/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
Huawei Mate 10 to come in three variants
gsmarena.com/huawei_might_launch_three_mate_10_variants-news-27246.php

Nokia 9 shows up on GFXBench running Android Oreo
gsmarena.com/nokia_9_now_shows_up_in_benchmarks_running_android_oreo-news-27240.php

The TrueDepth camera of the iPhone X works like the Xbox Kinect
gsmarena.com/truedepth_camera_of_iphone_x_works_like_the_kinect-news-27242.php

Sony H4233 with 6-inch display and Android Oreo spotted on GFXBench
gsmarena.com/sony_h4233_with_6inch_display_and_android_oreo_spotted_on_gfxbench-news-27238.php

iPhone X, iPhone 8 duo release dates and pricing across the world
gsmarena.com/iphone_x_iphone_8_and_iphone_8_plus_release_date_and_pricing-news-27233.php

HTC U11 Life will be HTC‘s first Android One Phone
twitter.com/LlabTooFeR/status/907870249458049024

iPhone X hands-on live from Apple Event 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQuasiJgYM

Apple iPhone X first look
youtube.com/watch?v=WYYvHb03Eog

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus hands-on live from Apple Event 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=o4Gh1dAifbs

old

Other urls found in this thread:

source.android.com/compatibility/7.0/android-7.0-cdd#7_3_10_fingerprint_sensor
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is the Pixel XL 2 gonna have wireless charging?

Are there any reasons to even consider LineageOS for my G5 since it's already up do date and running almost stock Android?
What does Lineage has to offer that makes it worth to lose warranty?

Consensus on Keyone?

Reminder to add more than 1 finger to your fingerprint botnet in case you lose it somewhere.

Femanon here

Making the Pixels compatible with wireless charging would involve shifting to a glass back. That's a major design change that I just can't see them making this year.

There are some customizations that make it different, but i wouldn't bother with it unless you lose software support from Moto, or the software turns to shit and you need to keep it useable

>disable Auto-update for some apps on Google Play Store
>botnet (Play Store) re-enables Auto-update and updates them, anyway
What the fuck?

hmm

>next iPhone shows t h i c c booty

Is it just me or is the iPhone x ugly as fuck? Like compared to the samsungs it just looks dated.

>tfw M6 Note doesn't support band 4

The phone or the finger?!
You already knew you were part of the botnet
It's a rip-off of the Essential phone with an even worse Widow's Peak

so in twrp i tried wipe -> format data but it says failed to mount data device or resource busy. after this i obviously cant boot into the os that was there before. is it safe to flash lineageos on yet?

Does Meizu note m6 have better camera than redmi note 4? I'm looking for phone for my mom and she wants good camera. Also how is the android on Meizu? Is it good or full of bloat?

for future reference its work fine sir

>Headphone Jack
>SD Card Slot
Someone explain to me why I shouldn't get the Nokia 8, the most proconsumer phone on the market.

Because the nokia 9 is coming very soon

>prosumer
>not the lg v30 with quad dac and that shoots Log

>still no Nokia 7

just bought this

did I do good?

Great, as long as you're not planning to game on it heavily. Designed for battery efficiency, not powa

Carry around a fire extinguisher

Overpriced garbage

The screen colors are really poor but overall it's as good as it gets for this price.
>implying iphones and aipads never blow up

nigga i got a pixel XL. Aint no iphone fanboy

It's a 4X, not a note 4.

Thinking on getting a Nokia 8. Thoughts?

What's MIUI like? Should I install Lineage instead?

FUCKING NIGGER AHHH

where the fuck are the 7" inch phones at?

Or are people too insecure to have a phone screen longer than their dick

Do people actually use phones?

So when will we see Pixel XL2 announced

Longtime iPhone user, still on my 5s. My girlfriend is willing to buy the Note 8. However, I don't want to use botnet. What are my options? I have a $1k budget for a phone, so if there is anything better on the market, let me know. I'm a programmer so I'd like to be able to quickly create apps for my phone.

The Note 8 is interesting because I like the idea of a stylus, I think I would use it.

I had planned on getting the V30 but I can't support a phone with nonremovable battery. RIP LG. I thought they were the one.

Form your own thoughts and opinions

>2017
>apple is still incapable of building a phone that can be set down flat on a desk

kek

Lenovo phab (plus)

Yes, but why is the botnet allowed to update my apps without my permission?

Honor note 8

Because you need to have the latest features, fonts, and tracking algorithms you stupid fucking gwailo

So I installed lineages and am rooted. Now what?

Zenfone 3 ultra
P8max

Why Lineage? I'm new to this. What other phone OSs exist that aren't botnet?

Does Meizu note m6 have better camera than redmi note 4?

Is there a custom YouTube app that let's me watch videos with my phone off?I just wanna listen to music mang.

Lineage seemed good feature wise. Actually desu I can't tell any differences between it and stock besides from easy rooting. What else is there I wonder.

It's 2017 and we're still not there yet

Privacy guard

Does Lineage update OTA or do you have flash etc. always when you want to update?

F-Droid
Yalp

Are there any other non-gapps appstores worth using?

Yeah it's called YouTube Red

NewPipe?

>Nokia 9
What the fuckk!!!! Where is the middle model with snapdragon 6xx fuckckckckkckckckckckck

Since it's based on CyanogenMod practice, I would say they have OTA support

Aptoide
ApkMirror

More bugs than a meth den

I've got a Moto G4 plus is this ok?

How long until someone makes a new "iPhone X users, welcome to" picture?

no kill yourself

I mean sort of, I wonder if it only loads the audio

plz no bully

same here,it's good and suits my needs.

>spending more than 200 USD on a fucking phone

You're forget EU (and au) have way higher main wages and we have import tax and weaker currency

>being a poorfag

FACT: ANDROID USERS ARE THE MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE ON EARTH

is that nigga still using a galaxy s3

Looks like a Fookin J3 Kek

How safe is fingerprint scanner? Seems pretty botnet.

upgrading from a 6s, get my new samsung S8 tomorrow.

Essential apps to install and general things to fuck about with?

Yes

What are they going to do with your finger print?

>Well sir, you used your fingerprint to post on the comment section of the New York Times "ALL YOU KIKE FAGGOTS WILL BURN 14/88"
>wasn't me

i fell for the xperia z ultra meme and actually 5.5-5.7" is fine imo even 4.5-5.0" is fine if you're actually using it as a phone and not purely as a tablet/media consumption device. 5.7" is still pretty big

source.android.com/compatibility/7.0/android-7.0-cdd#7_3_10_fingerprint_sensor
>MUST have a hardware-backed keystore implementation, and perform the fingerprint matching in a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) or on a chip with a secure channel to the TEE.
>MUST have all identifiable fingerprint data encrypted and cryptographically authenticated such that they cannot be acquired, read or altered outside of the Trusted Execution Environment (TEE) as documented in the implementation guidelines on the Android Open Source Project site.

Is it wrong that I don't care about smartphones at all? The only thing I find them useful for, besides making calls and texts, is gps and browsing the internet. I assume that's what most people use their phones for as well. Why, then, do people spend nearly $1000 for these things when there are smartphones that do the same thing for 1/10 of that price?

Why do people spend $60000 on a car when a $12000 car will get them there the same? Why do people spend $20 on a meal when a 50¢ bowl of rice fills them up the same? Why do nice things exist? We should all live in poverty and stand in bread lines.

So they spend more on the same device because they can? Makes sense.

Which smartphone is best suited for me if I sometimes cum in a sock and forget and wear that sock the next day?

it's not really the same device tho. you get diminishing returns past the $200-400 range but it's not the same.

iphone x

>So they spend more on the same device because they can?
It's not the same device though

Do you honestly think anyone who cums in socks can afford a thousand dollar phone?

xiaomi mi a1

What else am I supposed to cum into that isn't a woman

You talk, text, browse the web, and play mobile shit. All smartphones do this.

animojis

Lol!

LG is unironically the best

Sold.

Even then only Indian made Note 4's are blowing up, which are confirmed to be of much lesser build quality than the chink made ones. On top of that it's only available in India.
Give it a shot, you can always switch to Lineage later.

The last nail has been hammered into Apple's coffin.

I want to move to Android. What does Sup Forums recommend?

>Carrier
Verizon
>Country
Murica
>Budget
$700-800
>Size
Preferably not larger than 5.5 inches
>Features
Anything not standard these days isn't super important. The only thing I care about is security.

Samsung is generally a good place to start for a ipleb

I've had my moto2 for years. Should I upgrade to 4?

I drive a $2000 car.

You can do all that on a used galaxy s3 off ebay. So you have no excuse for spending more than $20 on a phone. If your phone is less than 5 years old, you're a hypocrite.

1) So is Signal the best encrypted / privacy oriented messaging app?

2) Why the hell does Sup Forums keep interrupting music when I open the catalog on ios? Fuck. It doesnt play audio on the page so it shouldnt do that.

a cheap meal is probably processed shit full of shit that'll kill you slowly while something more expensive could be organic and a lot healthier for you and tastier

I'm looking for new phone for my mom and was thinking about meizu note m6 or xiaomi redmi note 4. Does Meizu note m6 have better camera than redmi note 4? She wants good camera. Also how is the android on Meizu? Is it good or full of bloat?

Not true, if you cook your own shit you can eat healthy for pretty cheap.

Forgot to mention I actually started on Ice Cream Sandwich and moved right before Lollipop. I'm not new to Android really.