Which do you use Sup Forums?

Which do you use Sup Forums?
I was looking at VS Code but saw that it uses electron.

Other urls found in this thread:

marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ErosFratini.ClippyVS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Usually Sublime. I liked Atom too for a while but it wasn't as customizable as I wanted / had time for so I switched.

If you aren't using emacs then just kill yourself

I use VS Code because I'm not a third-world poorfag who has to make do with a Duron and 256 MB of RAM

sublime is perfect comfy.

>Lightweight
>Tons of installable modules to make it as bloated or light as you want.
>Doesn't require autism.
>comfy to program in

VSCode is a good balance between performance and ~cute app~

>using anything other than vim

>He isn't using neovim

What's with these pleb-tier options?

I use Emacs because I don't have a double digit IQ.

Awww, brainlet thinks he's smart.

Is neovim actually good or is it just a meme plugin?

Scite

I'll either use an IDE from jetbrains depending on the language and use sublime or vim for everything else.

are you happy wasting cycles and electricity just for rendering your blinking cursor?

I love wasting electricity because it just means I'm using up more of our planet's resources and screwing over pajeets and mohammeds who are 2poor to live in luxury like a decadent man such as myself

notepad ++ is ancient history, no one is using it anymore

sublime and VScode are both good, the latter for more serious projects, the former for everything else.

Atom isn't good enough desu

gedit because all I really need is line numbering

It's not a plugin in, its a fork. Before vim8 it was the only way to have asynchronous plugins, which was useful for linters.

Right now, it's basically vim + a :terminal command + you can write plugins in python.

VisuaL StuidO 2017

>notepad ++ is ancient history, no one is using it anymore

Well I do lol.

With a bit of setup it is better than Sublime and the perfect editor for light coding stuff.

>using a full IDE to fuck around with small projects

>giving a fuck about 10 seconds of load time
>not wanting industry leading features
I sure hope that you guys do not.

For NET stuff = Yes
For anything else = NO.

VS and VS Code are both bretty gud. I don't use Code much but it's handy when you need to do a quick edit. Only other tools I use are Eclipse for Java and Vi for emergencies.

This

So it's ok to use pajeet coded software with 0 optimization because "it looks so cool xd!"?
Fucking normies

>Using such a bloated program to do something achievable in notepad
I sure hope that you guys do not

I really like atom for general programing. I know both sublime and vs code are supposed to be better, but I'm too lazy to learn them. Also Vim to do linux and system management on terminal.

Why would you ever use notepad++ in this century???

Funny, i always thought this was a technology board.

I wish sublime worked with either nautilus or dolphin remote directories, otherwise I would use it full time instead I have to use gedit

I'd be willing to bet money the average Sublime Text user is richer than the average VSC user.

If you can't use vim to do everything you want and everything you need you may as well consider switching career, since IT is not your jazz.

THEY'RE ALL FREE JUST DOWNLOAD THEM AND TEST FOR YOURSELF
HOLY FUCK

>FREE
let me interject for a moment,

It's like you hate efficient workflows

VSC is actually heavily optimized. It took MS a lot of effort to get that sort of performance out of Electron. If they hadn't done it, it would have been as bad as Atom. There are just limits to what you can do with Electron.

>using a latex condom when you can just castrate yourself

Notepad++ has only existed during this century. How is freaking Atom better, anyway?

I love spending cycles and electricity to render this little guy
marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=ErosFratini.ClippyVS

Vim
Also I make $70k a year developing electron apps, why are you butthurt about electron

Only the lamest corporate slaves and NEET corporate slave wannabes lump programming into "IT".

Laptop battery life
CPU spikes
RAM usage, too, but it doesn't matter as much
Controls aren't native

It's the equivalent of those early 2000s eyesore applications that used a custom theme for everything, now with extra resource consumption.

So you have a single digit IQ?

>Notepad++ has only existed during this century.
So its creation was a mistake

>How is freaking Atom better, anyway?
Easily customizable, great package management, can even compile things on it, like LaTeX... Its slow, I'll give you that...

I literally only use vscode because I am two intelligent to get autocomplete to work in vim.

>Easily customizable
Same as Notepad++.
>great package management
That's nice, but did you really need it to download some syntax highlighting files?
>can even compile things on it, like LaTeX...
Same as Notepad++ again.
>Its slow, I'll give you that...
Guess what editor doesn't have this problem?

vscode

vim with a comfy .vimrc

VS Code is indeed Electron but it's not nearly as slow as Atom

Visual Studio Enterprise with all 120GBs of extensions running on my Windows 10 Education Edition VM image and I use Edge as my browser of choice.
It's maximum /comfy/.

Well I was using Code::Blocks because it came with a pre-installed GNU C++ compiler, but then my school started running things on VS and basically forced me to use that IDE as well, so I've learned a lot about VS and I kinda grew to liking it, even though I feel dirty for it. Also there was this odd thing with the GNU C++ compiler I was using (might have just been a problem with that specific version of the compiler, idk for certain), but it wouldn't allow the use of getline() which really pissed me off when making console programs (because fuck cin, I'm going to be anal as fuck, only allow you to input a string, then I'll parse that string over to other data types in a try catch block as needed because I KNOW you're going to be a cheeky fucker and try to trick me).

If I actually gave a shit, I would use Notepad++ because of muh pretty text colors and it's very lightweight and then use the command line toolchain, but honestly guys it's just an IDE, as long as it gets the shit done and doesn't crash on a regular basis, provides error highlighting (which really does help you write error-free code quicker, noone is perfect), and has a dark theme (because fuck staring at white and text for hours on end, my fucking eyes, my poor fucking eyes), then it's groovy with me man.

this tbhfamily

are you done typing yet

nano

Use notepadstarter plugin to replace standard notepad with notepad++. notepad++ is also absurdly fast to startup compared to the rest.

>trips of truth

this but unironically
maximalism but with a coat of minimalism and tranquility

> and i kinda grew to liking it
stockholm syndrome is real man

And there's no GSG9 to save me either. Fuck.

>Easily customizable
>Same as Notepad++.
how do I change ui theme, text letter spacing and line height in notepad++? how do I turn on live error reporting from language server and linter for typescript? what about quick fixes like auto-import?

>maximalism
You mean "Suprematism"?

nah
more is more

t. NEET

Sublime text 3 for front-end, VS Code for back-end

Notepad++ seems to be the only editor that doesn't shit the bed when opening and searching through several files with 1.6m lines on average