udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>starting with C++
dear god no

Don't listen to
The book is decent.
Try Effective Modern C++ after though

>using c++ at all

The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup is probably your best bet.

The book is good, but I wouldn't advise any novice programmer to start with C++. The language is so bloated, fucked up and inconsistent that you'll either be left confused or with gaping holes in your understanding.

which language do you suggest user?

Primer is a very good book.
Lots of people will recommend The C++ Programming Language but it is a very academic book.
If you just want to learn C++ and right now don't want to care about the very, very intricacies of the language Primer is perfect.
It's well written with little errata. 9/10 would recommend to someone that's never written c++ before.

C, Java or Python.
Not because they're better languages, but because they're easier languages with better resources and more consistent guidelines.

Always start with Python. If it becomes boring or too hard then programming is not for you.

is Think Python any good? or should I get Learning python?

Python crash course or Automating the boring stuff are actually decent starting points. Dont know about "Think python". Are you referring to Lutz's book or "learning python the hard way"? If the former, read his Learning/Programming python later. Stay away from "learning the hard way".

Referring to the lutz book? which is the best one to start?

listen to this guy: Python will make you able to do something useful quickest. I would recommend Python first, then Java and then C and then C++. It seems like a lot of extra work, but it's easier than to go straight to C++ at once. C++ is a mess, it's super useful for stuff like games... But it's a mess.

Java has syntax that is somewhat similar to C++ So you COULD go Java first and then C++, but anything shorter than that I would not recommend.

There is no best start. That being said, for beginners read either or both "Python crash course" and "Automating the boring stuff". After those you can have a look at Lutz's books. Just for the love of God, start learning today. Don't procrastinate. Don't search for "best books or resources" because there aren't any.

Best intro to Python... Challenging and no nonsense: udacity.com/course/intro-to-computer-science--cs101

You can program in Python after this (at least enough to google and understand anything you don't already know)

For any serious business applications you should use Visual Basic

anons i think Im being meme'd

Start with C.
Learn functions, recursion, lists/trees, string manipulation, file/socket I/O, structs/enums/static/exceptions...
And then move to c++.
Starting with python or java will offer you nothing. Totally different languages, totally different philosophy and you are going to get confused even with c/c++'s pointers when you start with a crap language.
In many universities they learn C to lay a good ground, then move to java, to learn the students the easy concepts of oop and exceptions and then move to c++ for the hardcore features.

I disagree.
The C syntax is easy to understand and you can expand your knowledge of the language while you use it.
It takes a while to learn, but you learn programming, not just C++.

The bloat you talk about is why I think it is worth learning for new people.
Take something trivial like a string.
The C style strings are not very useful for new programmers and forcing them to use a library that uses C style strings, std strings and maybe even a third option gives a good insight into how things work.

Having strict data types is also a good thing for new programmers as languages without them trivializes how data is stored.

A compiler is good for new programmers as you are forced to deal with errors before you can run your application, scripting languages still have linters as optional.

yeah thats a good book. c++ is the real mans language brainlets think its too hard
go ahead and dive right in

Actually read, Starting Out with C++ from Control Structures to Objects. It's the best book I read when first learning C++. I tried many other books, and they just didn't do things as well as this book did.

The author explains many many aspects of the language in great detail. He makes concepts that seem may daunting when you read about them them very easy to understand. Great for beginners.

Is C obsolete? If so should I learn it just to get grasp of all advanced languages?

C isn't going anywhere.

Learning something just to learn something else is a bad strategy.
Learn C if you need to use C.
C is still used a lot in the embedded world

learncpp.com is great except it doesn't give many exercises, just questions you can answer by looking at a particular code. For exercises there's leetcode, hackerrank, project euler, etc.

Well desu i have no use of programming Im just looking for a good career in IT.

Then learning programming is irrelevant.
It may be beneficial to know how to compile and run a program in any language.

Scripting languages are more useful for IT

Learn Python and Powershell