>.
>5
>M
>M
>J
>A
>C
>k

Why is that a problem? You have something to hide, something that you want others not to hear? :)

Apple remove legacy ports.

Problem?

What if I wanted to listen to music without using a dongle, without encoding it into low bitrate lossy codec and sending it over a high latency Bluetooth connection, and I wanted to charge my phone at the same time?

You want to kill off the 3.5mm, then give us dual USB-C ports. Until then, fuck off.

>legacy ports

>Legacy port
>Deprecated by ???
Apple removed an industry standard port because they want to push their wireless garbage. Don't try to convince an iCultist though, they've spent thousands on inferior hardware and desperately try to justify it.

>industry standard
>fuckign 50 year old ports that fucking walkmans used

apple are the future stay in your vintage steampunk bullshit i want less of that plugging in shit and more touchless things

How come the charger still using legacy AC socket?

vad förväntade du dig? det är alltid såhär.

AC socket is industrial for houses and shit thats fine, but when it comes to things that you carry around you sdhouldnt have to use plug in shit it should be wireless of all that crap now, plugs will be next but dfirst you gotta start withthe devices

>apple are the future
>lagging 10 years behind

There's a reason it's survived for almost a century, user. It's rugged, cheap, universal, and extensible. Hell, it's capable of USB speeds if you implement it. And as an analog standard, it's only limited by your DAC.

Contrast with bluetooth: Insecure, battery intensive, and requires audio compression for basic media. Potentially unusable with high interference. You need to charge your headphones, which also makes them more vulnerable to water damage.

Bluetooth is OBJECTIVELY worse for listening to music.

Why? You keep saying "should", but you refuse to justify it. Why should I use an inferior standard? "Newer" isn't an argument or a quality.

I mean, my bluetooth aptX headphones are indistinguishable in quality from my old iems. If I'm at home, I'm using my SRH840s through actual hardware, not listening to music through whatever terrible DAC they use in cell phones these days, because they never use good DACs in cell phones. Bitching about audio quality out of a cell phone is ridiculous, like whining that a Big Mac isn't using Kobe beef. That's not what you paid for, that's not what you're going to get.

When I'm listening through my phone, I'm clearly mobile, hence why I'm using it in the first place. And losing the headphone cord was objectively better for listening to music.

I'm sure my use case isn't representative of 100% of the population, but neither is yours.

Okay, so if you admit there's pros and cons for both and different people use their phones in different ways, why the fuck would anyone defend removing the 3.5mm jack? It's not either-or, it's anti-consumer.

THIS

I dont want fucking studio quality sound from a jack in as long as I can hear my tunes and be somewhat relativiley aware of my surroundings and noise in case I need to protect my self then it's all good.

The jack is not needed in any way at all

They do, that's what the adapter is for.

I get that it adds an additional bit of hardware to the equation but it's not like they're shutting you out completely.

I'm not sure if you remember when phones used full size SD and miniSD cards. But there were massive savings internally by shrinking them down to allow more things to fit on the inside of phones. The relative gains by removing the headphone jack are just as significant because it buys them a ton more internal room to shift things around with. If that enables them to add better sensors, or new co-processors to offload tasks, and all it costs is that you have to keep track of this stupid dongle if you want to use your old phones, then so be it.

Hell, if Sony had released adapters allowing people to use old Dualshock 3s with the PS4, and gave them away for free with the purchase of a new PS4, they would have been lauded as consumer advocates of the highest order, even though they really want to switch to a new Dualshock 4 standard. But they don't do that, because Sony wants to do more with new hardware and guess what, so does Apple.

Transitions happen. They're not new, and Apple isn't the only one guilty of starting them. Yeah, it sucks, but this 3.5mm ragefest appears to be massively overblown by people who just want to be angry at an easy target, and by agencies who can get a lot of clicks and ad revenue by writing articles about how everyone at Apple is clearly some sort of monster for dropping a jack and giving people an adapter to make up for it.

It's a cable. There's an adapter. It comes in the box. Yes, it's annoying if you misplace it but it's honestly not that big a deal in the real world.

>lost adapter
>-100$
>its only $$$

so brave

>It's Apple's fault I can't remember where I place items with a high cost of replacement

So don't buy an iPhone then. There's plenty of alternatives out there that will be more accommodating of your use case.

>lost phone
>-1000$
>its only $$$