So... what's the best Linux distro just for a fuck-around machine...

So... what's the best Linux distro just for a fuck-around machine? I already have a Windows gaming machine so no need to take that into consideration, but for a laptop for uni where I'm studying CS and doing a lot of programming, what's the best distro?

Alpine linux

are you fucking retarded, Ubuntu

>most popular distro
>lots of support for it
>it just werks
>easy to use

Ubuntu so you can spend time programming and not ricing your system for screenfetch threads

You really want a fuck around machine? You reallly wanna fuck around? I am not memeing you, install Gentoo.

All kinds of fucking around to be had there. Enjoy

Maybe Ubuntu or OpenSuse.

The best Linux distro is the one you actually sit down and use.

Thats true

>Cherry picked section of the article is evidence he doesn't use Linux
Fuck off

>a distraction from my focus, which is Linux userspace internals (non-GUI stuff)
way to only read the first half of that sentence

install gentoo and kys

he said he wanted a fuck-around machine you faggot

I did this too... I spent way to much time tweaking and modifying configs on my desktop when I ran Linux. Now I shamefully use Windows and have a Vagrant box for development.

haha look at this faggot

Stop being productive.

That's a joke right?

kek

You are a sad little person

I like manjaro, but that's only because there's a nice i3 version available. No fucking around, bit of a learning curve

Ubuntu or Antergos.
/thread

I work on GNOME for a living and I too am an imposter.
>tfw Fedora VM on my Surface Laptop

I like lubuntu. It's pretty lightweight so maybe good for your laptop. Been using it for a year and a half and I've resintalled once a month or so ago so pretty good stability. I also downloaded 'everything' on it at first so I'm more conservative with it now. You can do an openbox session with it as well for more snappiness. I haven't been able to break with all the fucking around I do on it.

I switched back to Windows over this too. I even like Visual Studio now.

No...s-stop.