>999$ phone
>1080p display

>1080p
>No headphone jack
>No expandable storage
>12 mp camera

How will Apple ever recover?

It's not 1080p though

You literally don't need more than 720p for a phone.

Didn't they say it was the also super retina whatever, so it's not 1080p?

Lol

It's 1080p + a few extra pixels do they can use buzzwords.
Not even 1440p.

You can't see more than 30 FPS!!!1

BIONIC

The future of pricing has come at last
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> smackeroos

You're supposed to look at the Apple logo, not the display.

They literally made up that name to copy Samsung. They have Super AMOLED, so Apple needed a Super something too

>all these butthurt poorfags ITT
lmao stay mad andrones

Okay but that's not 1080p

In lots of money. They’ll still sell loads.

with animojis

I unironically hate uneducated general consumers obsession with muh numbers
>this phone has a 2K resolution!
>do you even know what that means
>no but it's more than 1080p
>it's also on a 5"screen and looks identical to a 720p display despite using over twice as much power to charge meaning you get even less battery life... and what's the benefit?
>... but it's more numbers

Apple has the best camera out of any phone. Expandable storage is slow. Enjoy your 69420p pentile screen that looks like shit and drains your battery

>looks identical
If you're a blind fuck, maybe. On Android you can lower the resolution and see for yourself how much worse everything becomes.

>expandable storage is slow
Have you ever used expandable storage?

Fair point about the camera though, Samsung can't top that.

i heard rumors it would have high refresh display like 144hz but obv not. total ripoff

$199*

* With a two year contract.

You literally can't tell the difference unless you're holding your phone less than 6" from your face. And in actual, real world applications, any difference is irrelevant anyway. How often do you have your phone completely stationary looking at high resolution pictures and videos? Ever? Sorry, but personally I'd rather have a phone that prioritizes efficiency and practicality. You can keep your 4K phone with 32gb of storage that you have to charge twice a day, and I'll keep my phone that lasts 2 days on a charge, swap in a new battery if I need to, and store up to a terabyte of data on my sd card, even if that means I have to settle for 720p YouTube videos

That's why I hate people referencing that picture, contracts aren't really a thing anymore so people actually see the real phone prices.
AFAIK the 8 and 8+ would be $200 and $300 respectively and the X would probably be $500 or $550 on contract

Pentile too

It's gonna look like pixelated trash lol

>You literally can't tell the difference
I literally just did and I immediately notice it. How about you try that? The app is called NOMone Resolution Changer.

They recovered in 2014.

By selling it at 999

>I can tell the difference if I put the phone right in front of my nose and stare at zoomed in high resolution images!
Oh that totally justifies paying twice as much for a phone that does half as much

>if I put the phone right in front of my nose
Dude, just stop being so blind.
>high resolution images
Actually the most noticeable difference is in text rendering.

the fkin need 720p for?

you don't need anything higher than 480p.

>when your price tag can do $1440 but your screen can't

My 3 year old chinese phone has 2560x1440, higher than the iPhone X.
And it only costs a third too.

Third worlder here, Phone contracts dont exist in America anymore?

I have shit eyesight and don't wear glasses, yet I can tell the difference my 1080p and 1440p phone at normal vieweing distance.
If you can't tell the difference between 720p and the above you must blind

It's Super Retina

>$999
>phone

This. Also if you have a needlessly high-resolution display in a phone you need a more powerful GPU to drive it, which will result in poorer battery life.

Plus you get a Google botnet for free, what's not to love?

this