Why is there no good portable music recorders anymore?

Why is there no good portable music recorders anymore?

Minidisc was a mess of proprietary formats. Just like every other "superior" sony gadget.

le phone

Because you can get a smartphone for under $100

Sony still sells good ones.

They exists but are pretty much pro or semi-pro equipment.

What phones have stereo line-in?

HTC U11 has god tier audio quality.

As in a remote? Like all of them

It could have been so fucking amazing, but too little, too late. I hoped it would have been an inexpensive upgrade to floppy discs.

Because it's much more profitable to make customers pay per stream than to let them record anything they want.

If only there was some kind of 'universal bus' you could use to connect external devices to your phone?

What the fuck are you talking about user ? this is the golden age of 24/96 on 1/4 terrabyte SD cards...

This is me and this is how i record music... get gud faggot

U wot m8? There is a shit ton of portable music recorders to choose from.

It's called a TASCAM and they come in every possible size to suit every recording situation.

Sony Walkman A15/A17

> .DSF

HNNNGGGG

I've been using the PCM-D50 for close to 10 years now. Great purchase.

>I hoped it would have been an inexpensive upgrade to floppy discs.

That was the Zip disc. Or the LS-120 if you were a soerg and had to have backwards compatibility.

Are there any good PMPs still being manufactured?

I have an unreasonable fear of my headphones disconnecting from my phone and everyone hearing my shitty weeb music

just get a decent usb microphone and a non-samshit phone that actually abides by usb standards so you can use the usb otg feature and plug your usb mic into your phone and record decent audio.