Oh

Oh
Okay...

>t. apple

>this damage control

ONE THOUSAND US DOLLARS

I could get a hooker, blow, and still have money to blow on a 5 star restaurant with that kind of money and I'm middle class.

I payed $575 for my s8, that is after tax.

If you say so, USA Today!

How can they even begin to justify making it cost this much. It should be like a smack in the face of the consumer.

i don't think it's that much. i'm on my iphone 6 for 3 years now and i can see the iphone x lasting me 3 more years. hell, i could hold onto my iphone 6 for another year with no problems.

1000 isn't too bad if you don't change your phone every year. i can still sell my iPhone 6 for 250 over craigslist so it would realistically only cost me 750 to upgrade.

Nigga my $300 Zenfone 2 is 2.5 years old and it runs with no lag and lasts all day on a single charge

Expensive phones are a meme

expensive is relative to what you can afford. 750 for a phone that lasts me 3 years isn't expensive to me.

It's a good way to waste money. Rich people don't stay rich by wasting money

It's expensive if you can get a phone that does everything your iphone does for less than half the price.
It's a luxury item for retards. ez pz.

I payed 43 dollars + shipping for my xiaomi note 4 and got a nikon p900 for 75 dollars its not a dslr camera but gets the job done.

Also my old Xperia z had the AR meme years ago

You're not the average Apple user.

The average Apple user upgrades when a new phone comes out. Next year there will be a better iPhone (probably more expensive too) and these people are looking ahead with dread.

Well, I'm like him, still on an iPhone 6 Plus, and I wouldn't pay that much. I draw the line when my phone costs more than my desktop.

If you can't afford to buy things with your money then you aren't rich

but it can't do everything other phones do, i like ios and im comfortable with it, i've tried android, i never liked it. if samsung releases a phone with ios i'd give it a shot but it ain't happening.

that's kind of a dick assumption to make. so rich people don't buy luxury cars? watches? properties? rich people don't buy things that depreciate in value? c'mon, don't be that guy.

If you waste your money then you may not be rich for long.

Look at most of the people who win Lotto

>jews

>but it can't do everything other phones do, i like ios and im comfortable with it, i've tried android, i never liked it. if samsung releases a phone with ios i'd give it a shot but it ain't happening.
It can send messages, use the internet, install third party programs (apps), has a camera and a microphone. Everything else is just a gimmick and no gimimck is worth 1k sorry.

Rich people spend their money smartly, so even if they can afford the new AMG S Class they still get the 2 year old off lease diesel S class instead

Lol please give up already with your bullshit. How is spending 1/3 of my salary on a phone going to make me poor?

Seriously even paying 500$ for a fucking phone is too much. And that's double that

>How is spending 1/3 of my salary on a phone going to make me poor?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>So cheap because it does everything!

But please also buy our ipad, macbook pro, mac pro, and apple tv for all of your computing needs!

i don't even go past 150-200$
there's no fucking point unless you're one of those normie addicts who plays like 10 different variations of angry birds and has them open all the time along with 3 more messaging apps and other shit

Most people won't buy it for $1k... they'll just pay $50 monthly... how can you not afford that...

You fags don't blink before spending $700 a video card or VR setup but go ballistic over a $1000 phone that plays games, has augmented reality, is more powerful than 6 Nintendo Switches and you use constantly all day long.
Seriously, get some perspective.

>1/3 of my salary
>on a FUCKING PHONE

every day we stray further from god's light...

okay that's your personal opinion and i'm okay with that. I think it's kind of worth it, im still thinking of upgrading, but i wouldn't mind with the nicer screen and the smoothness of ios.

okay dude if you say so, there's really not much i can say. i don't know how 'rich' people spend their money. i'm worth over a million and i spend my money on whatever i feel like.

Good goy, spend $30 extra a month for 36 months on that phone plan

you end up paying way more if you do shit like that and you're still spending > 1k on a fucking phone.

Bad spending habits are bad spending habits.

>A locked down spying device that plays terrible mobile games
Wow so worth a grand already!

>I'm not worth over a million
>I spend my money however I feel like
>like on the latest shiny iToy worth a third of my monthly salary
Wew lad

Applefags have to finance their phone like a car, lol

Why do you care so much about how others spend their own money?

yeh it's my opinion but it's also a fact
if having a nicer screen and the 'smoothness of ios' is worth $700 for you then alright.
you should come over to my home and I'll give you a smooth ice cream for $400. None like it, i swear.

you're grouping up the responses incorrectly, im not the 1/3salary guy.

It is overpriced for what it is. Apple is asking that much entirely on brand name. They have a killer profit margin on that phone. They make Nvidia and Intel envious by comparison.

Besides, the majority of iPhone are pay through cellular plan services over time.

I agree with him. Apple should charge $2000 for a phone that requires you to participate in your own surveillance.

TMobile will buy back my iPhone 6 for a $300 credit towards this $1000 phone.

$700 financed over 24month contract is like $29. Add tax and (((fees))), and it's still not that bad.

>Sup Forums is where emotion & dogma overrun logic

But yeah, tell me how I need to be rich and stupid to get good tech.

I don't care, but it's very amusing for me. All my friends and family are well-off but smart with their money. I have heard that people like you exist, but I don't get to see you fucks too often.

Thanks for contributing to our economy, I guess.

>financing a fucking phone
What a world we live in

ITT: kids being butthurt their parents won't buy the new iPhone for them

also you need to be 18 years old to post here

> You fags don't blink before spending $700 a video card or VR setup
Who? It's way over the top for most people.
> a $1000 phone that plays games
F2P button-mashing repetitive garbage.
> has augmented reality
Gimmick right now, they test it before releasing the glasses.
> is more powerful than 6 Nintendo Switches
So fucking what? There are no Nintendo tier games on it. It will be obsolete in 3 to 4 years, meanwhile Vita is better than ever.

>I need to be rich and stupid to get good tech.
that's the secret
It's not good tech, you're just getting ripped for standard tech.
you feel like it's good tech because you have what is called cognitive bias
>I payed 1k for this phone it must be amazing!

sorry i don't like ice cream enough to pay $400 for it. maybe if it was in my personal opinion and I was an ice cream connoisseur, 400 would be a steal.

this is getting ridiculous, I can't believe one phone can cause so much controversy for you guys.

This is how poor people stay poor

only a kid would spend that much money on a phone

> oops dropped 1k into a manhole
> oops someone stole my 1k phone better get another
> oops screen broke well good luck my dad is rich am i right?

Nigga, your standard Samshit costs over $1000 in Canada. Whenever they launch this shit up here you're gonna have to fuckin mortgage it.

Or I could outright pay the $700.
I'm upper middleclass, work as a software developer, and my gf makes even more than I do.
I own my home and have a manageable car payment.
Not everyone on Sup Forums is 16 and poor.

>A phone that is more powerful than half of the poorfags that browse this website's shitty toshiba sattelite.

It's like you fucking niggers have zero respect for engineering in general.

Tbh i get more envious when i see people get a crazy good deal on something than when they buy something overpriced.

It's not the phone, it's just funny how apple can charge whatever the hell they like and people still defend it.
Even worse.. they still buy it.

>standard samshit over $1000
I think you're confusing a standard phone with a flagship

>Muh spying device meme
>Literally was about to go to Supreme Court to battle for customer privacy

Lagdroid fags pls go

>drops phone

>upper middle class
And spending $700 on a phone when a $400 phone can do the exact same shit is how you won't stay upper middle class for long

Dude the phone I have costed 250$ it's a jiayu s3 and I have it 2.5years its running 7.1.2 with no issues...
It's always and will always be about showing off the wealth for these guys.

>powerful
How many VMs are you running on your beefy $1000 phone?

Then a nigger steals it and you are paying a phone you don't have

>Why would so buy a $5000 synthesizer when a $200 Casio at Walmart can do the same thing????

I am looking forward to this phone. Can you imagine how many of you cracker faggots are going to be robbed now? A phone that expensive is going to make beating robbing little white faggots all the more profitable.

Snowden documents show that apple was one of the most eager companies to sell your butt out.
They did that supreme court shit as a publicity move.

Jiayu was my first chinese phone brand. God do i miss it, i fucking loved it.

So you use Find My IPhone to find and kill him and take your phone back.

It's simple really.

because other people have different opinions then you? that maybe, just maybe, what you find appealing or of value, is not the same as other people?

it's as if I were vegan and complaining about how i can't understand how you meat eaters can pay good money to kill poor innocent animals for their flesh! the monstrosity!

Nope only kids, NEETs and people who dropped out of high school and work minimum wage thinks 1k is a lot of money

>comparing professional equipment to a personal cellphone

>inb4 "i-i'm a cell phone connoisseur!!!"
lmao get a life kiddo

>he thinks there's a huge difference between phones when everything's moving towards webapps

Unless you're a professional, why would you seriously spend that kind of money on a synth? Almost as bad as those audiophiles with their $10k headphones

yeah
something that expensive walking around won't be good news to anyone carrying it.

It's still alive...getting Oreo in a matter of days
Changed the battery and it's like new.

yeah, my 250$ Galaxy Grand from 2013 is running 7.1.2 as well
no problem whatsoever but whenever i feel like changing it i'm not spending more than 200 bucks, there's no point for me

i thought I was a major faggot for spending $300 on a oneplus 3t. Are people trolling me about spending $1000 for a 64gb phone? phuck me

The thing is that there is an objective measure.
The hardware isn't that good.

You are paying out the ass for 'design' and brand.
If you like that it's alright but don't blame me for laughing at you.

I have a phone now. I'm going to trade it in for $300. It was nice while I had it.
Tech gets better all the time. It's not free. I didn't need an Audi. I could've got the Prius or Corolla.
We all make decisions and live by them.
I also didn't slack off at school or work and now my time is valued by my employer. I could throw a rock and get interviewed by 6 other tech firms this week if I wanted to.
I do value money. I invest conservatively, but I am going to spend on shit that I like, once every 2yrs.

Honestly I thought Apple would have the gall to ask $1500 for this flagship phone.
I'm kind of relieved it's only $1k.

1k for a phone is a lot of money.
$100 for a pizza is a lot of money.
$1 for shit is a lot of money.
you get this ?

Exactly dude..if you got a nice community supporting and updating android for it..why would you want a new phone...just to do things like 2 secs faster?

>he bought a glorified Jetta instead of a real luxury car
Have fun when those timing chain guides wear out in 100k kms and the shop needs to rip apart the entire fucking front end of the car to change them

Sure thing kiddo, and my dad works at Nintendo

>Audi

You're probably right. It's a Q5 btw.
Should've got the RX350, actually.

This is how much I have left each month after expenses.

I can afford it sure. But fuck apple they can lick my dirty sweaty post Irma taint!

Im taken offline for two days and this is the shit news I get.

>a phone that is more powerful

Lost

that's only if you place value on the 'hardware'. I place value on the experience. i've tried android, the lag drove me insane. maybe that's changed now over the years but im happy with ios and i don't see a point in changing.

good hardware is time dependent the iphone X has the best benchmarks right now because it's the newest, and it'll lose eventually so 'hardware' is a meme, there is no best hardware that stands up to time.

alright dude, you are a pretty petty person if you are going to judge peoples characters based on what phone they like. you must be so fun to hang around with. do you talk shit about this way to friends if they don't like the same food as you?

I spent $150 on my last phone and I was displeased because I thought that was a pretty steep price.

Then again...if you make like 10k per month..fuck it you can buy shit you don't really need. Yeah

Please move to a better location. My federal taxes are tired of bailing you out.

Fuck that, I always buy outright because I can afford it and it's cheaper in the long-run

RX is the vastly superior CuckUV, I don't know why more crossover shoppers don't buy them

Don't get into debt for a fucking phone

I don't think the fact that you are middle class affects the price of hookers, cocaine, and five-star restaurants, so I'm not sure how that's relevant.

You say you like Ios but nothing is forcing you to pay 1k for a phone that can run IOS.

That is just not the case. You can buy an old Iphone6 Iphone7 and get pretty much the same shit.

I'm petty, but I respect people I deem worthy of respect.

now explain why its worth getting over a S8 which has more features, is cheaper, and has a better screen

There are only so many ways to increase profits, when you have to raise prices because there is nothing else, it means you've hit the bottom of the growth barrel

>tfw the newest GLI is just an Audi with a different front end
always brings a smile to my face when i see 2 of them at a red light

Has a shitty fruit logo so you can let everyone in the ghetto know you're rich

Haven't you ever noticed how all iPhone cases have a cutout for the logo?

>the iphone X has the best benchmarks right now
Those have already been called bullshit by experts. They chose a test that is blatantly biased and shows nothing in terms of real performance.