Is it still true?

>once Apple does it, everyone else starts to do it

In a year or less, we’ll see phones with specs that are on par/better than the iPhone X.

let's see if Samsung can copy Face ID properly within the next 8 months

Specs? No

It will take 5 years for anyone to make a phone with comparable specs

Yes. Processor probably a month before next iphone. Camera a month after this one is released. We still need 3dtouch and I have no idea why android phones hadn't done it.

Even if they don't do it first, once Apple does it, it becomes ubiquitous across the industry.

Expect to see wireless charging stations built into airports, lounge areas, public buildings, etc.

Face ID sounds like some dumb shit shit that apple is shoving down throats to seem innovative.

In reality, it just caters attention whores while helping nsa and itself destroy privacy for normalizing facial recognition and improving facial recognition software.

>wireless charging
>put phone on table
>iphones just charge outta nowhere
>some hacker 'tweaks' the chargeing station for giggles
>???
>exploding iphones everywhere (yeah, lithium is apparently an explosive so why not?)
>exploding iphones anywhere (someone managed to increase the throughput of the first exploit)

specs don't matter. I need a phone for $300 that's better in every conceivable way to an apple product and be able to rice and have access to file system for my pirated media.

>Face ID
Why though
>No more buttons
Why though
>All glass, all screen
All that says to me is that if I drop it one time, I just burned a grand
>Still no headphone jack
couldn't even take a shot at redemption
>"Wireless" charging
this isn't new, and they are late to the party, I don't understand why this is a big deal
>Warranty won't cover liquid damage, but wont say it is or isn't waterproof
Only up too a meter as they put it is absolutely laughable

Actually, Apple as a whole is laughable now. Seriously, why even stay committed?
>"It's minimalist/simplicity is hard to abandoned for something new"
Kill yourself

inb4 Samsung removes the headphone jack from the S9 and adds in face ID for the Note 9/S10

IF apple put proper protection circuitry in place this shouldn't be an issue. However apple probably implemented some sort of DRM for their wireless charges so you have to get the apple ones.

You mean Face Unlock that was released with Android 4.0 back in 2012?

X is such a dated name
they missed the boat by a good 15 years

>half-assed Pajeetware that gets fooled by a simple photograph is equivalent to Face ID
Sad, even by the typically farcical standards of Android security

Post proof.

>comparing an early 2012 feature to the current 2017 one
>missing the point about apple being behind once again and charging you double for it

You mean that one which still isn't secure on android today?

Prove it with a modern phone, works on my Nexus 6p. Enjoy spending $1000+ for a feature even the shittiest Androids have had for 5 years hahahaha

>Bezelless display
No, it was the Essential phone who did that first
>Lack of a physical home button
No, thats been a staple of android for years (shame)
>Camera
I mean its an upgrade from the iphone 7, but again thats nothing new. Making your camera better is an expectation
>FaceID
I still dont see how its that different from the fingerprint reader. Possibly a lot worse if the camera struggles under low light, or no light, conditions
>better specs
As with camera, upgrading specs is par for the course. I still dont understand what people are using their phones for that demands 8gb of ram, but yeh its nothing new

Almost every android phone could do it, but nobody cares, it's not particularly useful.

Pretty sure it was Sharp who did the bezelless meme first

So, when we're getting iphone starforce 2: Zerker x ninja?

Oh I apologise, so they dont even get the runner up prize for innovation

The Note 7 (rip) had iris scanning, functionally the same but you're not sending facial recognition data to the government. The Galaxy S8 and Note 8 both have it now.

>not using a 3d printer to print your target's head in the first place

>IR
It also analyzes heat in addition to building a 3D representation. So you'd need to 3D capillaries with hot fluid in the same pattern.

>you're not sending facial recognition data to the government
FaceID is all done on the device using a "neural network" (aka fancy GPU)

I hate apple too but at least get your stories straight

If they do that I hope Apple sues them and actually wins this time. Innovate, don't copy.

Honestly this is the penultimate phone design. There's nothing else that could be done to improve it but get rid of the notch. The face unlock was vital to being able to use an all screen phone comfortably. They made it small like it should be so you can actually use the screen, the design is pretty much locked in at this point. Once they get rid of the notch it will be perfect.

all face ID is just a shrunk down kinect shoved in there to detect depth properly.

What I thought was interesting was the image stabilization, but it is a shame that it is only available (on both lenses) for the X model.

Are retards really going to pay $1k so they can hold up their phones to their face to unlock it? Fingerprint seems much more convenient if you don't care about botnet.

Wireless charging has existed for years though.

>implying facial recognition isn't the next stage of the botnet
They already have all our fingerprints, it's only natural to move on to the next biometric data treasure trove.

But why would people pay for this? Verge ran a headline that said the X was the future of smartphones, but the only new feature is a face scan. Boggles the mind.

Verge is literally shill central. People will pay for it because vendor lock-in.

everyone knows verge sucks apples cock.

Apple takes a concept already executed by its competitors, polishes it up a bit more and suddenly its claimed to be "game changing"

It's pretty terrible.

>vendor lock-in
I'd just wait for the next one.

>Applegays break-dancing around counters
I fucking hate this board, I've never seen a group of people as shitty as Apple users. Fanatically aggressive, blindly loyal, breaks their neck to put it up their own ass when someone makes a point.

who thinks of this shit?
reported to fbi
enjoy ur van, nerd

But I'm indisputably correct, you rectum-ravaged nitwit. There are videos of the Galaxy S8 and Note 8 being unlocked by literal fucking selfies, and bypassing their iris scanner requires no more than a camera, 30 seconds in photoshop, and a cheap colour printer. A simple Google search could have told you that.
What kind of cuck would unironically use such shit to secure their data?

>P-PAJEET!!! PAJEEET INDIAN POOOO POOO IN LOOOOOOOO AHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA

Oppose all change, amirite?

my stupid tablet has facial recognition and it works almost all the time. I'm not sure the details of how it works, but it isn't bad.

>once Apple does it, everyone else starts to do it

Yes, Samsung and Google will be selling phones for $1000 next year.

Quality doesn't come cheap, my Goy!

>secure

Yeah, because I'm sure all the retards getting iPhones need such strict security. There are people going around with photos of me stealing my phone. This is the stupidest argument ever.

Nobody's stealing the eighty bucks from your checking account, Bradley.

>their data

What the fuck is on your phone that needs securing like this? And why are you not in possession of your phone when they're [spoiler]I bet you would call it "hacking"[/spoiler] into it?

they were actually considering that
i believe they went with the standard though

It'll become widespread like the fingerprint sensor and dual front cameras when chinese companies starts implementing it and soon companies will have access to millions of face data to train AI on.

>done on the device
After it reaches android, the trove of facial data would be made available on some credit rating company's unpatched apache server.

HA HA HA

Pretty much all android phones have a digitizer capable of doing pressure-sensitive input.

Its not a particularly useful feature

I hate apple as much as the next guy, but as a CPA in a world filled with iPhone users its much easier to just assimilate

>Verge ran a headline that said the X was the future of smartphones
>verge sucked steve jobs skeleton cock
go back to /r/eddit

I can't imagine Samsung will care about shelling out money to cram in all of the sensors that Apple did to make a comparable FaceID competitor.

You're missing the point. Once Apple unveils something on their end, it becomes much more ubiquitous. No one fucking cares who did what first. Except for Android fanboys (not calling You one) that like to scream APPLE DIDN'T DO IT FIRST.

S U P E R
R E T I N A
D I S P L A Y

>Oh no our revolutionary three core processor can't handle qhd?
>guess we won't have qhd then

>S U P E R
>R E T I N A
>D I S P L A Y
mfw when i wanted Hyper but only got Super

That's some minority report level shit right here.