Accelerated Processing Unit: APU

What is Sup Forums opinion on APUs? Do you think this technology has a future? Why the fuck isn't Intel making high-end APUs?

>What is Sup Forums opinion on APUs?
they're nice

>Do you think this technology has a future?
Already does, see piss 4 and xbone APUs.

>Why the fuck isn't Intel making high-end APUs?
Because intel "HD" graphics blow.

>Intel
>GPU design

Choose one

They're a good budget option. I had an a10-6800k (back when they were current) and it worked fine while a better system wasn't financially viable.

Apu?

Apu? The indian guy?

Are the high end APU's even comparable to high end dedicated graphics chips?

Until APU's solve the problem of needing a high-end graphics car for gaming, I don't see any benefit from it.

Yes

> Why the fuck isn't Intel making high-end APUs?
They do, just don't market them as such because it's an AMD term.

AMD COULD make a 2 TFLOP one with onboard GDDR5/HBM but that would cannibalize their low end graphics cards.

It's a great idea for tablet PCs.

Define high-end. Like you're never gonna be able to fit a high end dedicated gpu like a 1080 on the same die as a CPU.

Is this actually solving a bottleneck somewhere? or is it just a way to make cheaper facebook machines? anyone know?

Besides Calc, there are no other mainstream application taking advantage of HSA.

It's not. It is.

>APU

>putting two hottest components together
What could possibly go wrong?

Muh APU has no problems

And it's clocked power than fucking mobile CPUs. Of course it won't have problems.

it's great if you dont need strong graphic processors, thus no dedicated GPU.

Ryzen join with infinity fabric navi + HBM2 huge computer component, maybe saw in PS5.

>Intel

>being this retarded

wtf i always thought that his name was raj

>Velocidad
¿Not frequencidad? Sometimes I wonder if it's harder to learn STEM en éspáñól.

doesnt intel already have like better cpus with gpus

Apu is pretty ok

They use "velocidad" because it's an old meme. People prefer it over "frequencidad"

>have like better cpus with gpus
Intel shill, please.

APUs are the shit. They need more refinement and development though. But they are getting there.

Velocidad = Speed

Technically it should be "Frecuencia" (Frequency), but Microsoft named it that way in all languages because of reasons.

>Sometimes I wonder if it's harder to learn STEM en éspáñól

Unless your English is good enough to at least be able to understand English technical articles, you're screwed.

ask any indian american if he's okay.

They are great thing if you don't need huge processing power.

btw calle nigger is not working for me anymore

>indian american

Why is amd so based?

I wonder if Raven Ridge also incorporates these features.

>Huma
They do this shit on purpose, I swear.

>Why the fuck isn't Intel making high-end APUs?
Their products are in fact more than competitive with AMD's.

bristol ridge igpus shit on iris pro all day

I'm still waiting for an APU as powerful as my 6850.

Pretty sure A8-10k apus can do it

Topkek

It's a tablet from 2011, before the Surface Pro was even a thing. PC manufacturers had no reference model of guidance like they do now with the Surface.

I doubt if the A10 7890K can keep up with my 6850. Maybe Raven Ridge is a more interesting option.

I don't get it

It's Huma Abedin. She's married to Anthony Wiener (who, by the way, is a PERV). DID YOU KNOW THAT??

kek

>can i use ur laptop user? i need to print some emails :3
>i forgot to print them at the office and i need them at 7am tomorrow or hillary will shout at me (again) ;_;

I had one of these it died a couple months ago worked well for a few months but i had to get a r9 270 to even be able to run battlefield 4 at a decent fps

The word "frequencidad" does not exist in Spanish you dumbshits

> >Sometimes I wonder if it's harder to learn STEM en éspáñól

No, most people learn stuff with their English or original names. Only tryhards will try to translate everything.

came here to post apu too
kek

I think they are good.
I have IntelHD GT1 and the thing plays anything up for 2012 AAA and indie trash to current day.
Managed to finish Witcher 2 in 720p 60fps locked.

They support OpenCL 1.2 but they are locked away in every rendering engine,even forcing the option in Cycles they cap at 40% for unknown reason.
AMD APUs are fully supported I dont know why is this such a problem.

I would like more driver support I haven't had new driver for 9 months now,and while they are rock stable I would like to see more options like Nvidia has so once can use hacky solutions when they are needed.

>(who, by the way, is a PERV).
Pedophile not perv p e d o p h i l e

All means shit when your apis are dinosaurs besides Vulkan

So, who wins?

GCN3 iGPU in Bristol already murders anything Intel.
Vega will simply laught at it (well as soon as it finally works).

Cute

needs more bandwidth

Considering AMD's Raven Ridge APUs will supposedly outperform the GTX 560Ti that I'm still using and I've pretty much given up on modern games, it's quite likely that any future computer I build will use one of AMD's APUs.

>Facebook machine
Nah. You can play and work with them

I know a PC shop guy who does builds, and he swears by the AMD APUs for HTPC builds for some reason.

Can't remember why, but it was only partly because he hated Intel after the CPUID compiler rigging stuff years back.

They cram a bunch of different parts into one die so they're very cost-effective to produce. The GPU is closer to the CPU and does not have to communicate over PCIe which is a relatively slow bus so if it wasn't for the huge memory bottleneck APUs could be considerably faster than a comparable setup made up of discrete components.

>make a processor for graphic work
>it fucking sucks at graphic work and butchers anything you put into it
wew

They are indigenous, illiterate fuck.

its intel Ultra HD graphics now

i like that helper

Why would you not use an APU for an HTPC build? Removes the need for a dGPU which means you can go with a smaller case