Perfect desktop environment dosent exi-

>perfect desktop environment dosent exi-

God I miss when operating systems didn't suck dick.

windows 10 looks better though

still waiting for a decent winxp theme for xfce

fucking kek

is this your current os

xp does suck the dick tho

get the fuck outta here kid

comfiest theme coming through

ew

You and me too buddy

Absolutely Disgusting

>ultrawide 1080pshit

>being a vertical spacelet
lmao

4:3 mustard race

>There are people who legitimately miss the days without a search bar in the start menu

Nostalgiafags, every one of you.

*horizontal
lol i dumb

>Someone doesn't agree with you
>"Hurr durr street shitter"
Every time.

OSX can look beautiful with the right theming/wallpapers, but what you've got going on there looks like trash.

UwU

See

anime website

do not reply to her posts

Says the guy who probably uses some boring "beautiful nature" wallpaper or some "hip and cool" vaporwave shit.

Fuckin' weebs gotta inject anime into everything they do

too much white for my eyes

ok

Every post in this thread before this one is retarded.

Here's a pape I've been using for quite a while

lol

still using it as a daily

ur right user i'm now enlighterned

>Open Start Menu
>Click Run
>Type in the program you need to run
>Click OK or hit Enter
There you go.

for millions of years in millions of homes
a man loved a woman, a child it was born

Give me that wallpaper please

wtf is a desktop enviroment

test post

test

I always liked this.
Good times; seems so long ago now

this
win7 aero is the best looking desktop ever without a doubt
shame we can't have it in win10

make more test posts please

aero looks like poop

Why they don't?
They do.

>having no taste at all
I couldn't even imagine wanting to live like that

test post

you fucking cucks talk shit about windows again I will muder thousands of children in India with defective vaccines (again)

The survivors will be hired in the call center as they proved their superiority.
It was slow and pain in the ass. My grandma still use it and it's just pain to see how shitty was the xp.

>install fresh windows xp
>connect your modem
>become a botnet within seconds
I hope you got a firewall installed and disabled telnet too, otherwise welcome to the botnet friendo.

ahhh, the windows xp nostalgia by people who are too young to know that it took microsoft 2 service packs to make xp nearly as stable as win2k already was.

don't stop...

>windows 2000
>stable
You had to pay for that stability, in sitting through four loading screens that each took about the same time to complete as the first Ice Age took to thaw.

it's just a question of what botnet you want to belong to. I'd rather belong to Ivan kosnenkorvowitzes botnet than microjews.
>implying you aren't part of the amazon botnet if you download u*untu

Install aeroglass. It looks better than 7 imo because no gigantic borders

I love you

Kek

> confusing PIII machines at 700 MHZ and 256 MB RAM with P4s running at 3 GHZ with 4 GB RAM

Why are yuo even on Sup Forums ..?

>aeroglass
>the software that may or may not come for your version of win10
>or if it comes it comes 6 months late
>no active development
no thanks

>P4s
>4 GB RAM
4 GB RAM wasn't even mainstream until like 2011
where do you even live

Fuck I wish I knew how to get the best out of My Briefcase when I used to use Win 95

>My Briefcase
what even was that?
just another folder like my documents?

how do you force GDI font rendering in firefox?

I think you were supposed to use it to sync between a laptop and a desktop on the same network iirc - kinda ahead of its time in a gimped-cloud storage kind of way almost.

you're all a bunch of niggers and nostalgiafags, w10 is the most /fa/ so far

XP and 7 were the absolute best. I installed 7 over XP with a heavy heart a few years back but now I refuse to upgrade it. Windows died after 7.

XP was the beginning bro, release Xp was fine, but then the minimum requirements exploded!

>Cant run on different distributions
>perfect
LOL, no.

XP was tolerable with a decent theme like the embedded one, but default Luna is fucking awful. I still prefer the 9x/NT 4.0 style as my favorite, I wasn't a fan of the gradients that existed in the default style of ME/2k. Aero is my least favorite Windows UI to date, I recall that nobody particularly liked it at the time but now it seems fashionable to like it again for some reason. 10 has great concepts in fluent design but they need to bring it all together in a consistent way, if they can manage to do that I would consider 10 one of the best looks.

basic bitch

It definitely is the most /fa/
>implying that's a good thing

you take that back kiddo

GNOME 2/Mate master race

XP was an absolute shitfest at launch. If modern Windows versions are "beta quality" at release then XP was pre-alpha, it was barely usable until SP3 and by then Vista had become decent thanks to better consumer hardware, better driver support, and SP1's release. Combined with other things such as XP beginning to fall out of favor with software developers/hardware manufacturers, and Vista's general greatly improved featureset over XP it made switching a no-brainer. The only people who seem to have such heavy nostalgia for XP are underageb& who never actually experienced the early days and still used XP through 2010+ for whatever reason.

EXIST!
YOU FUCKING DYSLEXIC!!!

>using 12h timeformat
just end it. please.

>2191 second to solve fucking Solitaire
how can one person be so shit at something

>Disciples 2
My nigga

Maybe tried to take poo in the loo in the break.

it may have not been popular, but it was still attainable

please let the jews at MicroS take over and release a Win7 style Win11.

>I recall that nobody particularly liked it at the time but now it seems fashionable to like it again for some reason
everyone I know liked aero
it's not fashion to like it
it's just super good looking
nothing comes near it

Please, for the love of decency, enable ClearText!

>star wars racer
IT'S A NEW LAP RECORD

4GB RAM with pentium 4 is like 64GB today
it's attainable but barely anyone has that much RAM at home

muh video editing rigs usually have that amount of ram

remember how i used to pimp out my xp laptop and show it off to my friends in middle school. this was my favourite theme. oh, the times.

I use to like it for a long time, but that's because I didn't know any other alternative, the idea of shitting icons all over you desktop and having them sully the desktop is pretty annoying, the names for the links/launchers are also inconsistent which means you have a fucked up set of launchers that look weird, a panel like in GNOME or Unity is superior because they are consistent, one-click, look great, easily scalable, and can be configured to save space by hiding, whilst the windows taskbar, can't.

besides, I'd bet a 3d desktop would be better, organize your launchers or some files in a grouped pattern, much like some kind of video game menu.

>3d desktop
>icon cubes instead of desktop icons with multiple sides with different launch settings
why didn't linux do this already?

/thread

I think it would be a bit more resource intensive, after all it would probably require some form of 3d acceleration if it's not done well.

and 3d acceleration means that you'll need drivers that can support it.

however if it's simple like you said with group launchers (I have the iOS app group in mind when talking about it) then it should be simple to implement, you do have some form of it in the 'activities' menu in GNOME and even more so in Unity's menu when you click Super

Perfect desktop environment for me gnome on Arch.

>Reply
how's the 7th grade faggot?

the last great OS, based XP

absolute fucking KEK

Typical LNT (linux neet trap) garbage.
inb4 "its not linux"
who gives a fuck it might as well be with your disgusting r9k-tier lofi hiphop pink/blue tiny keyboard striped leggings taste

>Gnome cancer
>Different looking titlebars on all three applications - different colors, thickness, buttons
>Wasting space on the left side with a dock when you could integrate that into the panel
>Top panel has a random application-specific menu on it, instead of having that menu on the actual application window
>Top panel is mostly empty space

The only best way is to disable ClearText

XP was what got Windows users used to the botnet.