What the hell makes W10 so bad at updating?

What the hell makes W10 so bad at updating?

I have never seen XP or 7 require restarts or take so long on updating. It is fucking borderline unusable. What the fuck went wrong Sup Forums?

And before anyone says it, I use my Chromebook with crouton as my main general purpose PC, only my gaymen desktop has Windows.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LooBstOvn94
linkedin.com/pulse/20140806183208-12100070-why-did-microsoft-lay-off-programmatic-testers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I have never seen XP or 7 require restarts or take so long on updating.
Really...

Checked her channel, that bitch is whining about adblockers now
youtube.com/watch?v=LooBstOvn94

>What the hell makes W10 so bad at updating?
According to you.

All everyone else is bitching about is the forced restarts, which you can easily prevent by restarting as soon as an update is installed.
Mine installs updates pretty fast. Maybe you shouldn't install all those shitty programs that slow down your system.

Every windows OS that has received online updates has had some that require a restart to apply, very simply due to the way in which Explorer.exe hooks things.
Ironically for you windows 10 is the one which would, update for update, require the least restarts in comparison.

>infamous 33% doesn't exist now that windows 10 is out
nostalgia is one helluva drug

Oh jesus... read the comments on that video.

These cunts will actually sit and watch ad's to support some random person sitting about making videos instead of getting a real fucking job.

Just wow...

I think they are designed for SSDs or something. They take forever for me too.

Hey look, I have updates on my linux machine

HMMM, do I have to install them now?
Nope.

Do I have to restart when I install them?
Nope.

Am I forced to install them at any point in time?
Not a chance.

The restarts, forced updates, telemetry, spying, inconsistent UI, and a gross lack of respect for your freedoms. Windows isn't an OS you own, it's a service you're temporarily permitted to use.

Outsourcing to India for cheap labor and no quality control.
MS fired many quality testers in 2014. Windows 10 is the result.
linkedin.com/pulse/20140806183208-12100070-why-did-microsoft-lay-off-programmatic-testers

Also, replacing professional testers with volunteers ("insiders" aka dumb ass MS fanboy redditors).

And the fact that they ship a big update twice a year doesn't help either.

What a fucking mess this OS is. They fucked up with 8, blew their load too soon on the mobile/touch/tablet craze and then they had to come up with a quick fix with 10.

> has never seen windows 7 requiring restarts
Have you actually used windows 7 lmao?

>I have never seen XP or 7 require restarts or take so long on updating. I
Then you never used XP or 7. If you can say that and lived through the SP1 mess you are full on retarded.

>The restarts, forced updates, telemetry, spying, inconsistent UI, and a gross lack of respect for your freedoms. Windows isn't an OS you own, it's a service you're temporarily permitted to use.
No, the forced update to 10 and being heavy handed about getting people to keep their machines updated is to keep idiots safe. Now that the majority of windows systems are up to date and patched there is far less chance of huge botnets made of unpatched windows systems.

I've never had any issue with the updates because I can see a message and restart my computer like a normal person instead of hitting snooze for a week then getting it forced on me.

What is "a real job?" I don't see a problem in making what some could consider entertainment and getting paid for it. Or handouts. What does it matter? Are you not communists which are the only hope for all of humanity?

>keep idiots safe

Idiots like you? Because you sound like one of those idiots.

How so? Because I can read and use common sense?

This, 7 had the most annoying nagware that would constantly interrupt what you were doing to inform you it was restarting in 15 minutes and all you could do was click "restart now" or "later". You could disable it but you can disable restarts in 10 too so I don't see OP's point, they both have shitty annoying behavior by default.

Also 7's updating process was incredibly slow, it would take an hour to find one security update and another hour to install it, it wasn't pleasant at all. Not to mention the massive amount of bloat it would add to your installation, 8 and 10 are far better about cleaning up after themselves after an update, only temporarily retaining the files needed to revert from an update.

>Also 7's updating process was incredibly slow
I dual boot 7 and 10 regularly and install updates on both. 10 is way slower on average. Every update takes several minutes and the PC is unusable while that fucking circle keeps spinning. 7 had an update checking bug for a few months in 2016, but that was eventually fixed.

>I dual boot 7 and 10 regularly and install updates on both. 10 is way slower on average
Then you obviously fucked something up, most likely you fucked up the install of 10 by not doing it properly and installed it like a system that wasnt dual booting.

>What the hell makes W10 so bad at updating?
the fact that they fucked up everything that made the updating of windows 7 so good

Forced updates, whenever, often every day, forcing you to restart, can't turn them off without registry or GPO settings and the fact their "active hours" doesn't solve fucking anything but some made up hours they say you can use your computer

10 is significant faster than 7 for me, both in finding and installing updates.

>Forced updates
false

>whenever, often every day
update tuesday, retard

>forcing you to restart,
false

>can't turn them off without registry or GPO settings
so you can turn them off?

>and the fact their "active hours" doesn't solve fucking anything but some made up hours they say you can use your computer
are you retarded? you set it to when you're either at work or asleep and then it restarts without interrupting anything.

>Forced updates, whenever, often every day, forcing you to restart
It only forces you if you ignore the message about the update for days and days. If you want to be a idiot and keep hitting snooze what else do you expect?

>Bcuz it first sandboxs your Metadata and keylogger.... Then upgrades

I'll whitelist you if I like you enough, but if any of the people I like started whining like this I would instantly take them off the list

>that Yorkshire-ish accent

Just kiss me and give me this love.