Do you like nbn?

do you like nbn?

Going to be slower than old hfc but will enjoy better upload speed. Just hope that peak times aren't so bad. Can get full speed even during peak times currently (usually 13-14MB/s). Still have about 8 months until we have to swap over so may just stick with it so that hopefully infrastructure is more mature.

Fuck. No.

This is my 100mb/s pipe on an average evening. I was torrenting faster on DSL.

I like that i now get a maximum of 25/5 instead of 4/0.7

It's all relative
But i think they should have at least aimed for minimum double that. But the problem is normies dont understand or care and ruin it for everyone else.

>3 megabit ADSL2 until 2019

kill me

>kill me
why? sounds like you're doing better than people with NBN

Alot of the issues from my experience come down to when you're having an issue, the ISP and NBNco telling you "not my fault" at each other until you switch ISP. Overall though it's been pretty swell, in the outback so going from my 3G modem to 50/20 is nice.

100/40 with node here. No such issues for the last three years.
Worst I have measured has been 96/38 - ish

> Australia
My condolences.

At the moment it's still unobtainium. Telstra says it's coming to me in early October, nbnco says April next year.

Other than that, I want more IPv6 support from NBN ISPs. IPv6 support for residential services is still a complete shitshow.

It's alright. FTTP, 100/40.

Telstra Coax.

Was meant to be on NBN already, but they decided to roll out somewhere else and I'm back to end of 2018. That said, still fucking fast.

I want faster up rates though..

only because i have FTTP.

getting it installed, and telstra’s ordering system, is a bit annoying, though.

honestly, the internet isn't that bad

most sites have no buffering unless you're on a shit tier plan

>tfw you realise even the initial NBN project was out dated piece of shit

The current fibre optic rollout of fibre to the home/premises is incapable of providing gigabit speeds to households. They will need to rollout additional cables. The costs would've been negligible if they just rolled out gigabit from the beginning.

it's us faggot's fault for spreading out over the country too much. we should have stayed hudled preferably on the north eastern tip. That would be ALOT less ground to cover with fiber cables and be a huge cost saving.

fttp is capable of providing gigabit speeds to homes.

>NBNCo oay EIGHT HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS to purchase the Optus cable network
>Realize it's all too fucked to be used for NBN

Literally run by retards. I hope the property crash fucks this country long and hard, politicians and businesspeople in this country are utterly corrupt scumbag bottomfeeders with Chinks buying our red dirt and laundering their crooked money into making boomers housing millionaires the only thing keeping us afloat.

The public is completely apathetic and cruising on "she'll be right" despite having one of the best designed democratic political systems unlike the US/UK

So far it's a huge upgrade for me. But it should of been better, the whole project was FUCKED from the start and implementation/rollout SUCKED. The government fucked it up but at least we're keeping up with the times JUST.

My grandparents 3 mins away have 97/40, meanwhile I DONT have NBN and have 6/1... REEEEE

the Westminster system is the same as UK

on the money there

So much this. What's the alternative? Burgerland?

Is this a joke? It has been one of the most mismanaged major projects in Aus history. All for purely political point scoring. Aus politics are a fucking joke.

Not true. We have preferential voting whereas the UK has FPTP, same as the US.

Move across the ditch?

On the 100/40 FTTP plan and very rarely have problems. I consider myself very lucky after hearing about all the horror stories about installations and people on FTTN during peak hours etc.

Housemate is watching youtube atm but even during peak hours I can get 90+ mbps down.

Source? I have fttp and have 4 separate connections running from my NTD box all 200/200 plans. The fibre optic line from my NTD box back to the bode is incapable of providing me with more than 450Mbps, i had NBN come out and they replaced the NTD box a dozen times then they finally told me the fibre optic line cant provide more than 500Mbps throughput.

>we should have stayed hudled preferably on the north eastern tip.

with the cockroaches, the cane toads, the spiders and the torres straight islander spearchuckers. and the humidity. and the torrential rain. and the invading Indonesian Islamicists.

jesus, if i could move further south than tasmania, i would.

They really think outside the box on finding ways to fuck us over.

Nope I get 1-5mbit during peak normiefag hours and the only solution is to wait until 2018 well fuck that I'm moving

Fixed wireless is a joke

well I said north QLD to give us some identity. Otherwise we'd just be another new zealand if we were all concentrated in tasmania.

Source?
Look at my republic in Woolongong, 1000/400 for like $130 a month for a year.

The actual fibre itself is capable of 10gbps + but the Fibre distro hub only as a 2.44gbps/1.4gbps split between 32 homes, but an easy swaparoo at the exchange fixes that

HA HA HA HA HA HA, NBN is utter shit. iiNet HFC is where its at boys.