/mkg/ - Clickity Clack Edition

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

maxkeyboard.com/iso-layout-custom-color-cherry-mx-keycap-set-front-side-print-blank.html
massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-cubic
coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-pro-s/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is the thread randomly dying so much

We'd get like one thread per day just two months ago

People aren't posting consistently.

Looking to build a 75% ISO layout keyboard. What options are there? So far I have been looking at the XD84 and KBD75. Which one is better?

Amigo, I tried that and finally gave it up and just got a POK3R ISO. I really miss the physical arrow and other function keys since I use the arrows more than I thought and using two keys as one, hehe, it's not fair at all. But it's still a really good keyboard.

what made you give up?

probably being a pussy who's afraid to solder, or not wanting to pay the premium for iso keycaps

No experience with soldering (I'll change some switches on my meme razer orbweaver tho), high prices and hard to find all the pieces I need.
Maybe they are easy to find, but since I don't have any experience with building a keyboard, I thought I'd fuck it up somewhere. I also wanted some specific shit, like Spanish keycaps or at least blank keycaps, I don't want to press a key with a symbol and actually type another (I'm on nordic ISO right now and it triggers me, not that it interferes with my writting, but fuck it), RGayB, maybe the option to put a custom USB (I wanted to put USB C because of autism).

Exactly this. After I find more about this, I'll help a friend to get one for himself.

fair enough. i'm also afraid i wont be able to get the caps i need without breaking the bank.

i've soldered plenty of stuff though so that wont be a problem. and i figured building is half the fun.

If you want custom keycaps, I found a site, but I had to deal with where to put some keys and such and create a layout.

maxkeyboard.com/iso-layout-custom-color-cherry-mx-keycap-set-front-side-print-blank.html

There was another, but I frgot which one was it, sure it is on the wiki.

Varmilo's basically your only option if you want Spanish legends, they offer a heap of ISO layouts with their made to order program (DE, NOR, FRA, IT, ES, PT, HU and UK) but it's like 62 euros for a TKL set or 73 for fullsize and they only cover standard layouts so you'll have to get the 75%'s non-standard bottom row, right shift and right column keys elsewhere.

>tfw waiting for my new mechanical keyboard in the mail

I already ordered a Spanish set for the POK3R from mykeyboard.eu , I planned to buy there a gateron RED POK3R and the desold and sold in blue gateron, but it went out of stock and there wasn't any other on stock, so got a blue one with nordic kecaps. Spent a little more but hey, I'll be ending having two sets of keycaps.

Maybe I could have just go there and get one of these, but this is still a good choice for me.

>tfw waiting on TWO new mechanical keyboards in the mail

>tfw waiting for three
Well one is a numpad but still.

When are yours supposed to arrive?

FUCKING TODAY. Got a black and white KeyCool 71 coming in the mail, both with blue Gats.

Going to swap the keycaps between the boards on all the keys that were traditionally darker gray on the Model M.

FUCKING DECEMBER
So guess who the new "tfw waiting" meme spammer will be??

Tell me how the Gateron click switches are, the smooth stem and louder click seems like a good combo.

how many hands do you have user?

If you like 'em smooth and quiet, you like Gats, but they're a touch too wobbly for my tastes. I actually prefer Otemu blues (and Razer greens) because I like my switches loud and a bit stiff.

Me, because one is arriving in February and the other is arriving "after production" (it's an F77 so fuck knows when it will actually ship).

there's nothing wrong with rubber dome

u sure? I have a cheapo $5 monoprice adapter and it works just fine on my 89 model m

this

>hands
>not devices that need a keyboard

Mine is arriving on Saturday.
Spending some time looking up code syntax for it so I can brick it as soon as I get it attached to the computer.

thoughts on Ajazz AK33 ?

What is the absolute best keyboard I can get for typing? I average 140wpm and am on the computer up to 12 hours a day, rarely play games anymore though. I've had an old Razer Blackwidow for 4-5 years now and it still works well, just looking to upgrade to something better now. My priorities are responsivity and comfort while typing. Quiet keys would be nice too but they're not a requirement. Don't care about backlight or other useless gizmo. I'm from Europe and don't have a budget, what's the best I can get? Was thinking of a Leopold/Topre with Topre switches but asking here for others opinions.

shame you just missed the realforce104U silenced massdrop

Is the left control key on the realforce supposed to be wobbly??

yes its a feature

>tfw unicomp will never release a tenkeyless

I just want an SSK without having to pay $300 used.

Finally got to get a look at the boards with the keys swapped. Bretty gud.

Just get one from craigslist for 80 bucks

I live in a small town and the chances of finding something like an SSK on Craigslist here are extremely slim.

>Feb 2015
Tears in rain.

I really hated that layout though.

I live with a bunch of rural and suburban retards and some farmer gave me an SSK for free. He had it listing for a bunch of old keyboard. You shouldn't be looking exactly for a model m, since these people don't know its true worth

When you're waiting for your HHKB Pro 2 to come from Japan
; ~ ; hold me senpais

A handful of people win the lottery because millions of people play it, but that doesn't change the fact that it's a one in a million thing and each person is extremely unlikely to win.

No, you gay rubber dome user.

that's fucking terrible design

can we all agree that red switches are the best and if you disagree you probably have austism

can we all agree that no switch is the best and if you disagree you probably have austism

>t. razerfag

i don't use any razer products, my deathadder served me for 4.5 years though, it was a good product, i might have been lucky

i use a k70

I prefer linears, haven't tried reds but blacks are pretty comfy

when did razer use red switches?

New Keycaps arrived today

Why would you bother buying such shitty looking keycaps?

I need a second keyboard for reasons. Looking at a tada68 but I've never tried gateron switches before. I used to enjoy cherry browns before I got to try zeal switches which I like the most right now.

Could someone compare gateron browns and reds to cherry browns and zealios? Longevity is important.

You can buy the TADA68 with zealios if you're that much of a cuck.

>brother got his first real office job, wants to know what browns feel like
>let him borrow my board since i'm going to be out of town for a month
>he oils the switches with canola oil because he saw in a documentary that it's basically machine oil

Nice. Now it's going to be full of bacteria in no time and it's going to eat up the plastic.
Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe before i go to prison for murder.

TADA68 for the gaterons or ducky one tkl? Price is about the same.

He did you a favor, browns are for plebs

tada68 is a better keyboard, but if you want a TKL then Ducky is one of the best

I was thinking of switching to blacks anyways.

Gateron Brown is MX Brown but smoother and no "sand" inside.
Zealio is Gateron Brown but more significant bumps.
Red is boring all around.

Zealios are made by gaterons, with the big difference is they come prelubed. Cherry switches just suck in general

>Budget
Cap of $150 cheaper is better if diffrence in quality is not substantial.

>Location (continent at least)
U S A

>Preferred switch type
Quietest and soft.

>Layout
ANSI

>Form factor
110%
I fucking love programable hotkeys but 100% is fine too.

>Backlight
Mandatory.

>Previous/current keyboards
Pls no lynch.... Razer Lycosa it's now 6 years old and falling the fuck apart.

>Auxiliary info
I'm trying to make the switch to mechanical but I'm not sure it will work out because I really like low profile keys. Laptop keys basically :^/

Do you guys prefer a heavier key press or a lighter one?

Get a low profile mechanical keyboard then.

Browns and blacks? Someone has shit taste

Calm down he's a swede

massdrop.com/buy/tai-hao-cubic

these look cute

>ABS
not cute at all

>Tai-hao
>OEM height
And it's trash

lmao blue fags are the worst.

I'm so close to ordering a Planck.
Talk me out of it, Sup Forums

Greetings.

>Budget
Under $200 USD.
>Location (continent at least)
USA.
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Brown.
>Layout
Whatever works.
>Form factor
Tenkeyless
>Backlight
I want the RGB meme.
>Previous/current keyboards
CM Quickfire Stealth Brown.

I'll buy a new keyboard, then sell my current keyboard. I'm looking at:

coolermaster.com/peripheral/keyboards/masterkeys-pro-s/

Make your own fucking decisions you baby

Go fuck yourself with a rubber dome

With that kind of budget you can build a pretty nice custom keyboard. If not then get a varmilo va87

Get a Preonic instead

Everything you want is the opposite of merch keys. Quiet, soft, low profile? Rubber dome or scissor switch

I prefer heavier because I'm not a finglet

>that glare
Oh god.
Reminds me why i use a logitech g410
got one on the cheap in a sale.
Love it.
the lighting is amazing.
if you use it in the dark, it never is too bright, and aids vision not distracts it.

Except there are mechanical switches that have all that. Not everything mechanical goes clickity clack

>mines getting in tomorrow

tactile - light
linear - heavy

then you'll have no problem suggesting a keyboard that meets all
Requirements

What's your endgame keyboard, /mkg/?

Don't kill me for this, but try the omron/romer g switches.
They sold poorly so you can get logitech keyboards on the cheap on sales.
They are very quiet and soft.
If you need backlight for the glare and looks, this won't be the best choice.
But if you like accuracy, romer g is a good switch.
Sadly if you want to customize it, well, you are out of luck, noone makes accesories for these switches.

DAREU EK820 meets every requirement except 100%, they only make a TKL at the largest because fullsizes are such a small market.

I've heard they are mushi mushi

>accuracy
>double contacts for double chatter

switching from mx browns, they ain't that bad.
pretty good actually.
just don't press to heavily.
Switching from a memebrane they will feel more fammiliar.

To make a 1000 lumens RGB tkl with flame decals

by accuracy i meant accurate lighting.

An inexpensive programmable 1800 with a stainless steel plate

A 65% with an 1800-style gap between the main keys, arrow keys and the rightmost column

Any keyboard with PG1158 switches will do

You pretty much posted it, but one with colemak keycaps

what is a pg1158 switch?

Kailh Low Profile switches

I just put new GMK caps on my MX Clears
What are the chances of getting them off again without ripping the whole board apart?

You should have shaved the sliders first. Still, GMK sliders arent that tight anyway, main issue is with PBT sets.

A truly modern buckling spring keyboard

How the fuck do you fix snapped PBT stems?
What fucking glue even works on PBT?

just buy new ones

A Tada68