Never assume anything is 100% bullet proof because you will end-up letting your guard down.

>Why do you think the most infamous security leaks happen?
they don't happen from breaking AES256 that is for sure

Keep laughing it up until that exploit comes (assuming one gets discovered in the near-future) around and rapes our collective asses with no lube.

When you work in any industry, you'll soon learn that managers rarely have experience in what they're managing.

She doesn't "do" anything related to information security, but her subordinates do.
They report things to her and she reports the relevant bits to upper management.

>You can crack encryption with sufficient time
Yes, sufficient time like ten times the lifetime of the universe

>Why do you think the most infamous security leaks happen?
Because of music majors running critical infrastructure behind Apache/Wordpress instances.

Nothing is getting by properly implemented AES256 anytime soon, you dumb faggot. Nothing is uncrackable, but no one has been able to beat it for over a decade. As of right now it's completely secure.

>Implying closed source software is better
The vulnerability was discovered by a 3rd party because it's open source, you brainlet
That said struts is an old piece of shit and that parsing code has had more vulnerabilities than you can count on your fingers

That's a dangerous assumption my friend. It is mostly secure not "100% secure". Always assume that somebody will find a fault in within that time frame how unlikely it may appear to be on paper.

Please explain to me how CORRECTLY implemented AES256 is anything but 100% secure.

cold boot attacks

>implying CSO isn't a fancy term for a cushy upper management position a.k.a PHB.

>what is Peter Principle.

All these decisions were born from overconfidence and complacency.

I bet the alarm siren sounded fucking awesome, though.

>When you work in any industry, you'll soon learn that managers rarely have experience in what they're managing.
>the status quo is the optimal operating parameter, and is how everyone should operate

>implying those can't be easily prevented.

They didn't get sloppy. The attackers exploited a 7 year old vulnerability. They were always sloppy, even before this bitch came along. And you guys do realize there's more than one person on the security teams of these giant firms, right? You can't pin it on a single woman, especially when their team is probably male dominated.

Something out of the box perhaps.

Again, never ever assume that anything is "100% secure". Just secure enough that only handful of people would attempt to bother to crack/attack if given the opportunity and the masses can't easily access it.

I'm not saying it's optimal, I'm just saying that you shouldn't be surprised.
Managers need to be a people-person. You need to know how to appropriate delegate tasks, you need to know how to manage groups of people.

/r9k/ BTFO

They did it on purpose

Sup Forums BTFO

tfw having a vagina is the same as being black and affirmative action

Found the worthless neet virgin.
read

>Whoever filed with Equifax is fucked
Nobody "files" with Equifax

go back to tumblr you bleeding cunt

This is Trump's America and that bitch is taking the fall.

virgin loser lmao

>I want you to have a PhD in fucking Data Security or something.
I'd rather not, my experience is that self taught people are usually superior.

>drumpfts america
So that explains no wall whatsoever, money still being wasted on mudshit wars, products still being outsourced, critical failures everyfuckingwhere

Sad!

I get more pussy than you get dick lmao

Yes! Reminder that Edward Snowden dropped out of high school and was self-taught.

Hillary called it quits, and so should you.

Can't wait for more IT meltdowns under trump :)

you can't be effective at leading people if you don't even know what you're having them do.
and if you dont understand the projects you're managing, how do you expect to assign the right people to certain tasks based on their skillsets?
managers should have prior experience in the field their working in

His very mention can cause those who are weak to lose their shit it seems.

She does have experience though lmao

>right now our data is being dumped and sold on the darkest parts of the internet

In playing the skinflute lmao

>professional
>professional
>professional
>chief security officer
There's a difference between an engineer who becomes a chief technology officer, and some cunt who's job was so vague and unimportant it didn't have a recognizable title becoming the chief security officer after studying music composition

kek'd n' rekt

You guys aren't seeing the big picture here. Equifax is a billion dollar corporation. Someone at the top of that corporation equipped this woman with her job title, and probably refused candidates with far superior skills and experience. This woman is not to blame, it is those at the top which decided to grant her the title, knowing that it wasn't a good choice.

Even then, to lash out at single employees, while the entire corporation is at fault, is naive; those at the top of Equifax, though, would love for such to happen.

Your sound life one of those people who write on " tech " without having any actual knowledge of it, but try to use real world examples to explain them, while massively fucking up.
The level of your retardness is just amazing

We all should thrive to be paranoid fame whore snitches.

>Your sound life

The point flew over your head, 'sperg.

I don't have a credit card so I'm not sure how much this affects me.

I don't either, but apparently I've been affected. Have you ever had a job? Bills to pay?

Nigger do you even know what encryption is?
My god you're fucking retarded.

There is no possible way to decrypt something that's been properly encrypted unless you have the key. There's no software vulnerabilities to a fucking basic mathematical transformation.

This.
The ones hiring are to be blamed.

>I want my government to spy on me and lie about it
top cuck, now go prep your bull before your wife gets angry at you

WEW
LAD

HAHAHAHA THAT BITCH GOT LEAKED!!!! XD

I've been laughing my ass off at all the Sup Forumstards and NEETs on Sup Forums that think just because they've never paid for anything with a credit card there's no way they could be affected. If you haven't been raised by wolves in the middle of nowhere and have had no contact with civilization, you are safe. If not, you exist in one of the three databases, even if all you've done is opened up a savings account.
Like this fucking retard, top kek. "I outsmarted da joos!". No, kid, if you were born after fucking 1975 and have ever had a job, you are potentially one of the 150 million.

why the fuck they put a musician has a security officer?

>muh Sup Forums
sure buddy

>Filed with Equifax
Come back in a decade when you've figured out how the world works, this isn't a good place for you to be hanging out.

Meanwhile I have a STEM degree and still jobless. Just kys me bros

The struts vulnerability was around 7 years? Lordy

Go sit on a rake and fuck yourself

no formal training but 16 years in the industry != I like to play the trumpet sometimes

Is it getting much coverage in popular media?

I believe it was an orchestrated attack to keep eroding privacy and open the door to a "Mark of the Beast"-style monitoring system.

>female
>phi Kappa Psi
It doesn't add up bros

I've worked in enterprises. I know how this song goes.
>Hey boss, we're vulnerable to an old struts vulnerability

"Oh, and you're volunteering to pay the $600 it'll cost to write up a spec and send to our Indian team and the $45 it'll cost them to do it?"

>No but it's a serious issue

"Remind me again why you passed up for promotion after promotion? Oh right, THIS SHIT"

stop being sexist