It is legal to produce laptops WITHOUT a trackpoint

>it is legal to produce laptops WITHOUT a trackpoint

why do normalfags settle for the horrible touchpad? do they not know? should we help them?

because trackpoints are literally placebo

Nah, just let them suffer
In what way does an alternative means of manipulating a cursor qualify as placebo? It's convenient, which is a subjective term. It's right in between your home row, where you hands are, anyways. What about that is a lie? My opinion?

how is a device that works as advertised "placebo"?
fucking retard

Its the best way to mouse on a laptop.

Retard detected. Go back to your MacBook.

fuck m8 good job

see Once I got used to using a trackpad again I stopped giving a shit, I don't mind having a trackpoint but I don't mind living without one either, there aren't really that many cases where there's a significant advantage anymore in the era of multi-touch.

>go back to your laptop that isn't a $200 piece of second-hand shit from eBay that someone was going to throw in the trash
I'm sure he will, and love every minute of it.

but user, my 5th gen x1C is much more expensive than most macbooks.

>But user, my shitpad is just a MacBook with a more hipster-cool badge on it!
What point were you trying to make other than demonstrating that you're even more of a brainless sheep than a mactard?

the trackpoint is shit and overrated. wireless mouse is much comfier.

First time I opened a chinkpad I didn't know what that retarded red dot was for, so I took a plier and got rid of it before I even turned it on, because it looked like something I'd constantly hit instead of the keys around it.

It's well past the time to kill all the normies. Each year they get more and more stupid, now the trend is huge ass touchpads that is impossible to type comfortably.

For some reason the ultranav buttons on the T60/T61 are really uncomfortable. It was immediately rectified on the x00 generation. Don't badmouth the trackpoint

>horrible touchpad
Well, that's like, your opinion?

of course a mouse is the ideal solution, but we're talking integrated devices here.

>thinkpoor users shilling the device this hard
>proceed to call other people "shills"

Have you ever used a good touchpad? The one on your memepad doesn't count

>windows
You should be banned on sight

Even if you don't like it to move the cursor.

The scrolling alone makes it worth it.
I'm considering a desktop keyboard with a track point just for that reason.

>now the trend is huge ass touchpads that is impossible to type comfortably.

The very fact they need to make them bigger and bigger proves touchpads are ultimately shit.

Imagine of they had to make mouse pads bigger and bigger - people would laugh.

>62368988

fag

not using a real mouse should be illegal.

>hating on freedom
Fuck off.

ISWYDT

Track point was best but multi touch pad is better

where to buy eraserhead trackpoint?

I've seen it in aliexpress

Placebos also work as advertised.

>of course a mouse is the ideal solution
Except it isn't, trackpoint is far superior. Hands never leave the keyboard

>implying most norms can type and know what "home row" is

for people who post on Sup Forums, it would be neat. I'd love to have one on my MacBook honestly

I bought a few thinkpads from ebay to try them out but the display was too dim. Got an Acer Aspire E15. I can't go back to anything less than a 1080P screen.

>I can't go back to anything less than a 1080P screen, not IPS and without an upgradeable processor.
Me neither, which is why i bought a ThinkPad.

Let me guess you have a tiny x220/230 kek

T440p.

Can't mod the horrible sound quality. And having to mod something that is trash is the first place is hilarious.

I personally dont like trackpoints. I have two laptops that has a nipple (t420 and xt2) and it's just so imprecise in my opinion.

I just use a mouse

fpbp.

>he doesn't use a leather mouse pad

I just looked but going through archives xsauc mentioned that they're sold by unicomp

You never used a good touchpad.
Trackpoints are only useful when space is a restriction.

Now fuck off with your meme.

Mouse > Trackball > Touchpad (Mac) > Trackball (Laptop) > Touchpad > Trackpoint

dell latitude/xubuntu user here
never got used to it .. always turn it off

mouse tuning:

#!/bin/bash
synclient MaxTapTime=0
synclient MaxDoubleTapTime=0
synclient VertEdgeScroll=0
synclient VertTwoFingerScroll=0
synclient MaxTapMove=0
xinput -set-prop "AlpsPS/2 ALPS DualPoint Stick" "Device Enabled" 0

touchpad tuning, that is
maxtaptime must be turned off
will make the touchpad do mouseclicks
vertedgescroll will drag borders with the touchpad
others, the same

i dunno .. impression i got is that you hit it, the pointer moves a bit then it accelarates away

turned it off .. use touchpad

i used a trackpoint once but i found it kinda annoying because i had to put to allot of pressue on it otherwise my finger would slip off.
maybe i nust have to get used to it

this. the only reason I use my trackpoint is because the trackpad is such shit. I'd gladly trade it for a MBP trackpad if I could.

>manlet problems

>Hands never leave the keyboard
Really doesn't seem like much of an advantage to me.

That's a nipple dude

>dat filename

Trackpoints suck, it's like trying to point at something with a fishing line.

Thinkpad phone when?

I just want my op3t with some sort of track point and I'd never buy another phone.

Just sold my x220 (roast me fuckers) for 200€. At the same time I was buying a mint condition x240 (roast me again) for 210€.
I just couldn't stand the crappy TN panel. Gonna swap the x240 screen for a FHD asap.

It's amazing how blind haters would grasp at straws, do you really have nothing in your life now that Steve "macfag" jobs is dead ?

Because it's the closest you'll ever get to touching a clitoris

>good sounding speakers
>water resistant speakers

pick one

>So mad he has to bring up Apple
Only Apple product I owned was an Ipod classic

>Don't be a moron
>don't spill water on laptop
pick two

the droid incredible had a small optical sensor that functioned like a small ball mouse. it was amazing.

trackpoints let you switch back and forth between mousing and typing almost seamlessly. instead of moving your whole hand off the keyboard, you move your thumb and index finger an inch and keep the rest of your fingers on the home row

Even something like the touchpad/ analogue stick things from the steam controller.

It could even double as the fingerprint reader

Why am I that interested in not moving my hands an inch more than absolutely necessary? Not once, in all my years of using trackpads on laptops and regular mice on desktops, have I found myself thinking "Christ, it's such a chore to move my hand a little bit to use the pointing device. If only I had something right in the middle of the keyboard."

Yes, I've used laptops with a clitmouse. Yes, I understand that with sufficient practice, I could be just as adept with it as I am with the much more intuitive trackpad or mouse. I still don't think it's worth it.

>Not once, in all my years of using trackpads on laptops and regular mice on desktops, have I found myself thinking "Christ, it's such a chore to move my hand a little bit to use the pointing device. If only I had something right in the middle of the keyboard."
i legitimately am annoyed every time i have to take my hands off my keyboard to go to a mouse

>why
Unsure.
>do they not know
Often times they have seen one before but not used one, as an owner of several ThinkPads I have seen this happen a lot.
>should we help them
Yes, absolutely.

We should petition to get TrackPoints added to consumer-grade laptops and also (((gaming))) laptops, like the Razer Blade. I consider having a trackpoint one of the bare minimum features for a laptop to be usable. Do I want to use a thin laptop that looks like a MacBook clone? Not really, but if it has a TrackPoint, I can make myself do it.

this

Then you have a reason to want a clitmouse, even if it's a stupid one. Most people just aren't that bothered by having to move their hands off the keyboard.

w2c?

I demand the death penalty for manufacturing or selling laptops with glossy displays.

Why not get an X220T then? Guarantees an IPS panel. You can also just put an IPS panel in the X220, but you don't seem like the skilled type.

I disable the trackpad in the bios and use the TrackPoint exclusively on all my ThinkPads.

>Then you have a reason to want a clitmouse, even if it's a stupid one
yes, i already know that. that's why i offered it as a plus in this thread.