Arduino

My boss at work wants a way to call crewmembers from the back up to the line with the push of a button.

I was looking for something premade to do this, but I discovered something called Arduino that I'm really interested in.

I want to have a simple button on the line, which when pushed turns on an LED ~15 meters away and through a wall.

If anyone is familiar with the products, Is this something I could accomplish with Arduino? Which products should I buy? I was looking at some of their IoT devices but it's all kind of confusing. I have programming experience.

I'm hoping to do this kind of cheap. My boss said the company would pay for materials, but such a simple convenience probably wouldn't justify a lot of money.

Other urls found in this thread:

nodemcu.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>such a simple convenience probably wouldn't justify a lot of money.
You're literally a cuck

If you just want to turn on a LED it sounds to me like you just want to make a circuit, I don't see how you need a computer for this.

You only need a battery for power the led, some cable and a fucking switch.

You need:
Wire
Electricity
LED
The end.

That's called an intercom, you stupid fuck.

Needs to be wireless.

I guess I am stupid. I don't know what an intercom has to do with this.

Jesus Christ. Tell your boss he has hired a retard.
>Button
>Cable
>Light
>Electricity

>Needs to be wireless.

Then I'd rather try to do something with a walkie-talkie or such than setting up an arduino with a button to connect it to a led somewhere else, what you want still has nothing to do with computers.

Or just get a wifi LED, which is a thing that exists already.

dude its simple as fuck. Download the Arduino IDE
and there are some examples. At glance i tell you the code will be like:

void setup(){
pinMode(13, OUTPUT) /the led
pinMode(12, INPUT) / thebutton
}
void loop(){
if digitalRead (12, HIGH) then /read the button
digitalWrite(13, HIGH); /turn on the led
else
digitalWrite(13, LOW);
}

jej

There's a lot of noise in both areas, I doubt walkie-talkies, or an intercom if this is what the other user intended, would be a smart choice. Plus, they're in a hurry and pressing a button once and forgetting about it would be fast.

I was looking for existing products, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Mostly home lighting installations, or smartphone activated lights.

>or smartphone activated lights.

That's... literally something that wifi LEDs do I think?

I thought I mentioned I want to use a button. Using a smartphone would be extremely impractical.

What makes your boss think an LED will work? People will just tune it out eventually. Better to wire it to some annoying as fuck alarm.

You could do Bluetooth lights with two esp32s

> Needs to be wireless.
nodemcu.com
buy the actual hardware off ebay, they can be had for as cheap as $3

you've never been in a store and heard the store manager call staff to the front over the PA/intercom?

*press and hold talk button*

"Send help"

*release button*

If ur workplace has wifi, you can use particle, its basically arduino with wifi. Bosses button ->partcle #1 and thru wifi it turns on LED boards.

If all you want is a wireless button and a light, get a wireless visual doorbell. Amazone has them for $14.
"Anpress 7 Color Lights Flash + Music Doorbell, Wireless Doorbell, The Deaf/Hard of Hearing Favorite, Music Can Be Changed"

arduino is good for this, you can use it as a source of 5v, or buy a breadboard of smthn to use to make a circuit with, its a better alternative to a battery

Phone + smart lightbulb and done