Caffeine issues

Hey Sup Forums what do you guys do for caffeine in your software programming job? Asking cause I take 2 energy drinks a day to work and only drink that the entire day and go home to finally eat. It is fucking up my stomach and I need to kick the energy drink habit, but if I don't drink them I am tired throughout the day.

Other urls found in this thread:

roguehealthandfitness.com/excess-iron-promotes-obesity/
roguehealthandfitness.com/irons-crucial-role-in-brain-aging/
roguehealthandfitness.com/iron-accelerates-aging/
youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_7ZCOrnHQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try cutting half the caffeine intake
Use ginseng extract instead
Eat something when you wake up

>Eat something when you wake up
Does this actually help? I heard people constantly tell me that, but I just feel even more tired because I am full.

Once you drink caffeine daily, it stops having any sort of wakefulness effect, it also changes your brain chemistry to ramp up the number of adenosine receptors to make up for caffeine blocking all of them, so when you quit cold turkey, you get the full blown effect of adenosine and it fucks up you for a day or two but after that you're cured.

Just drink coffee in the future.

then you're eating too much, eat a piece of fruit, some oatmeal, yogurt or some type of granola bar
I'm personally using clif bars

Why would you take caffeine at all?

Have you tried actually getting enough sleep the night before?

Food
Breakfast: 3 eggs hardboil'd hotsauce
2nd breakfast: 1-2 PB&J's
Snack: carnation instant breakfast, three to four gloops of milk, twoo (2) scoops protein powder, spoonful peanutbutter, BCAAs one tbsp. Blended
dinner: peanutbutter sandwich, nachos

Energy
250mg caffeine from Rockstar Revolt
1x drive to work
1x 3hrs in

Water
water as needed. Maybe about a gallon or two a day.

Peak performance.

>I just feel even more tired because I am full.
They said "eat something" not "eat yourself into a stupor" you stupid fat fuck.

Eat right
Work out
Get on a good sleep schedule

Fuck off with the energy drinks

unsustainable
what a pleb

>Once you drink caffeine daily, it stops having any sort of wakefulness effect

That's bullshit.

Anyways, if your office doesn't have an espresso machine you have a shit job.

Nice strong coffee, all you need. I drink about 8cups aday. Dont forget to workout.
If you get headaces its because of the suger withdral, it will pass after maybe a week

>office coffee
you mean you don't make yourself a nice pourover light roast every morning and pour it into your thermos to sip on all day?

Keto diet

High-fat high-protein low-carb aka low-sugar

You can work for days, not overeat, and then still be able to pass out. Well physical work at the least. Looking at a computer screen might bore you to the point of nodding off asleep but otherwise you can type for days (with the obvious breaks every hour).

The only "wall" is the first three days. You will feel absolutely shitty and then feel great on the 4th day and beyond

CONT.

Also practice some form of IF (8-12 hours min between meals at least). You can work for days without food. The most dangerous temptation isn't you wanting food, it's your friends wanting food.

Tips on staying awake??

My day stars at 9am and isn't over till 9pm

I'm always fucking sleepy and can never pay attention in classes/work or get shit done. Also I have so much hw I go to sleep around 2:30am almost every night.

I bought a case of monsters and Starbucks double shots. What else can I do?

Research how caffeine works.
Then do something about it.

holy shit stop whining.
two coffees have more caffeine than two energy drinks and most of my colleague drink 4 coffees/day.
I'm having about 1l of black tea/day because I can't stand coffee but it makes me awake too.

CONT.

It also demolishes that constant hungering for snacks. It's as easy to lose weight on a high-fat high-protein diet as it easy to gain weight on a high-carb diet. There's a tribe in New Guinea which is effectively high-carb vegetarian but their main food source mimics some aspects of keto.

>I bought a case of monsters and Starbucks double shots. What else can I do?

Get keto adapted, eat one large meal (ex: I eat 6 eggs and 6 pieces of bacon as my meal of the day and add certain supplements), and weight-lift.

Also you need to "destress" from that schedule when you get off. Spend an hour in a room with no electronics before you go to bed. Take 1-3 mg of melatonin on the start of that hour.

If you really need to keep awake soon, take adrafinil and wait 2-3 hours so it breaks down into modafinil. It won't "supercharge" you but it'll enable wakefullness until you go to bed.

Easier said than done lads

That's one major reason why I promote keto. It actually lets the hormone Leptin do its job without being cucked by carbs. It's why fat people on certain restricted diets lose weight fast. Because they have abnormal levels of Leptin that are being cucked by carbs/sugars. When you take the cuckery out, leptin is able to signal "Don't eat anymore".

No, I only make pour over in the weekend.

I did bring my kit to the office for a week.
But I prefer espresso when working because I tend to let my filter coffee get cold when I'm focused on my code.

We got a keurig, but I hate coffee.

Of course. Because keurigs are real life DRM cancer. Try a real espresso. Got my entry level one at home for about $350.

Tastes much better than drip coffee. Less caffeine too so its' less of a "rush"

Tell me more about keto. What are keto approved foods? Grilled chicken?

Also thanks for the advice

I do IF (intermittent fasting) until the first pause. Drinking plenty of water in the morning gives me enough energy.
Then I get caffeine with food not to screw my stomach.

Instant is never as good as freshly ground and brewed coffee.

Real espresso is also cheaper on the long run.
Those instant cups and pads are stupidly expensive.

>sustainability fag
>calls others pleb
yep, checks out

I just started taking 15mg of adderall xr this week.

It's not doing much aside from making me tired and sluggish. Is there anything I can do to supplement it or help it give me more focus?

amphetamine > caffeine

Be careful about this. I used to only eat one large meal a day. I felt great, but some people I know had problems with acid reflux because of it.

Just look for something high-fat, high-protein, and defintely low-carb (Your consumption should hover around 20-40g carbs a day at most).

This takes out anything with grain, especially if you're in America. They add iron to the flour and excess iron reacts with blood oxygen...

This would mean avoiding beer and alcohol for the most part. Although a shot 3-6 hours after a workout session raises test levels for some godamn reason. More than if you took it right after (still has a smaller effect).

My poor man's diet is 6 eggs (You can get 180 eggs for $15-$17 at costco mid-california) and 6 pieces of bacon. Sometimes less because I stop feeling hungry around the 4-5th piece of bacon.

You might need a higher dose. I'd imagine adderall has a dosage curve applicable to a lot of brain medication (Low dose = better effect, more dose = down to the vertex of parabola, high dose = back to the upward swing of the parabola).

It'd be interesting to know their diet and overall physiology/morphology. Nothing works for all people.

Also get a sleep study done see if you have sleep apnea, you can sleep 12 hours a day and still be tired if so.

I figured that it might be too low. I was taking 75mg of Adderall ir about a year and a half ago.

How the fuck does a central nervous system stimulant make you tired? If it does, you probably have heart or circulatory problems

It has that effect if you actually have ADD, I stopped taking it on my own in highschool because of the zombie feeling and hearing voices if I stayed up too late.

Love eggs so I'll try it.

Basically no more than 6 eggs a day?

I don't know. I work 12 hours a day and this is a low dose. Could be either.

I have an extreme case of ADHD and even as a kid it zombified me and gave me normal focus but never made me tired

>excess iron reacts with blood oxygen.

Whats been your experience with brand name vs generic?

This is generic amphetamine salts, but I've been on generic 30mg pinks before and never felt tired at all.

>How the fuck does a central nervous system stimulant make you tired?

Upregulation, like coffee or alcohol (on the GABA system). Your brain "wants" to normalize experiences to avoid "rat cocaine" syndrome. So to speak.

At the same time it tries to maximize memories of harm/hurt so you're motivated to avoid or crush those sources.

The brain is for maximum survival, not maximum happiness. Its why such feelings can seem so fleeting.

I take Ritalin and I can finally exercise will and pay attention to a conversation that lasts more than a minute. Have that gay inattentive ADD that nobody understands because ADD is supposed to seem like "class clown", not "Lenny dropping out of a lecture within a minute".

You eat high-protein high-fat 'till you're full. The great thing is that "fullness" actually works as an auto-regulation of your eating.

The point isn't any specific number, it's when your Leptin says "enough is enough". It's a struggle to even try to overeat because the excitement of your taste buds drop when you feel leptin working. It's the main reason why I don't calorie count. I don't need to.

We aren't pregnant women who need above-average iron.

roguehealthandfitness.com/excess-iron-promotes-obesity/
roguehealthandfitness.com/irons-crucial-role-in-brain-aging/
roguehealthandfitness.com/iron-accelerates-aging/

There's a reason why, on average, blood donors live longer than non-blood donors.

I drink coffee or a monster zero ultra in the morning. Then water or tea all day.

If you feel tired in the afternoon, you probably either need to improve your sleep or you need more exercise.

Drink more water. Daytime tiredness can be attributed to dehydration.

I usually drink water along side a cup of coffee.

>There's a reason why, on average, blood donors live longer than non-blood donors.

Sure: people who live healthy lifestyles are more likely to donate blood.

You need to stop promoting your whacky pseudoscience here.
This is a pro science board.

That's a good point. But I don't see how excess iron supplementation, legislated based upon the needs of pregnant women, does any good. It's been 80 odd years with more studies done but it's still based on 1930s legislation.

Not to mention that we've been fed literal pseudo-science/corporate science bullshit about the "ideal" ratio of grains and fruit and shit that was probably nudged on the basis of corporate sponsors.

Pseudoscience is precisely what reigns in mainstream nutrition. It's why the phenomena of fat nutritionists who give shitty advice exists. Because few experts practice what they preach and few experts have any sort of risk when disseminating bullshit.

It's really the lack of risk that enables bullshitters to bullshit.

This is way more cost effective than energy drinks.

I had those times where I drank an energy drink for breakfast 3 days in a row, it just doesn't get better. Might be because I had some shitty days with too much work, going to bed too late, getting frustrated over shitty little things that I should've done a week ago. Whatever.

Get a healthy bunch of sleep next weekend and start fresh next week. No energy drinks, a cup of coffee instead maybe.

What I usually do is eat a little and go to work where I drink two cups of coffee between arrival and lunch, after that another two... or three... on the weekends maybe no coffee at all.

I drink 2 cups of coffee at work usually, its healtheir than drinking energydrinks.

>doesn't do any good = PURE POISON OMG WE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!! DON'T EAT ANY BREAD IT'S SUICIDE ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except excess iron has a risk. Like the vast number of other nutrients. I'd like to see what happens when you ingest too much vitamin A and watch your skin slough off.

>but that takes a comical dose!

Welcome to my view of iron supplementation. The dose makes the poison.

CONT.

Not to mention that the level of iron in bread, and most products containing grain flour, is artificial. It's an additive for a time when pregnant women had more risk from underconsumption than overconsumption. Which doesn't apply to groups that are not pregnant women, but who still get the same amount of (over) supplementation in their flour.

>takes a comical dose!

Exactly.
And a sandwich doesn't contain that much iron at all.

But who am I?
I just happen to live in the country with the tallest people in the world and one of the longest life expectancy.
....where we also happen to love bread.

Over a weekend just cut caffeine cold turkey and watch the office or something. Then switch to coffee/tea it sucks at first but it'll work

my office has a $6000 coffee machine and it is the greatest thing ever. It even runs GNU/linux and can connect to the internet. Sadly it appears getting a terminal on it will require taking the machine down when no one is using it, which is never.

Why would you want your coffee machine to run linux?

What's the internet connectivity like?

youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_7ZCOrnHQ

Ive noticed that I've been slowly eating myself into stupor more and more so now im cutting back hard.

Caffeine helps.

because it came that way. No what I want to to do is get root on it, so I can change the animations it plays when it makes coffee. Right now it's just a video of beans being roasted and a loading bar. Ideally I'd get it to show the weather forecast or something

no i mean, what possible reason would you have to make your coffee machine show up on the network?

Keto's one of the few (the only?) diets that actually does anything.

It was originally used to treat kids with seizures (epilepsy) - going on a keto diet reduces or eliminates seizures, especially in combination with anti-seizure medication. It then turned out that it also helped you lose weight, as the body's metabolism adjusts to the lack of easy carbs/glucose, switches to burning fat and undergoes 'ketosis' - which is basically your body switching to "oh I'm starving" mode, without starving. Then it turned out that cancer's metabolic pathways get starved for energy when this happens, as cancer only (mostly?) uses glucose for energy and not fats.

Keto diets are simple:
Eat as little carbs as you can - no bread, pasta, sugar, oats, soft drinks, juice, fruit, potatoes, etc.
Eat only protein, fat, and fiber - vegetables, cheese, meat, nuts

I usually drink coffee with a bit of milk (fresh whole or nonfat dry if I'm out of whole milk). The milk cuts the acidity of the coffee and makes it easier on the stomach. No sugar, though.

well the company that makes it sells proprietary software to control it remotely. It has wifi and ethernet. We keep it disconnected from both, for pretty obvious reasons.

I've been meaning to connect it to an openwrt router so I can nmap it's ports though.

It's more connected than that. Shit even grinds the beans and can even mix a mean hot chocolate

it should be possible to more or less control everything. This would allow one to make coffee remotely, except it doesn't have a cup dispenser so it will more likely spooge coffee all over the floor. Controlling everything could also be very bad. The manual says that if the beans aren't ground right, the extraction filter rolls aren't ipiston, and water heater aren't operated in the correct sequence the machine will damage itself.

I have no reason. If I attempt any of this, the coffee machine will have it's own highly restricted subnet.

i mean, you're programming ALL day right?

dat coffee good shit fo u

Eat breakfast first, then have a black coffee. Bring one to work if they don't have a coffee machine.

Diet Cola all day every day

Lighten your load?

Nobody gives a fuck that you took overload semesters or how high your gpa was.

If you think your future employers will actually care about this, get used to it, it gets worse.

>three to four gloops of milk
what the fuck is a gloop of milk?

are zero calorie SIPS gonna break my fast?

nice, you really do know what you're talking about ketochan

take the cap off
completely invert jug over glass
>GLOOPGLOOPGLOOPGLOOP

then try to clean up mess before bitch wife gets home

Pick somehting better to SIP

>If you think your future employers will actually care about this, get used to it, it gets worse.
I am sure it never affected you in any of the fast food places you worked at, but in the grown up world any edge you can get over someone else is something you don't ignore

>I am sure it never affected you in any of the fast food places you worked at, but in the grown up world any edge you can get over someone else is something you don't ignore

>If you think your future employers will actually care about this, get used to it, it gets worse.

Some people just can't wait to exercise their superiority complex and put others down

I bet you can't do math in word problem form unless it matches the patterns in your textbook.

Hell yeah, sip up my brother

I use caffeine pills now as it is the most cost effective. 10 usd for 120 pills, each a 200mg dose which is more than the average energy drink

What's a good glass on glass method?

Drip vs Vacuume??

I'll just let it sit while programming so I'm not worried about speed.

French press would be my choice if manual effort weren't required.
I'd probably still use one occasionally for a superior cup when I have time to focus on it.

Not even sure what you are getting at. Its bad I can read a book? Its bad to make yourself look more qualified or competent?

Have you ever written software outside the context of the classroom and outside the narrow context of your textbook examples?

>....where we also happen to love bread.

In america, it's legislated that most types of bread/grain flour be enriched. It's also altered by cast iron stoves and pans, where the iron can leach into the food.

"Consider that inhibition of iron absorption – interestingly, by putting tea in their food – increased the lifespan of Drosophila by >20%. (Mechanisms of Ageing and Development.) The authors of that study say, “It is concluded that iron accumulation is a significant factor contributing to senescence.”

In rats, calorie restriction led to much lower levels of iron with age, and as a result, levels of lipid peroxidation, a measure of oxidative stress, were markedly suppressed. (Mechanisms of Ageing and Development.)

In a paper just out this month, it’s reported that “iron starvation” induces mitophagy and extends the lifespan of C. elegans. (Current Biology.)

Although there a number of other similar animal studies, we’ll add just one more: calorie restriction downregulates iron absorption and leads to less iron accumulation. (Rejuvenation Research.) From this study:

The results suggest that the anti-aging effects of CR might partially lie in its capacity to reduce or avoid age-related iron accumulation in the brain through down-regulating expression of brain hepcidin—the key negative regulator for intracellular iron efflux—and that facilitating the balance of brain iron metabolism may be a promising anti-aging measure.

From all this we see that it is entirely possible that one of the reasons, perhaps even the major reason, that calorie restriction extends lifespan is because it causes less iron to be accumulated with age."

Eat low-carb and you won't feel so tired.

I'm in my 40s, I havent written anything outside of cleaning up the lazy shit the young people think is acceptable now since the early 00s. I manage people now because of what I produced.

I drink anywhere from 1 to 4 cans of redbull a day.
Today I had one 250ml in the morning, then one early lunch, then I had 355ml can in the afternoon.
Basicly its just sugar, fizzy water and caffeine, the important thing is to drink water in between and eat well. Have breakfast, lunch, dinner etc eat good, well prepared food because your problems sound like they are caused by eaating fast food 24/7

you are an idiot, but its okay because your stupidity will hurt no one but yourself. Energy drinks are the most horrible thing for your health aside from hard liquor.

On what planet do you think "How many classes did you take every semester?" Is a question that's brought up in an interview?

Showing you were willing to put in extra work to better yourself certainly would be brought up. If you cant see why that would help you in an interview you probably think volunteering and charity work wont help either.

A little tip for anyone thats a little dense; going into an interview and spending the entire time jerking yourself off over your accomplishments wont get you notice as much as talking about things you are still weak doing and how you intend to use the job to better yourself.

I cannot talk for all energy drinks, but redbull is pretty much just fizzy water, sugar and caffeine, and some b vitamins. Id even say that coke is worse because coke has phisforic acid. Red bull doesnt.

>skipping breakfast
Lmao stay poor

Oh, you're one of those people who has literally zero experience worth discussing besides their education. Nevermind, you won't get the job anyway

coke dosent jack up your blood pressure anywhere near what energy drinks do. Pouring shit that can cause strokes and heart attacks more often into you is just retarded.

Try getting a normal sleep schedule

oh wow, not even going to try and debate it?

Think whatever you want, obviously the advice doesnt apply to losers like yourself who never will hold a real job. I speak from experience because I have to hire people, although what I am saying is just common sense.

>a shot 3 to 6 hours after workout temporarily increases test
Whoa what the fuck?

Where did you hear this? If true I can finally have an excuse to drink weekdays

No, I'm not going to try to debate your lack of an argument. If you actually do hire people, you would know that hiring managers don't ask silly questions like "tell me what you do to make yourself a better person". But what do I know, my "real job" isn't in a CS field

I guess I am done with you then, you don't seem to have any grasp on reality. Ask your parents about job interviews when you get back from slinging fries, they should be glad to help you learn to get you out of their basement.

Too much sugar raises blood pressure. If you cant handle it then you should consume sugar, coke and redull has similar amount of sugar per 100ml. Both have caffeine, redbull has more.
But heart attacks? I heard some guy died of caffeine overdose but he was chewing caffeine bubble gum which has like 200 time more caffeine than a can of redbull and he was also alcoholic with a serious liver condition
Has anyone ever got a heart stroke because of energy drinks? NO.