How would (You) fix it?

how would (You) fix it?

I wouldn't do anything, it's perfect already

This and I would have upgraded from 7. I am far too autistic to ignore that stupid fucking notch. It's all I see.

Why does Sup Forums suddenly give a shit about the new iphone
That is at least a dozen of threads about it right now

The notch thing is retarded and I feel like some of their new features are going to have to be patched like hell in the first few months (particularly FaceID) but otherwise it's a decent phone.

Seriously? It's perfect as it is.

>buying a smartphone
Enjoy your surviellance

paid apple shills come in here every night.

Oh yeah, I hate Sup Forums now...

>living in modern society
enjoy your surveillance

>living in modern society

you owe me 3 minutes

Jailbreak. Apart from that it is a pretty neat device.

With a hammer

>get rid of the screen tumor
>no pointless gimmicks and no overpowered hardware so it can be cheaper

>fingerprint sensor under apple logo (if it was possible for the nexus 6p to make a square sensor into a circle, it's probably possible for Apple to make a square sensor into an apple)
>virtual button like android
>hide widow's peak when possible but give things like videos and gayms the whole screen
>USB C
>I wouldn't side line it to muh 7s

remove that fucking GIANT BEZEL at the top blocking shit.

>tfw a random Sup Forums nerd can do a better job at designing a phone than multi millionaire Apple designers.

well yeah the notch sucks.

des next year's Xs will probably removes it and they'll probably make the apple logo a finger id scanner.

tl;dr wait for next year's Xs.

This looks ugly.
I understand why they wouldn't do that.
Samsung did the symmetry right.

10/10 already.
make a 128gb version ...no 64.

Remove apple logo. Remove screen. Call it iSteve Echo

LMFAO that really is the dumbest shit ever

Fingerprint reader.

Face recognition is slow and clunky. It even failed during the presentation.

This. It can all be fixed with software just make the status bar always black so it doesn't pop out so much.

no

dont wait

get a fucking samsung.

screen on the back like the russian phones

They will never make the apple logo a fingerprint scanner. They'll put a circular scanner under the logo before they'd ever consider putting it in the logo.

My bet is they put the scanner under the screen next year and if the tech isn't good enough yet it will just be face unlock again. Face unlock will have to be a total disaster for them to ever put a scanner on the back though.

why have bezels around the screen when you could have them COVERING the screen? genius.

The screen to body ratio is nice but those bezels are way too big.

Move the battery, wifi, etc to the black area on top of the phone.

i would throw it out and buy an iphone 5s or 6

>They will never make the apple logo a fingerprint scanner.
I really don't understand what goes on in the tiny shallow mind of Jony Ive that he'd have problem doing all sorts of bad design ideas but rejects the idea of putting a fingerprint scanner an aesthetically pleasing spot just because muh logo

Seriously with that ego I'm surprised the iPhone doesn't have front logos like Samsung or LG

FULL FUCKING SCREEN NO NO CAMERAS NO NOTCH

SCREEN ON BACK WITH THE GOOD CAMERA CUTOUT FOR SELFIE WHORES

HEADPHONE JACK AND 32/192 SABRE CODEC

APT-X AND LDAC SUPPORT

256GB AND 512GB OPTIONS MAXING OUT AT A $1000

EASY. FIXED.

Same. The little shit like that annoys the crap outta me

>OMG THIS

Why didnt they just go for 2 back to back oled screens ?

- they didnt have to be both on at once

I'd have the front camera pop up when you select the front camera and the ear speaker (idk what they call those things) pop up out of the top of the phone when you get a phone call or make one and then just remove the stupid notch.

You never used one. You can't know this. You're just shilling.

Lighting port, and a camera dongle

I don't think the US government will allow Apple to release a phone without front cam ever. Resisting surveillance is literally treason.

That notch is retarded. I could understand if it was a little tab for the camera, but it takes up 3/4 of the top of the screen. Defeats the purpose of edge to edge screen. If they were going to do this they should've just put the camera on the bottom like this chinkphone released last year.

did it in paint

I'd make it so the usable "safe space" was actually higher than the 4.7" phone

Tim Cook pls go

Remove the notch, remove rounded corners, add headphone jack, remove iOS.

When Apple finally remove the notch down the road in a new iPhone. It will be the greatest innovation in mobile telephony. Invisible cameras will be able to be built into any flat surface.

>It can all be fixed with software just make the status bar always black so it doesn't pop out so much
This is autistic. You're just emulating a bezel that way

>a fingerprint scanner an aesthetically pleasing spot just because muh logo
Even the phone cases have a cut-out so the logo is exposed. It's the most third-world piece of design there is: "People MUST know I've got an iPhone"

I'd start by learning how to do gestures and app management from this phone, and make that top area obviously dedicated to the status bar, and black the whole bar out when in a landscape app.

Yes but the status icons have to go somewhere at the top, they would just take take up some space if they just removed it like this example

Is that a WebOS phone? Or something like that, the one HP bought the mobile department from?

>Yes but the status icons have to go somewhere at the top
Sure, I get that you can fit the time and battery icons up there, but have you seen the status bar on a girl's phone (or a person who uses their phone a lot in general)? It's full of icons that literally have no place in the status bar thanks to the notch. I'm at loss how to fix this

Looks like it already is.

Yeah, it's the original Palm Pre.

enjoy phone sans camera

Let's be honest, the only people that use the front cameras are sluts, even then they use the bathroom mirror

i fucking know my man....

i am so deep into tech and have owned every iphone... i use at as a 24/48 DAP.. with proton mail, imessage, calls and safari browsing on the side

they gimped the phone for sluts... i dont selfie and dont facetime and never use touch id... just a passcode... they have fucking lost their minds... i mean i am professional and they have totaly alienated me.. what a bunch of gay wankers IMHO

Yeah. I don't know what his point is actually.

That front cam is mandatory for smartphones sold in the U.S. fa.m. Apple not including a front cam would be treason.

does anyone know how you'd access the control center, now that swiping up from the bottom takes you back home?

dude the iPhone doesn't have dumb dock icons like android

have you ever used an iPhone before?

>i am professional
>That uses an iphone
Right

well make it pop out of the case then like that boring grandma fags tim cooks small boner

Arrange this at home and just get used to it.

You had one job

>this

NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT DUAL SCREENS WHICH WAS POSSIBLE WITH THE SWITCH TO OLED

could someone post the pic of the transgender that presented at Google's IO?

i wanna do some good old apple vs google shitposting

BIONIC

that’s what gets me lol

Lots of """professionals'''''' are actually about shilling them self or their products. Not about actually being productive. The iPhone is part of the "persuasive" strategy. Uneducated or lesser mentally equipped people fall for the status symbol the iPhone represents.

SUPERRR

How was this not possible with LCD or any other display tech?

RETRINA

add bezels, home button and basically make an iphone 4.

this

I want this phone. NOW. GIVE. ME. THIS PHONE.

now that, is actually a bit more innovative than what they did

DOUBLE PIXELS

Allow local command line acces to iOS

It blatantly isn't. Look at the bottom. The 'travel time' row is clickable on the iPhone 8 but not the X

Seems like the screen being fractionally shorter in landscape mode just enough to make a row that is barely visible in the first place unclickable is a total non issue.

BLOAT
L
O
A
T

wow just wows you have no idea how thinner oled is and the power savings involved.... applel could have totally made a next gen product instead they iterated....

Here you go

what the fuck is that black thing at the top?
looks ugly, already got a working phone

iPhone X in a nutshell

>no physical home key (only reliable button)
>no 3.5mm jack
>100% un-necessary screen with higher resolution for no fucking reason again at the cost of battery life
>more cpu performance again for no fucking reason at cost of battery life

And you fuckers will still gobbel it up.

What a fucking useless phone.

this
people are fucking idiots to dish out $700 for this this shit every year

perfect, how the fuck did they not realize that notch looks terrible as fuck?

>living

because they are in an echo chamber and got caught off guard

>our leaks from our display vendor (?samsung) said they are going to edge to edge with thin bezels on the s8
>our new competitor essential phone have a camera cutout
>so lets go bezeless with a big AR camera cut-out

IT HAPPENED EXACTLY THIS WAY
SPACESHIP BTFO

Get rid of the notch and either bring back the home button or do what the Nexus line did with on screen buttons.

I honestly think the X is a disaster.

Would it much to ask for the Same guts in the form factor of an iphone se? Also USB C instead of lightning.

why do you need 2 screens?

Just for shits and giggles?

Is it possible to move the top speaker behind the screen?

Ignoring the fact that selfie culture created the cancerous frontal camera.

Bet you can do that with software though.

couldn't they fill in that bit of missing screen and put some kind of bezel on it for the camera?

I bet that's the big new feature with the next one.

Is this the simply exposure campaign.. the more it is shoved to us, the more likeable it will be... what a bunch of shills...

Maybe make it bezel-less?

looks nice on render, but i feel like it would look cheap in reality. like, barrier between speakerplastic and display would still be visible, except now it would also look like someone tried very hard to hide it and failed