Tonight Apple changes the world again

Sup Forums will hate it

>technology in new Iphones is always 2 years ahead of current flagships

>meanwhile all the normals and stacies and Chads will have a superior phone to your stupid ass

>stacie will ONLY use its' God tier processor to upload naked selfies faster to Chad

ALL OF THIS WHILE YOU BROWSE Sup Forums 9A FUCKIN TECH BOARD) ON YOUR FUCKIN XIAOMI , CHAD IS FUCKING YOUR SISTER, AND THEY ALL USE IPHONES THAT DESTROY YOUR PHONE.

YOU LOSE ON BOTH ENDS (SOCIAL AND TECHNOLOGICAL)

------------------------NYS--------------------

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_high-definition_smartphone_displays
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_ID
medium.com/netflix-techblog/testing-netflix-on-android-78e5f71b89ab
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That looks sexy as fuck.

>iOS only got native file browsing in 2017
>apple is actually always 3 to 10 years behind all other manufacturers

that's one seriously tryhard attempt to grind Sup Forums's gears.
2/10 too obvious

That looks awful. Is the screen broken?

women dont even respond anymore to green bubbles

green bubbles = no disposable income

If I were normie. I would definitely use iphone.

fake it till you make it. Iphone alone makes you 26% normal

They do if their author is not a faggot. But I guess that you'll never experience that feeling in your lifetime

you can't fake it if you are ugly as hell. There is no point of having iphone right know. I can't even take a selfie.

I can't understand if people saying the iPhone X looks bad are just memeing or are being serious. How much of a mindless hater you need to be to think this looks bad?

don't you see the cancer on the top of the screen?

Do people send SMS where you live? It's all Snapchat and FB Messenger where I live.

No one needs more than that processor
The only people who care about the processor on phones are the children who play games on them, I have a 2015 phone (zenfone 2) that will be about half a second slower to boot up whatever app than that piece of jewelry
You're a child with a budget, don't get so ahead of yourself

$1000 for iOS device, clearly changes the world.

$1000 for a 10/10 social qualifier. a high end status symbol and pussy

instead you choose a $500 Xiaomi shitter that scares women and Trump supporter

central europe here, everybody uses whatsapp and telegram and couldn't care less about the green bubble memes.
>doing it for free

at least i do it for free...your pimp will make you fuck 7 men a day for him to afford the new fruit phone

>stacie will ONLY use its' God tier processor to upload naked selfies faster to Chad
At least you admit it.

Are the shill money even enough for a 12yo? How much time do you need to shill something in order to get yourself that new alienware laptop?

>$500
my xiaomi redmi note 2 cost me $150 and it can do everything that the iphone can just as good

I might buy it if it has a high refresh rate panel. Doubt it though.

Also expensive phones don't get you pussy, you need the whole package.

Android users are going to be on suicide watch when the apple launch event ends. I'm calling it right here.

Android
BTFO
T
F
O

Apple's marketshare wll reach 20%. Mark my words. :^)

this

i can even break it just to flex in front of the normies and buy another one

>iphones still can't play webms

it's really easy to make claims like these if you're anonymous. when AAPL goes up, Sup Forums has a week-long shitstorm trying to either bitch about each feature or painstakingly prove that the feature has been done elsewhere, you get to quietly disappear.

why would a normal need to view a webm? they are only on this site.

DO NOT IMPLY A NORMAL OR A CHAD USES Sup Forums

it sounds like you're saying that if you're the sort of loser who browses Sup Forums on the go, you shouldn't get an iPhone.

that sounds like a totally reasonable litmus test.

>3GB of ram

how are they allowed to get away with this lmnao

because iOS seems to require a lot less RAM than android.

When will the event start? In how many hours?

10am pacific time, which is in 7 hours and ~45 minutes.

the real question is when orders will go live.

Because it has high speed flash it can dump memory to.

>apple is always 2 years ahead
Name one time they've been ahead since the multitouch touchscreen.

cool. good to know. i guess that's his question answered

high pixel density displays?
robust, reliable, ubiquitous biometric authentication?

>Tonight

Smells like kikes.

You're right but it will still work anyway.

Retina displays. I still have a screenshot of all the people on Sup Forums who were around when Apple announced it. They were literally so fucking stupid that they couldn't wrap their heads around vector scaling or the sharpness advantages. It's still fucking hilarious.

Why cant they make the screen cover the top too, it should be easy for Apple

>high density display
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_high-definition_smartphone_displays
iPhone 7 has a lower pixel density in 2016 than the Acer CloudMobile had in 2012.
>biometrics
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touch_ID
"The first mobile phone with a fingerprint scanner was the Toshiba G500 and G900 in 2007."

They're saving that for next year's iPhone Xs

they needed a place to put the camera and some other stuff. other companies have come up with their own solutions (like putting the camera at the bottom), but it has problems.

The fact that the screen isn't square really triggers my autism

marketshare is not a releavant metrics
its all about profits

>Canaccord’s last report showed that Apple and Samsung had 106% of profits combined, with Apple collecting 65% and Samsung only 21%. The numbers aren’t much different this

Curious about that screenshot.

>that math
>muh profits muhfugga
found OP, tactical macacao inbound

i was careful to say "high density display", not high resolution. the iPhone 4 came out in 2010. it also represented a consistent way of dealing with high pixel density displays, first by conforming to a single standard of doubling the pixel density of conventional displays (none of this floating point crap) and second by scaling at integral values (which you could only do if you only allowed displays to double in density and do nothing else).

also, 2012 was brutal if you were an android developer. see pic and story: medium.com/netflix-techblog/testing-netflix-on-android-78e5f71b89ab

testing for the woefully fragmented android line and checking for all of the different mismatching screen sizes and pixel densities meant testing like this on a near continuous basis.

as for biometrics, i could've sworn i had all these adjectives in my post. did they get dropped?

lemme go find it. i don't organize my images properly

If apple creates the first bezelless phone I might give it a chance

Androids hardon for empty bottom bezels PLUS software buttons recently is an abomination

Actual industrial designer here (as if that actually makes my opinion more valuable).
I think it just looks okay from what I've seen so far. The UI is a big part of the look of a phone so I'll have to see how they deal with the camera cutout and the home button tomorrow. If the sections next to the camera cutout are just black with the time and signal strength indicator then I think they did a pretty good job. The way Essential did it looks retarded imo and Apples version has the potential to be more nicely integrated into the UI. Minimal bezels is the way phone design is moving and what to do with the front camera and sensors is an important problem to solve. Apple's solution seems to be the best so far.
I think it would look a lot better if the corners of the screen were less rounded as well but I wouldn't expect apple to change that aspect of the design too much. The vertical camera on the back is uglier than the horizontal version, my guess is they had to do that to accommodate the extra front cameras. Even with the minimal bezels, we're now at 4 years with an essentially unchanged body shape, which is getting extremely boring.

So what you're saying is, Apple takes tech that other people worked on first and claims they made it better somehow, even though they are--at best--matching tech that is almost a decade old?

no. i'm not sure where you went off the rails so i'll just suggest that you read my post more carefully and try again.

I find it hilarious when my iphonefag friends talk about iphones. They become very feminine, and talk about them as if they were a bitch talking about her new purse.

Iphones are for sluts, gays, and brainlets.

Why would i want a file browser in a phone?

You claimed that Apple's high-density display is better than a display from 2012 that is, in fact, higher-density than it, and that the biometric system in Apple's iPhone is somehow more secure than a biometric system developed in 2007 (spoiler alert, fingerprints are inherently vulnerable to replay attacks and no fingerprint sensor is secure).

>why would I want to use my files on my phone with an interface that is unified across the phone
You're the iPhone user, this should be obvious to you

anyone already pre ordered an iphone?
i know no one knows the day when pre orders will open but at which time the preoders open?
what is the best way to go?

>biometric auth
>allowing apple to store your fingerprint in their servers

>>technology in new Iphones is always 2 years ahead of current flagships
ayy nice satire

What's the best file browser for android? (preferably free and no ads).

asus file manager

i think i said ubiquitous as well, didn't i?

making these features usable and reasonably reliable at the volume of use that they see is nontrivial. if you're only going to give credit to the groups that conceptually accomplish these things, and you're not interested in being able to turn it into a product people can (and indeed want to) use, then why are you even referencing Acer and others? you should be pointing to academic research institutions as the real forerunners. they're the ones inventing all of this shit.

if you think Acer deserves specifically more credit for bringing a high resolution panel to market, then presumably you do care about how successful the execution is. in that case, making it usable and reliable at scale *does* matter.

if your argument is that these are trivial additions, then why the hell is apple so good at this satisficing process while others seem to be so hit or miss? are samsung, google, microsoft, etc... suffering from some kind of blind spot where they can do complex stuff but can't seem to handle a trivial thing like come up with a reasonable way to handle display scaling?

Apparently it has ads, but thanks Ill give it a try.

PLEASE DONT MAKE CUTOUTS BE A THING IN 2018

PLEASE NO

0.50 Shillings have been added to your account

MiXplorer

lol okay

root your device, install lucky patcher to turn off google ads and 3rd party
enjoy!
also use adguard's dns on your router to block ads on all devices connected to it.

>iFags need "money" to pick up girls

>Robust, reliable
KEK
Brb gonna try bend my Samsung S8

>10/10 social qualifier.
because the very first thing you are going to be asked when introduced to anyone is about your phone...
>a high end status symbol
90% of the iphones in the US are financed. Having the phone itself makes you a drone not 'high class'
>and pussy
So you are fucking your phone now?

The claim was not that Apple is worse at implementation, the claim was that Apple is constantly several years behind the cutting edge. As we have seen, they are. The latest and newest technology is rough and unrefined, so it makes sense; Apple's business model depends on people who haven't got the patience to look up actual numbers on their products, so they absolutely need to make sure they can implement something smoothly before they can even think about rolling it out.

do you guys have reading disabilities or something? do you understand that adjectives modify nouns?

>responding to incredibly obvious trolls
Why do you do this?

You could've said "robust and reliable ubiquitous biometric authentication"
Not my fault your grammar is too shitty to properly understand at a glance

the cutting edge to me includes delivering something that there's a real chance i'll use. it's not as interesting to me if a company decides to launch an abortive product that has a feature they won't support and they know won't go anywhere just so they can claim "first" status.

we seem to be disagreeing about what constitutes being at the cutting edge, but i don't know where you are on a range from strict to loose interpretation. by the strict interpretation, none of these companies is at the cutting edge, because everything from battery to display technology starts in labs — often university labs. this is years or sometimes decades before the technology is even vaguely ready to be made into a marketable product, but if you really only care about the cutting edge in the sense that the technology was first created there, then that's where you should be paying attention.

I've honestly had use for this with my iPhone .

those were three adjectives, and i use an oxford comma. i don't see how you could reasonably interpret the first two words to be totally independent thoughts from the rest of the sentence unless you took special liberties with how you read the post.

just acknowledge that you misread. what could you possibly think you stand to gain from being obstinate here?

Nothing. I just want you to feel bad for pretty much shitting up Sup Forums with your cuck threads

that hasn't happened. the only feeling i have is pity for someone who had fumbled reading two sentences and then got defensive about it.

Northeast US here. Literally all sms

android nerds on suicide watch lagging away endlessly bootlooping in to oblivion

maybe if they lurk xdaforums more they will find a nice indian rom that enables their laggy pieces of shit to cram out thirty more minutes of additional battery time

i pity you faggots

do you know anything about the phone? no? then shut the fuck up please.

Fuck I'm so glad ponyshit died out.

>America
Snapchat, messenger
>Rest of the world
Snapchat, WhatsApp

whoever saved those images did us all a real favor. people on Sup Forums love talking out their asses but never take responsibility for how bad their assessments are, and it's hard to pinpoint any single thing to say "that is a thing Sup Forums is going to be embarrassingly wrong about in 5 years".

Nice try

>Using apple product unironically
It's a phone for niggers, how much is still not clear?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on non-square screens? Is the screen still square, but parts of it is just being hided?

lol okay

if it's OLED, it's actually curved. if it's LCD, then parts are being hidden.

>he doesn't have an iPhone

The resolution may be nice but their display units are complete shit and are prone to peeling

Artificially inflated benchmarks sure do mean it's much mre powerfull, despite being about 5 times slower in any normal apps. ;)