IToddlers will defend this

iToddlers will defend this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SWkWGXXIHw8
notchmode.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It seriously cuts into the picture like that?

success breeds jealousy

iTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>iToddlers use webbrowsers to play with blocks
Literal toddlers.

ids habbenig

No, he's just meming...

Apple will just start producing iTunes Originals and film and release them with the notch in mind.

Rectangular video formats are so 2016.

imagine how much of an autistic spergout Jobs would have if he was still alive and saw this shit

An iToddler has defended this.

JUST

It's just new golden standard, you, and the whole world need to accept it

>Essential memephone did this
No problemo
>Ipone did this
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>t. iToddler

An iToddler has defended this.

cutouts are stupid and ugly, Essential at least leaves enough space to make it kind of "worth" it (maybe) but it's still ugly and stupid.

Apple's is just retarded, flat out retarded. Also the "bezel-less" design still looks like it has pretty big bezels to me, like they went pretty halfway on that too and then smushed a big ugly notch into it as if that somehow makes it look like there is no bezel when it's actually 3/4s bezel

>999 USD media consumption toy
Americans fill defend this

i thought apple banned software bezels.

Will probably depend on the video. Most movies nowadays are 16:9. That's why you don't see a lot of black bars on the bottom and top of the scree on new TVs like back in the days when the standard for movies was 16:9, but TVs were 4:3. Tarantino for example likes those black bars and since 16:9 will not give you those black bars on modern screens, he loves to film his movies in dumb aspect ratios. For such movies the phone will be just fine, since for once this movies won't have black bars.

For standard 16:9 vids though, there are only 3 possibilities. They slightly stretch the image, they add black bars left and right, so it's still 16:9 and nothing of the pictures gets lost or they simply zoom in and cut off a lil bit on the bottom and the top like in OPs pic.

>doesn't make 120k+ a year
Communists will defend this

>Nu-males even have receding hairlines on their phones

This is the most JUST generation after all

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*FORGOT TO BREATH IN*

LMAO

>Watching video on a mobile device

youtube.com/watch?v=SWkWGXXIHw8

ayy

lmao

>meming

They really fucked up with it. Then again, it's not like anyone unironically watches videos or movies on a phone ... right?

OP did you notice how the video is zoomed in? if you watch the video at 16:9 then you just get pillarboxing like you get with virtually every other phone.

>watching a video on a phone
lmaoing @ ur life

From apple's tech demo.

Not to condone what Essential did, but at the very least they left some space for the notification icons: it's hideous, but such design might come from the realization that the upper portion of the screen is occupied by the black notification bar, and usually notification don't get up to the middle of the screen, so placing the camera there didn't really remove any useful space. Apple just made that thing to claim their phone is bezelless, while they could have gone with a full bezel and it would have been much better from any point of view.

i like it

>admitting apple steals ideas

it looks nice at first, but with a video specifically made for it.
In reality you will get full picture on other phones and here the speaker will cover some on the left and it will be cut on down and upper parts. so basically nice gimmick for normies, they will buy it. They like to be fucked in the ass.

FIXED. You phonefags are all the same.

this, who the shit watches movies/tv shows on a phone?

Most modern movies are already significantly butchered by cropping if they're views in 16:9 aspect ratio.

fuck you

viewed*
Dammit.

This looks fucking terrible. Embarrassing for a flagship product. No way would Jobs have allowed this.

Threadly reminder that you cannot properly enjoy kino on your phone

This does look rushed. You're right, though. No way Jobs would have approved the iPhone X. Maybe they'll get it right with the X2, since Apple historically fubars the first generation everything.

But seriously they're fucking Apple. How did they not get anyone to make smaller sensors for what they want to do? Those are absolutely fuckhuge sensors. Shit, I use sensors about that size in my single board projects. Don't tell me Apple couldn't get them made 1/20th of that size at the prices they're throwing around at their suppliers.

The saving grace I see here is that the videos are all overflowing the sensor notch anyway. They're not making notch-hiding part of the OS, so it won't require any reworking of apps or content when they finally get rid of it entirely in the X2 or X3. They'll just finally be full screen again.

No it won't you retard

T. Note 8 owner.

who the fuck browses anything in landscape mode
I bet you keep your browser maximized at all times too

yeah, it's zoomed in. they made a judgment call that showing a video with pillarboxing would look worse than showing a video that took up the entire frame.

Why the hell did they go with the notch thing? It looks jarring
And no 120hz refresh rate unlike the new ipad, what the fuck. Apple could have lead a generation of 120hz screens

they went with the notch because at the moment there doesn't seem to be a way to put cameras, speaker, etc... either behind the screen or in the bezel if they had made it a proper rectangle.

go look at the Essential Phone or the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 for other examples of phones trying to satisfice with insufficient bezel space. this isn't some especially new idea.

as for the refresh rate, yeah that was a huge fuckup on their part. it's probably why they didn't call it the iPhone pro — after refreshing the iPad pros with 120Hz and variable refresh rate and whatnot, calling this a pro and not including this feature would really raise questions about what's necessary for whatever apple thinks of as "pro".

>tfw you can enjoy iphone quality video right now

notchmode.com/ :^)

i'd rather have a full bezel than that fucking NOTCH

then they will come out with version that has a bezel and charge everyone a hundred bux more for the improved version

i think it's more likely that they'll come up with a solution that involves shrinking the overall area needed to fit those components in, and then smoothing it out over the entire top of the device, but that's not really the hyperbolic anticipatory panic you're making up. so sure, they'll come back with a bezel and charge a hundred "bux" more.

Where was this image when samshit released their meme aspect ratio phone?

Aplel is shit
Samshit is shit

HTC U11 IS GOAT

JUST PUT IT ABOVE THE SCREEN NOT ON TOP. YES YOU WILL HAVE HALF AN INCH OF TOP WITH NO GLASS. BUT WHO CARES????? THAT IS HOW PHONES HAVE BEEN SINCE FOR EVER AND IT WORKS? APPLE HAS LOST TOUCH JUST LIKE THE FIRST TIME STEVEN JORBS LEFT.
>2017: APPLE FINALLY FUCKING DIED
THATS ONE GOOD BIT OF NEWS CONSIDERING LINUX WILL DIE NEXT.
SHIFT KEY THE WHOLE POST CAPS LOCK IS FOR MCTODDLERS

They have. It's called memeing.

"Normal" phone
FUCKING NORMIES RRRRREEEEEEEEEEE

This is just beautiful.

You tell me.

Yes. I'll grab 2 or 3 screenshots from the presentation, depicting games and/or videos being played on the iPhone X.
1/?

Does it matter?

they want a kilobuck for that?

2/? showing a photo in the gallery being blocked by the notch.
Next picture will be of a game specifically designed for the iPhone X, and the camera block overlaps a button in the game.

While we're at it, remember that 16:9 is also plebshit.

What's the deal with iPhone having fuckhuge bezels? Even though they've previously claimed that upcoming telephone won't have bezels at all?

3/? showing a game designed for this very phone, the camera block overlaps the menu button and the shooty shooty button. Also, the curved edges cut into the health/objective bars at the top.

Incompetence.

FYI, their announcement said the resolution is 2436x1125. Still an arbitrary non-standardized resolution that's still less than 1440p.

4/4 showing a series of videos playing on the device, all blocked by the camera block.
And here's a 5/4 from the same sequence:

> le Baguette spiral maymay

>not using (1 + sqrt(5)):2 aspect ratio
ishygddt

is the screen OLED? Cause if not then that will look fucking terrible.

>Most movies nowadays are 16:9

iToddlers have defended this.

It feels amazing in your hand!

it's oled

and usually notification don't get up to the middle of the screen
Pic related on my S5 neo. BT always on because I use a smartwatch. There sometimes also is an alarm clock notification icon there

i don't givea shit about watching videos on a smartphone. My problem is with landscape documents and websites. It is simply horrible.

This
Non-rectangle screens only work if literally everything is designed specifically for them. Documents are not and neither are movies, clips or photos taken with that phone

>cropping all of the corners to be curved
>black notch covering parts of the screen
wtf why would they not just have very thin bezels which don't crop the screen and allow space for cameras and shit