/adn/

Obfuscating your browsing history is your moral duty.

What if ublock merges adnauseam? Will it take only one update to bring Google to its knees? Is Raymond Hill more powerful than the Bogdanoffs?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/2017.09.12-005701/http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-11/startling-anecdote-about-online-advertising-restoration-hardware
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-value
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I use INCOGNITO MODE so I don't even have a browsing history

you arent sticking it to the man with your passive-agressive ad blocker you disempowered cucks

adnauseam goes out of the way to download ads so I doubt gorhill wants anything to do with it

your history on their servers user

I don't know the man, but he is in the position to make Google sleep in the bed they made. Then maybe quickly sell out and retire.

Or just step up and be the champion of the people and teach advertisers a lesson

you don't have any idea what you're talking about

Can I install ad nauseam on vivaldi?

>t. sweating google drone

yea i mean i probably wouldn't want to use ublock then.

I don't want it clicking ads without me knowing and fucking with my reccomendations. next thing i know google will be showing dragon dildo videos in my youtube reccomends because i clicked on some dragon dildo Sup Forums ad

>not using youtube-dl

you dont see recommended ads either way

only FF, Chrome and Opera listed as supported, but you can probably make it work

Eh, I've got ublock for now, I'll wait for someone else to do the heavy lifting

youtube adjusts video recommendations based on ads you click.
yeah well I have shit to do other than type in terminal commands all day and use shitty buggy shit to try to watch youtube videos without googleshit

i'd enable it someone forked ublock to click the ads
fuck google

It's working...

archive.fo/2017.09.12-005701/http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-11/startling-anecdote-about-online-advertising-restoration-hardware

One wonders how long before all retailers - most of whom are notoriously strapped for revenues and profits courtesy of Amazon - and other "power users" of online advertising, do a similar back of the envelope analysis, and find that they, like RH, are getting a bang for only 2% of their buck? What will happen to online ad spending then? And what will happen to the online ad giants, if the vast majority of ad spending that justified their hundreds of bilions in market cap is exposed as "bloat"? As Friedman politely, yet sarcastically put it, "Googles market cap might go down"…

Yes, I use AdNauseam on Vivaldi exclusively for general web browsing and stuff. It uses the same base as Chromium, so use the steps they list for Chromium (download zip, unpack it into some directory, and load the unpacked extension, just like you would do on Chrome)

I don't see why he would.
The goal of the two projects are clearly not the same, so why not give people the choice and have both options?

>youtube-dl $URL
>enter commands all day
>vlc
>shitty buggy shit

Don't mind me I'm just here watching high quality youtube videos with no buffering and I'm not even feeding the beast. Enjoy your shitty webapps

Good news for me, thanks famalam.

humans have that tendency to gravitate towards a large cheque. I can see how he could offer Google not to merge such a PR for a little fiscal incentive.

Or just do it for the lulz, why not.

i run script for 2 weeks, i can go forever

why the fuck do you see ads on yootube?

How can i check value of a keyword?

No history since 2005 here and I don't use google services nor other social networks.

your history is on google's server, you dont worry

he clearly clicked the erase all collected data button*

>*we will keep it just in case you want to restore it but never show you again, pinky promise

Heres hoping the EU fucks Google in the ass again over the GDPR

>X is your moral duty
Self righteous American detected

it is though, defending your privacy is the good thing to do

>what if ublock merges with a service that doesn't block ads just hides them
???
why are you shills so absolutely retarded??

See I agree with you, shills are absolutely retarded.

>Obfuscating your browsing history
>by clicking on a bunch of ads
>which lets them exactly know which sites you visited
uhmm sweetie? not how it works

You are right, that is not how it works. They already know exactly which sites you visit. The clicks are for obfuscating the user profiling of your age, gender, race, job, interests, friends, relatives, etc

>They already know exactly which sites you visit
no

>obfuscating by clicking on every ad and filling every database with a tag that you were on certain page
Will you retards fuck off with your misinformation already?
also adnausea is something google would back. They have the ability to filter false clicks. Smaller ad companies DONT have this ability, therefore making google the only viable company to buy ads from.
Mix this fact in with the fact that google is blocking competitor ads in their new browser there ARE a monopoly now. Through backing adnauseum they area simply extinguishing the competition.

yeah they know

It doesnt download the ads, it just downloads the picture of the ad, which you can delete at any time.

Google analytics honey.

>also adnausea is something google would back.

that is why they removed it from the store, right

>Obfuscating your browsing history
By telling as many data-tracking agencies as possible exactly what pages you're on at all times?

but that's blocked

no, that would go completely against my beliefs

You can set the plugin to click ads randomly, maybe like only 10% of the time or even less. Tell me how they can filter these as false clicks?
Sure you might say, if you click random non-related ads (one clearly cant like everything) thats can be filtered as a click fraud. But do people really only search for the same stuff all over again?

>using chrome

If you dont use VPN your fucked in either way.

That's not talking about adnauseam, it's talking about site-owned bots. In other words, site owners sell ad space, then have bots click it to rake in ad revenue. It's a closed loop with no actual users anywhere.

In addition, the article talks about the whole industry overspending on ads and overestimating returns, regardless of tech-savvy users trying to hinder online profiling.

>Tell me how they can filter these as false clicks?

they can't

>need to have the URL first

Today, I will remind them

>he has never heard of rss

Fucking chrome, I never see something so shit. We need a new browser altogether and not some botnet shit that won't let you use addons they don't want.

that's a cute botnet

an ai monitors your clicks and can see the constant value that you set.
Theyd also filter it by you being random. The same person isnt going to click on hair and car ads

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-value

if they show an ad for you, that means they think it will be relevant to you

nice story bro,but this wont work if every variable in script is random with range up to 2 minutes. consider also that they have to test all traffic from IP, there are thousands of users under one IP and thousands of requests per minute, you cant detect me faggit

You're noise. They can and will filter your clicks.

my noise is less than 1% compared to other IPs, thats literally nothing

Prove it, they can't prove it if I have it set to sometimes

random ad clicking, regardless of your random model, is not normal human behavior. google has a model of normal human behavior built from billions of observations. to fool google you have to generate behavior like a *random human*

i search for car insurance, get 7 car insurance ads, click random 3 of them, whats sa not human about this?

k den

bump