Be honest

Based on design. Which one looks better?

S8 simply because the earpiece and cameras don't overlap with the top of the screen

S8 looks more stylish with its symmetry.

And that's odd, because Apple phones used to have proper symmetry before.

S8 has
>No bezel

Both look awful. I mean the front is ok on both, it's just a screen but the back is egregious. More so on the iPhone. Where did the iPhone 5 design go? It was so great.

The S8 no contest.

iPhone 7 has now the best design

S8 is much less symmetrical. especially on the back Also the cameras and sensors are visible which interrupts the design. Worse materials also. SAMSUNG branding has always looked bad. Much less ergonomic especially when fingerprint scanner is taken into account.

In Steve's grave

S8. Both are garbage though.

Looks like cheap trash dude

The s8, iPhone looks cheaply made to me

Somehow they made an iPhone that looks worse than the fist one. Apple is just hack chink shit without Steve Jobs to blow smoke up people's asses.

the iphone x is so epic. any male woman like myself should get one

S8
Jesus Christ, Steve is wallowing in his grave.

You're a fucking retard if you think aesthetic features cost money in this day and age, and especially so in smartphones. The fact of the matter is that Sony managed to pack a flagship into a 4.5" phone with a reasonably good camera and excellent battery life. This is the picture of pragmatism, the model for what every smartphone should seek to achieve.

I'm just going to buy the note8

Yeah and it sold like shit. Cool story.

>Somehow
They did that every year since 5.

I'm kan ifag and I will say that I find the iPhone X absolutely hideous; and the name sucks just as bad as the design. iPhone 8 is cool though.

Are you literally retarded?
When folded horizontally and vertically the s8 is symmetrical where as the X is only symmetrical vertically. And even on the back the s8 is nearly vertically symmetrical whereas the X is not because the camera is on the far left instead of the middle
If this is bait, you truley got me user

And Nickelback sales well, so did WoW, and Apple. None of which are by any means good.

They both look terrible, and the one on the right looks like one of those Motorola garbage phones.

>only symmetrical vertically
It's time to get your eyes checked.

>sales well
Try again, Pajeet

The one that doen't look like a vegeta themed phone with nu male baldness, so the S8.

Let me help you out user...

Thanks you proved my point?

s8 looks better but CURVED SCREENS are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED

Honestly I don't like either. I hate these slim flimsy phones that feel like they'll break if a slight breeze brushes them.
I love Cat phones though, way better looking and actually comfortable.

>s8 much less symmetrical
>Less symmetrical
>pictures showing s8 having more ways of symmetry than X
user...

The notch looks okay... But it shouldn't block pictures and videos. There should be a way to keep the sides of the notch black at all times

This is so objective
>took one of promotion photos of S8
>took some shitty photo which is literally pixelated for iphone.
Also I think Samsung probably looks better but I would need some good photos to compare it.

did you notice how the left side of the video was always dark and obscured whenever they showed videos with the notch?

=?

What's the point of having the notch then?
I already thought that that android released a couple months ago by that ex android dev or whatever was ugly with the broken screen at the top, but holy shot apple has taken it one step further

S8 just because the colour gamma of the new iphone is fucking gay.

Essential Phone.

a fucking notch

You can still use it as a status bar, but it could fade to black in full screen. I'll have to see it in person before I can really decide though

wtf so fucking amateur

Essential is the best looking mobile

plebs all of you

which xperia is it?

Asians in general don't like symmetry as much as Westerners

Literally the worst design fuck up since HON

This

Apparently, you did not. Videos had the issue of the notch. It did not black out the entire side. See image.

the new aquaos crystal fucked up, i feel fucking bad for even thinking of sharp, they arent even japanese anymore mostly china bought them.

no, I mean the video itself was darker on the left side to make the notch less noticeable. A lot of the videos were silhouettes or dark mountains to hide the notch.

Design is more than just looks. Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave at the loss of the home button. Now you have 3 different gestures for opening, closing and switching between apps, and a facial recognition system that who the hell knows will be reliable. What an overengineered piece of poo.

Both are horrible.

This. But form a looks standpoint the front side of the samsung phone looks way better.

Samshit devices will always remind me of the feature phones I had as a kid.

And those things were garbage.

S8 looks better, sure, but it sacrifices function for form with that curved screen on the sides, which after using a demo for a few minutes was a real fucking bitch to avoid. I had to hold the phone like a retard to even use it properly.

S8, but Mi MIX beats both

why it's using android beam on the table?

S8 from the front, both are garbage from the back. Best rear face design is Nexus 6P style visor and rear center fingerprint sensor (props to Apple for fitting biometrics under the logo, but I prefer a small recess)

>S8
>BOZOLESS XDDDDDDD

>iPhone
>top-of-screen-less XDDDDDD

They're both utter shit. At least you can put a case on the S8 to kind of mitigate the problem (although ew, cases), so I'm going to have to go with that.

Fuck off big bezel bill

Why are the buttons at the bottom?
Gross.

s8 has project treble baked in and vulkan capable GPU

if you can unlock the bootloader and flash TWRP and lineage it will be a very nice phone

This.

Xperia Z5. Though I think that might be the Compact. Quality phone, either way.

this is the best designed phone in years prove me wrong (pro-tip you can't)

Whereas with the iPhone you don't have to do any of that.

This is what happens when you give your case designer a mockup without branding.

Why the fuck did they even bother with making the sides of the notch a screen?

Definitely the samsung.

Shame about android tho.

I hate both of them
The notch is cancer though