Redpill me on Soulseek

Redpill me on Soulseek

better than private trackers

absolute shit

sssh

Just install it and try it. It takes two seconds holy shit. Completely useless post

It works as advertised.
Some users are cool and will share ultra special albums if you ask them nicely.

t.fell for the /marked/ meme and its fucking nothing.

I am using it, but what I mean is: is it good according to Sup Forums? What about botnet? Better alternatives that access the same libraries? Etc

Proprietary.

I actually use Nicotine+, though.

It's just P2P. I found all sorts of books and music. Who cares what Sup Forums thinks it works. You'll of course find more specific things on private trackers. And as always use caution when downloading things

This. The slsk community is really fucking cool.

>It's just P2P.
Well that's blatantly ignorant. Have you never visited a p2p thread on Sup Forums before? People sure seem to be splitting hairs over what is apparently "just p2p".

Good & more convenient than private trackers.

>I am using it, but what I mean is: is it good according to Sup Forums? What about botnet?

This is how retarded this board has become.

"Guys I'm using this service / product that I enjoy using. If even people reply to my thread with a meme word like "botnet" i'll stop using it so I fit in"

>matrix reference

for me the best part of soulseek is to search for the album I want, then look through the files of the guy who had it, and then just download anything that sounds interesting. comfy

it's good for 95% of the time
remaining 5% are when someone shares a broken file or swaps filenames for tracks for shits and giggles

I wish it had more stuff in FLAC but it's excellent to find obscure albums. I like it.

breddi gud

In my experience it has a lot of FLAC, maybe you just need to be on the correct userlists.

>for me the best part of soulseek is to search for the album I want, then look through the files of the guy who had it, and then just download anything that sounds interesting. comfy
until the guy blocks you with some meme excuse cause he's a cunt or he just has 90% of his directory set to private

>maybe you just need to be on the correct userlists.
post userlists

>get on Soulseek
>searched for "passwords.txt"
>Get one result from a guy who shared his whole D drive

I downloaded it but never did anything with that file

I've used it since 2000, I switched to it when Napster went shit/vanished, after a brief try with Audio Galaxy I've used Soulseek ever since.

if you're into 128kbps MP3s and slow downloads, Soulshit is for you.

Deezloader for most mainstream stuff
Soulseek for the rest

On the subject of filesharing, I've heard that google drive is becoming quite popular to share stuff.

Anyone care to give me a few pointers to where people share their gdrive folders?

ive never seen anything take longer than 1 minute and less than 320kpbs. stop giving bad info

Nuh uh my wife's son said he downloaded soulja boy - crank that and it was shit quality so that means all SLSK is trash

fuckin hipsters, I used soulseek before Sup Forums existed, why the fuck would you use that crap in 2017? everyone who was anyone dropped napster/kazaa/soulseek and their kind the second bittorrent became a thing

It's essential if you like dance music of any kind.

Best client?

PicoTorrent

Only of you listen to top 40 normie albums. Soulseek is GOAT for obscure shit, but you wouldn't know you Taylor Swift pleb

I did this when i was kid on a dc++ like 16 years ago.
Found a guys gambling site username and password. I actually tried them and it worked, but I didnt do anything else cos was scared i would get caught. He had 20 dollars in his account