GO

Other urls found in this thread:

skarnet.org/software/s6-linux-init/
github.com/wingo/elogind
github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5755
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

systemd

WALL

Why would userland applications have dependencies and ties to particular init systems? This seems like a bad idea, no matter how you slice it. I'm mainly talking about DEs that don't even work without systemd.

systemd tbqh

Why don't you ask the developers of these DEs?

Sysvinit is the proper way to do init

sinit/openrc/sysvinit

We should make our own pid 1 and call it systemg

s6-linux-init
skarnet.org/software/s6-linux-init/

omg dude do you even know what you're talking about? systemd is literally nsa-tier you stupid normie...
might as well use windows. literally the only other reason to use linux is desktop customization ^_^ (and that's probably too hard for you xD)
I love my desktop computer and the customizations I make. I use the openbsd linux distribution.

Found the 13 y.o.

kys

they depend on the logind dbus interface for some security related stuff related to input devices on wayland
github.com/wingo/elogind

systemd is comfy, i don't care what you guys say
>nsa tier
it's fucking free software

>free software
Free as in speech?
Free as in free beer?
Free as in freedom to use as you please?

Sup Forums loves to play games with words on Sup Forums

runit

Windows 10 is also free as in gratis.
Now what.

how about free as in "free bear"

It's obvious I meant "free" as in "free speech", yet you cling on your anglocuck language's ambiguity to dishonestly distort the truth.

The source code is public. It is licensed under the GNU LGPL 2.1+. What else do you want?

Since it is free-as-in-free-speech software, if you don't like it, you are free do modify it. So stop complaining and do it. And if you're not capable of modifying it, use what those who can deliver to you.

Running void right now. IT'S SO COMFY

Someone to audit it, which literally no one ever has because Poetterings obfuscates the code so much.

Pötering's D

I'm just wild about systemd. Give it a try.

How often do you actually read code? Sure, systemd's is not the cleanest, but take a look at Dolphin emulator's repo. I guarantee you will cry.

openRC

hi lennart! don't forget to tag your 0days as not-a-bug, right?

>>I use the openbsd linux distribution
I now it is bait, but

Definitely the most out of all the rolling release

> google is compiled into your operating system.

> The "Switching to fallback DNS server 8.8.8.8." message indicates that you have no DNS servers configured at all, in which case resolved will use compiled-in fallback servers because it tries hard to just work also if you have a locally misconfigured system

github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/5755

lmao stay cucked systemd fags.

Get a real distro.

t. void linux/devuan user

I want it to not default to googles dns servers for starters.

OpenRC

OpenRC is great, BSD init is also great

void confirmed comfy

who here xmonad?

see

bump the void

The line is commented by default. And guess what? It's a configuration file, you can easily change it even on an already installed system. I did.

/thread

Void is the heat. Just started using it this year with very few issues.

bretty good when you still want to bite

Software can be shitty and still free

Void and runit work well together. Replacing all Debian instances with Void. The World has become better.

fpbp

yea sure maybe sometime, after netrunner is usable

but not free as in lock

>We have to deal with two cases: either systemd itself has to create a certain user/group or some package provides a sysuser.d/foo.conf file that depends on the systemd sysuser hook.

>We can either put for all these packages "systemd" to their runtime depenency or be honest and put systemd into "base" group and expect it to be installed on every Arch system.
I'm for the 2nd choice to put it into base group because we officially don't support any other init system and truely depend more and more on systemd functions. I guess it would still allow
to have users use a different init system of their choice as long as it is allowed to be installed along systemd.

unironically this

>comparing a critical part of the system with an emulator

>Tried Void
>Enjoyed it, alot
>Afraid to install it because systemd is becoming the standard and I rely on things like PulseAudio

nah, hes just canadian.

wrote a poem for you guys.

> systemd
> hard depends on glibc
> systemd
> networkd gives root to me
> systemd
> prepend a zero for a master key
> systemd
> udev is us now; break system-"vee"
> systemd
> fuck embedded, it's not two thousand three!
> systemd
> container management at low PIDs
> systemd
> we will bring uniformity
> systemd
> systemd.

sysv I guess until something better comes along.

I've audited systemd code.
CTRL+F "NSA backdoor". 0 results found.
CTRL+F "CIA niggers". 0 results found.
CTRL+F "botnet". 0 results found.

It's allright, guys. systemd is legit.

void is literally the most underrated linux distro out there. just make a panel widget that starts alsamixer in terminal and you're set.