Now that Protonmail is banning accounts for violating their "rules", isn't encrypting emails and sucks...

Now that Protonmail is banning accounts for violating their "rules", isn't encrypting emails and sucks, what are some better alternatives?

Other urls found in this thread:

protonmail.com/blog/transparency-report/
protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/
moxie.org/blog/lavabit-critique/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_retention#Switzerland
prxbx.com/email/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just host your own faggot

This rumor is too easily being believed.

protonmail.com/blog/transparency-report/

That said, alternatives would be welcome for generally spreading the eggs over multiple baskets.

Kolab Now is good. Good terms of service and privacy policy, located in Switzerland, and runs entirely on free software.

How fast is it and does it have a mobile app?

>does it have a mobile app
???
It's called IMAP and SMTP.

Did you know that they have been routing all traffic through Mossad servers for almost two years now?

But does it? Proton has a mobile app and that's why I use it.

Yeah, it has hundreds. Use any normal email client and it'll work.

>Proton Technologies AG may also sometimes act upon other types of requests. If presented with overwhelming evidence that the account in question is being used for illegal purposes against our Terms and Conditions, we will shut down the offending account immediately.

According to your link pic related is "overwhelming evidence".

Protonmail admin clearly indicates it is for SJW users a.k.a. the virtue signalling blogosphere, if you aren't one of them, prepare to get banned for as simple as "hate speech" even if it entirely isn't.

>isn't encrypting emails
False.
They're "anti-nazi" like many other companies, but no need to lie.

ليلة الدخلة
ليلة الدخلة عرافية

Hahahhahaha sup Protonmail shill.

Why are you guys dodging the question? You didn't refute or explain it. I was trying to get a reply from you shills on your website and on protonmail's subreddit because you have a "official" representative there. Every time, you avoid answering it and you provide a link to some bullshit that's not answering the question.

> >isn't encrypting emails
> False.
> They're "anti-nazi" like many other companies, but no need to lie.

Wow you get an option to encrypt sent mails to other Protonmail users only. Fuck off. It should encrypt everything.

There's a mobile app but you can only use one account on it. There's support for desktop clients like Thunderbird but you have to pay Protonmail to use it.

Their encryption is end-to-end so they cant read messages which no other competitors offers. They've disabled one account out of 3 million so far for a group that rallied and ended up killing someone. To say that they no longer encrypt and will shut you down for SJW reasons based on these known facts is just trolling.

That woman died of a heart attack because she was morbidly obese, she wasn't run over by no car

Allu akbar

Why do the mods allow the same crappy threads to be posted every couple of hours. I don't get it?
We did this topic to death only a little while ago.

The shills gotta collect their shekels

Tutanota.

nice FUD

Absolutely false. kys

protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/protonmail-israel-radware/

>They've disabled one account ... for a group that rallied and ended up killing someone.
Wrong.

>for SJW reasons
They called the group behind that slogan ("You will not replace us") a hate group. That's kinda SJW-y.
They even said they could remove users if not doing so would hurt their image. That makes their virtue signalling on Twitter pretty obvious.

I'm not an anti-Protonmail shill, though. They're still a better option than most providers. But facts are facts.

Problem is they do not encrypt the email on the server.

K9 mail, or do you use an iPhone?

Server-side email encryption is largely a sham anyway:
moxie.org/blog/lavabit-critique/
Any time the server decides to start reading your email, they can. Your trust model is not changed at all by them encrypting your email.

>'Hospitalize people I don't agree with'
>REEEEEEEE SJW SJW SJW KEK KEK KEK!!!!!
See, this is why people laugh at you.

Yes, but it beats having the emails unencrypted. What are the minimum requirements to trust a service provider with your emails?

(Yes, Google / NSA can read them anyway, irrespective of the provider. I just want some basic privacy at least.)

server-side encryption is entirely irrelevant and emails were never conceived for confidentiality to begin with. 100% of your recipients' servers are unencrypted. you're lucky enough if the server-2-server transmission is encrypted (hopefully this has been almost universally implemented to prevent mitm)

>Yes, but it beats having the emails unencrypted.
Not when it's done through the server encrypting them for you. It makes no difference; you're still blindly trusting them. Basic privacy is achieved by a legally binding promise not to spy on you, and by you using actual end-to-end encryption.

>missing the point this hard

Also do you think a baker is required to make a cake for a gay couple if they request one?

>Yes, but it beats having the emails unencrypted.
No.

So you would recommend Kolab? Mailfence is also OK and cheap.

You have no point, how could anyone miss it?

Yes, Kolab Now is good. I recommend reading their terms of service and privacy policy and judging for yourself. With an email provider, that's the most important thing.

>Mailfence is also OK and cheap.
closed source, Fourteen Eyes

Any other services that you would recommend? I went through the The One Privacy Guy's list, and Kolab seemed best.

>You have no point, how could anyone miss it?

Do you think a baker must make a cake for a gay couple?

Search: StartPage or DuckDuckGo
IM: Signal or a good XMPP provider (you can also host your own)
In general, use self-hosted solutions like NextCloud as much as you can.

>I know I have no point but please answer my completely unrelated question
Goddamn you're a moron.

Thanks for the info currently I self-host NextCloud for cloud / webdav / caldav and got OpenSMTPD running (relay via ISP so not blacklisted, also DKIM, etc., set up).

Considering setting up SOGo or some other package. Support for some packages is just bit crappy on OpenBSD.

is Startmail good?

>Search: StartPage or DuckDuckGo
Qwant.
>IM: Signal or a good XMPP provider (you can also host your own)
Telegram, realistically speaking.
>NextCloud
if it's not physically at your disposal (i.e. remote VPS) it's largely indistinguishable from any other botnet. Just use the "cloud" as a commodity not as a backup solution, eventually encfs can be added on top of it easily.

>if it's not physically at your disposal (i.e. remote VPS) it's largely indistinguishable from any other botnet.
Very good point. The risk of a malicious VPS is just as serious as the risk with any other service provider. A home server is much safer, but unfortunately it's tough to do with email because you'll get blocked with a residential connection.

>Kolab
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_retention#Switzerland

prxbx.com/email/

>Wow you get an option to encrypt sent mails to other Protonmail users only. Fuck off. It should encrypt everything.
How do you think PGP encryption actually works dumbass? You can encrypt your e-mails to anyone - as long as you do one of two things:
You have their public key that you encrypt your e-mail with
or
You use Protonmail's "premium" feature where you can use pre-shared password to encrypt the e-mail (give it to them in person or over Signal or something, idk) and then your recipient can use that PSK to decrypt the e-mail you sent them regardless of whether they're using g-mail or outlook or yahoo or fucking their own server.

I feel like you actually don't understand how e-mail encryption works.

Classic NSA modus operandi. I've seen this pattern of trying to reduce trust in secure services before many times. Another such example is Tor - whenever it's mentioned on popular forums, there are always some recently registered users reminding everyone it's "compromised" and "run by the feds", despite zero evidence of either. The leaked NSA docs make it clear that they have made little progress on breaking Tor, if it's used securely - all known exploits require running Javascript, so they resort to pushing people towards other, less secure alternatives. I think the same is now happening with Protonmail, and Protonmail admins have unfortunately given NSA some ammo.

the reason why technology is such a shitshow nowadays, everyone

Yes it's laughable, especially when they bring up those morons who got caught on tor for using their real names online.

>Classic NSA modus operandi
>implying that any any business in Switzerland doesn't co-operate with XKEYSCORE, MARINA and UPPERCASE

this

could also be ProtonMail competitors spreading fake news in hopes of stealing some market share

For fucks sake I use protonmail for my important stuff.

What do you think about vmail?

>2017
>people STILL think "secure email" can ever exist

>do you think a baker is required to make a cake for a gay couple if they request one?
No, just like protonmail doesn't have to provide an email service to people who advocate violence.

NSA didn't point a gun and make Protonmail going SJW

>"Hospitalize people you don't agree with"
>Not hatespeech
lul

>doesn't have to provide an email service to people who advocate violence.
No private company has a legal obligation to provide anything to anyone. Not an argument to anything.

K
MAIL

YOU FUCKNUT

posteo.net

>Have dumbfuck friends
>Suffer the consequences
No sympathy from me desu.

Yeah, that's exactly my point.

>My point is not argument to anything.
Excellent

mods are removing posts ITT lad

why exactly shouldn't i just use thunderbird? it works fine and i'm not a sexual predator

I don't see the problem. All your shit is encrypted anyway and you can pay them by sending the money by mail if you want. If they have no idea who you are and can't decrypt your data, they can't hand anything over.

the guy publicly posted his email while he was bragging about selling guns and drugs

protonmail bans him cause it viotales TOS

and anons thinks this is bad

Why exactly do you fa/g/lings want encrypted email? I understand wanting to avoid Gmail, but what are you sending? Nudies? Super-secret plans? Nuclear codes?

Why do you care?

I use my email to verify my shopping and video game accounts, it CANNOT be compromised!

use bitmessage

>I literally think i'm important enough for my email security to matter

>Why do you care?
>Falling for the nothing to hide meme

Why don't you post some of your private emails here? Do you have something to hide?
Why allow anyone access to your shit who doesn't need it?

> All your shit is encrypted anyway
Server-side encryption is 100% irrelevant. You have to trust their words like any other guy, and they they will compel to any Court order coming from any 14-eyes-friendly country.
>they have no idea who you are and can't decrypt your data
It's 100% their own statement again on a server-side config about both their payment and mail storage methods. If it's not client-side it's always, invariably, useless rhetorical gimmick.

Word. Now is it true that Protonmail is cucked or is that false? I hate Google too and want to use something else.

t. cocklet google goober gobbler

There's a difference between private and encrypted, my affable negrance. I understand privacy, encryption is a step further though.

See above bruv. Don't get me wrong, I despise Google and their prying, but why do you need encryption? I'm not saying you don't, I'm just curious what your reason is.

>I understand privacy, encryption is a step further though.
>You can have online privacy without ecryption
>I understand privacy
Apparently you don't.

not an argument

Sure you have to trust them about the server side encryption, but they really have no reason to deceive you. Everything else doesn't matter then.
As for the payment, if you pay by mail they couldn't find out who you are if they wanted. No need to trust them there.

Do you feel more comfortable about some hacker's or NSA employee's prying than Google's?

>but they really have no reason to deceive you.
not an argument.
> Everything else doesn't matter then.
what matters is only what happens client-side. That's why services like protonmail,tutanota and the forgotten darkmail where crafted: sadly they ultimately fail as soon as they want to be interoperable with every other mail server out there.
Problem is, mail was never. meant. to be. private.
>As for the payment, if you pay by mail they couldn't find out who you are if they wanted.
no, there's always the creation of a code and the whole process "randomization" process is AGAIN 100% their own statement. Please note that anyway this "anonymization" involves just who payed for what. Not that [email protected] is located on server X, shelf #2.

>there's always the creation of a code
I still don't see how they'd know my identity from that?

>anti-Nazi

Literally everyone is a "Nazi" nowadays. It's used so broadly that it's laughable.

A pro-white group or website isn't automatically "Nazi".

it's a process they CLAIM they have invented, they CLAIM they apply consistently and that they CLAIM will make those payment almost anonymous (and then they tell you that if you pay with paypal you're anonymous for them already... all of this is yet another security circus if you're not using cash in mail)
at the end of it, all those CLAIMS don't mean jack shit when a Court order from a 14-eyes State arrives; they know that e mail address X is stored on server Y; they'll be able to decrypt everything on demand. They also have the ability to intercept and the like.

Stop trying to make this about gay marriage.

No, but the NSA definitely has the ability to break encryption m8. They don't advertise that shit, but their budget is in the unknown trillions. They know how to break it.

>the NSA definitely has the ability to break encryption
haha

You must be one of the stupid ones.

>pls explain math to me

Alright my man, keep laughing until one day a missile flies up your anus.

NSA can't break good crypto, not that they need to. They have all kind of backdoors and tampering already in place

This is also true. They don't need to decrypt the message. They just find the IP/Mac address and install keylogger. This is the least sophisticated option imo.

Reported everyone here for cp

use cock.li instead protonmail holds bias and doesnt respect the privacy of everyone

You deserve it, we told you never to trust those filthy kikes, yet still want to get raped by jews.

I don't understand where does this anti Protonmail shills come from and what's the point of it.

I mean, it's not like anyone wants you there, no one is begging you to use their service.

But hey, believe what you want.