Another Intel Coffee Lake price has been leaked

Another Intel Coffee Lake price has been leaked
guru3d.com/news-story/european-core-i7-8700k-coffee-lake-prices-spotted-in-germany.html

HOL UP

UR SAYING THAT THE NEXT GEN OF INTEL PROCESSORS WILL BE PRICED EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE LAST GEN BECAUSE THEYRE DIRECT REPLACEMENTS? THANK GOD FOR THESE LEAKS

Will they be compatible with 1151¿

Same socket new chipset. Deal with it, goy.

>7700k
$330
>8700k
$380

what did Intel mean by this?

>inkl. VAT
Reading comprehension

it uses the 1151 socket

>2 sockets glued together
>2 new premium cores
>additional glue costs

you think all that extra stuff is gonna be free??? sorry but we are simply not made of money that's atleast 50 cents more in materials

kek same cpu's and cost more

do they even know ryzen is out ?

>leaked
Come on Intel has been caught numerous times in the past leaving bread crumbs. They're just trying to build hype to stall potential Ryzen buyers so stop falling for their bait.

who will buy the same chip for more money?

It's out in 4 months.

Stupid kids and fanboys.

Brainlets will just as they bought GTX 1080's again at launch and got bamboozled by nVidia for the 3rd time they will never learn. These are the same sheep who paid the premium with skylake ddr4 with shit features on motherboards only to be bamboozled by Intel and the board manufacturers as Kabylake had all the bells and whistles, Intel and board manufacturers deliberately designed lackluster skylake boards in order to get them to upgrade again with kabylake z270.

supposedly it's better in both single core and multicore than the best ryzen cpu 1800x.

Yes having 2 less cores sucks, I reeeally dont want to upgrade from a quadcore only to a hexacore but if it's really faster overall, who am I to argue?

Babby Lake didn't really have any features that anybody needs anyways though. Optane and HDCP 2.2. Big deal. Oh and a 8% performance increase.

It's mobos overall had better features though like 2 or 3 m.2 slots, better ports/newer usb

>Oh and a 8% performance increase.
And that was largely clockspeed related anyway, the clock-to-clock gain over Skylakek was hilariously miniscule.

That 8700 really seems nice. Might upgrade it, hope it has a performance increase over my 4770k

Single core is a given unless they somehow manage to regress in IPC over Skylake, but multicore is completely up in the air and anyone without concrete performance numbers should just be dismissed as the shitty rumor monger he is.

>the clock-to-clock gain over Skylakek was hilariously miniscule.
You mean nonexistent. Kaby Lake is LITERALLY just Skylake with higher clocks and iGPU refresh.

AMD had their 15 minutes in the sun but that's about to end. Coffee Lake will absolutely destroy Ryzen.

>Coffee Lake will absolutely fail to destroy Ryzen.
FTFY. Higher clocks will still be the only thing Intel has going for them.

Intel will only regain their footing on the next architecture.
The core architecture pretty much did hit the viability wall quite a while ago.

>unless they regress over skylake
if it's meshbus, there's a good chance of regressions (see how the 10-core i9 regressed over the previous one)

New chipset a year keeps the goyim in fear

yeah intel's ringbus is simple, but still pretty potent in lower core counts. On top of that there's apparently going to be fairly significant frequency loss to keep TDP in check. Those coupled with an IPC increase I'm guessing will lead to a net zero situation.

there is no IPC increase user, it's just a 6 core skylake processor

I
BECOME SO NUMB

Which is exactly what is needed to kill Ryzen.

The bingbus -> mesh transition was one thing, but more importantly SKL-X lost a shitload of L3 cache over Broadwell-E and that really hurt it in a number of applications.

you mean keep ryzen at bay for one year at most right? when zen2 comes out intel won't have anything to counter it for a long long time

No, CFL-S + mindshare = AMDead.

fug, I got mine for $175 here in the states, just bite the bait already

>mfw Intel 7700K wasn't even released more than 6 months ago

Intel truly is a disgrace for Israel. I hope that Donald Trump bans the sale of Intel products in the US and curb stomps Brian tbqh

And I'm saying this as a jewish person (on my mother's side)

spit their grave

>dead
>AMD or intel
Those companies are quite more resilient than you might think.
Even if intel actually defeat the Ryzen 1600 with this chip, they still got nothing on Epyc, nothing on Raven Ridge, nothing on Threadripper etc etc etc.. and AMD will keep improving their shits.
But on the same coin, intel survived a LOT worse than this.
They lost the entirety of the 8 and 16bit generations pretty much, yet that didn't killed em.

Intel was basically a memory company before Pentium (and japs nuking the memory market). Current Intel is 80%+ x86 CPUs.

Apparently a CB score is out, and judging by what guru3d says, multithreading only matches the 1600x. Single thread matches the 7740x exactly, but I'm finding it a bit odd since this only turboes to 4.5Ghz, while the 8700k single core turbo clocks at 4.7.
Not posting the link because fuck mobile caps. If anyone else could post it instead that'd be peachy.

>requires $399 mainboard

>while the 8700k single core turbo clocks at 4.7.
This is still just rumored clockspeeds that've been floating around for a few months now (like they usually do before a major launch)