What do you guys have against Fedora?

What do you guys have against Fedora?

Other urls found in this thread:

fedoraproject.org/wiki/Networking/CLI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I love it. I wish I not literally on the red hat cock because I hate systemD but I'd be lying if I didn't think my setup is comfy.

I don't even know why it is a meme...

Nothing, I used Fedora for 5 years when I started with Linux until I switched to Arch. I still recommend Fedora as a beginner distro

Objectively it's probably the best binary distro (note the binary you retards, that excludes gentoo)
It's easy to deploy onto any number of machines, it has every development library you would need, the server install is just as minimal as a distro like arch but with a fully functional yet hands off installer, it's a freedumbs compliant distro but rpm fusion has drivers and codecs etc, copr is better than ppas and just slightly worse than the aur, and they don't brand their packages (other than maybe gnome but who cares)
The only real cons are that if you use nvidia you're stuck with the free drivers.
It's also very easy to install and that would annoy autists, especially because it sets up luks automagically with separate home and / partitions, archies like spending and 7 minutes typing out all the commands for that.

I'd wish that the company where I work could move to this (fuck, 99% of the time it's only mail and internet, and even for that they use WinXP and pirated Outlook).

I don't, I'm using it right now.

Heterosexuality.

Serious question what is the best email client for lunix these days since thunderbird is dead as fuck?

it's literally called fedora

Ubuntu is a far better user-friendly linux system and the name doesn't make me cringe (also has far more good software available for it)

Dnf is terrible compared to yum, updates are too frequent, runs gnome terribly. Centos is a lot better.

it's not manjaro

>dnf worse than yum
Are you smoking crack?

Evolution, Geary, Claws Mail (claws mail is actually kinda shit though)

Dnf is sloooooooooow. Yum does everything 10x faster.

>Dnf is terrible compared to yum
this is wrong in pretty much every conceivable way.

I actually went the other way. I was on Arch for a few years then switched to Fedora for a year. This year, I became more autist and went with Void. No systemd, super fast, great package management on Void, but of recommend Fedora to non-autists

Are you sure you don't have that backwards or is your memory just that fucked?

Because it isn't Arch

>The only real cons are that if you use nvidia you're stuck with the free drivers
But youre not. You can install proprietary with rpm fusion

Distro existed before the meme did you fucknuckles

Fedora is objectively the best desktop, install it and it works, distro imo

No shit retard, that doesn't make the name any less terrible.

That's worse

Used fedora and it took 30 seconds for a simple thing like neofetch to run

Cent does it in 2.

Would you prefer it being called Snapback or Trilby then, smart-arses?

nah, dnf is the slowest package manager I've used. Droped the distro because of it.

both of those are infinitely better than fedora

I went to Ubuntu gnome a few months back after unity's death was announced, and I like it. I have a msata drive coming from amazon and might try Fedora. It's just a 4chinz and media consumption machine.

I use Kmail on KDE

How about you just use the OS instead of giving a meme that much control over your computing?

Less packages than Ubuntu

I used to use Fedora 10 though like back in 2008-2009

Seeing screenshots of KDE 4 makes me nostalgia hard

Would you use a distro called "IAmAMassiveFaggot"? The name means a lot more than you think it does.

Don't answer that btw, rhetorical question.

Honestly it feels like anyone who wants to go to Void would have a better time going to Gentoo.

nothing. It's an average distro. Better than brokenSUSE but worse than Ugubuntu.
My main concerns are: slow as fuck package manager and bleeding edge Pottering shovelware which I don't want to beta-test befoe it's good enough for other distros. Same with Wayland.

leonard poettering is cancer
also the name (this is stupid, i know but still..)

It's good don't listen to the autistic children on this board

i kind of want to switch from xubuntu to fedora+xfce but i am just too lazy for it right now

Selinux is too annoying for everyday use.

When there is a developed distro actually named that or anything resembling it i'll get back to you.

Assuming you are using GNOME, Wayland is fine to be used as a daily driver over xorg. I mean Ubuntu will be using it in the next release.

There is nothing wrong with the name Fedora unless all your friends are redditors.

>Sup Forums is filled with childish meme machines that don't want to be associated with balkan tap dancing jokes

FreeBSD is systemD free

I just made a fedora server vm. I checked the network interface in the installer and it checked out.
After installation, I had no internet. Even after rebooting a few times I had no internet.
I followed this article: fedoraproject.org/wiki/Networking/CLI
That was absolute bullshit. Who the fuck things that is an acceptable way for making a network connection.. did they build dhcpc off of mysql?
After following those instructions, the internet didnt work even after reboot.
I then deleted the entire vm, went through the install process again doing the exact same thing.
This time however the internet works.
I installed the package I as looking for, navigated to its folder to find its not there. I spend 10 minutes dicking around on google, installing all kinds of shit looking for it. I then rerun the install command and it confirms the installation again.
mfw it didn't actually install it the first time

My entire week has been like this so I don't even give a fuck anymore.
the cli looks pretty though. I want to like it.

I do want to add though, as someone whos used arch exclusively for 5 years now, for me to finally say something is bullshit sorta stands out to me.

I haven't tried it since maybe version 19, but my experience with it was it was more work than Ubuntu LTS, and its installer was shit.

evolution if you must use exchange, sylpheed is comfy and light if you dont mind the freeze while it fetches emails, claws mail if you dont like sylpheed.

Red Hat cancer.

I used CentOS a lot at uni and it was nice. It's a nice intermediate between Ubuntu's easy to use bloated mess and Arch's streamlined pain in the ass.

I like centos a lot too. It really fits the "intermediate" description well.

geary is an imap crippleware client

>gnome
>systemd
>shit package management
>red hat beta tester

I like it a lot, but I actually just switched back to Debian because it's fontconfig settings actually work. Default Fedora fonts are too blurry, but I can set the legacy LCD filter in Debian and save my eye.

systemd

>all that and it's still the best linux desktop
fuck

No it isn't. You just need to get better.

Nothing, it's great, use it myself.

Never used it.
It makes me think of pugsley.

It's pretty great actually, their XFCE spin hasn't broken on me unlike xubuntu.