/tosg/ - TempleOS General

EXILE OF TERRY A. DAVIS EDITION

Last Thread: FAQ
>What is TempleOS?
TempleOS (formerly J Operating System, SparrowOS and LoseThos) is a biblical themed lightweight operating system created over the span of a decade by programmer Terry A. Davis.
>How did TempleOS start?
Development for TempleOS began in 2003 after Davis suffered from a series of manic episodes that left him briefly hospitalized for mental health issues.
Davis is a former atheist who believes that he can "talk with God" and that God told him the operating system he built was God's official temple. According to Davis TempleOS is of 'Divine' intellect due to the inspired nature of the code. According to Davis, God said to create the operating system with 640x480, 16 colors display and a single audio voice. The operating system was coded in a programming language developed by Davis in C/C++ called "HolyC". The OS runs a file system called "Red Sea".
>What can TempleOS do?
TempleOS deliberately has no network support. It runs 8-bit ASCII with graphics in source code and has a 2D and 3D graphics library, which run at 640x480 VGA with 16 colors. The OS contains numerous embedded biblical references including a program called AfterEgypt which allows users to "communicate with God" through an oracle.

USEFUL LINKS
Official website: templeos.org/
Download TempleOS: templeos.org/Downloads/TOS_Distro.ISO

Other urls found in this thread:

templeos.org/Videos/170913CdMountBugPart1.mp4
youtube.com/channel/UCPy21IVhu-875GSMdQsSBkQ/videos
timelines.issarice.com/wiki/Timeline_of_TempleOS
vid.me/WtM9x
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hopefully this thread stays up

id fuck his ass

How long do you guys think Terry is going to stay homeless?

indefinitely.

Is he kill?

What happened? Did his parents kick him out?

Nah. He gets a crazy check. He wont starve or anything like that. He may even get himself an apartment at some point but i think he wants a car right now. He might be trying to get out of town maybe to some place new. Can't blame him.

Yeah, he got in an argument with his dad and he got kicked out.

>I got kicked-out of my parent's house. I got in a fight with my Dad, went to jail then mental hospital. I'm adapting to being homeless. Hope to get a car to live in but no loan yet.
I'm guessing it has something to do with the newly-purchased drumset and Terry's fucked up sleep schedule. He probably called his dad a CIA nigger and his mom a bitch or something

>I got kicked-out of my parent's house. I got in a fight with my Dad, went to jail then mental hospital.
>I'm adapting to being homeless. Hope to get a car to live in but no loan yet.
poor Terry, i was looking forward to his drum covers. at least he's still chasing down those templeOS bugs

And how is Terry still posting on his site if hes adapting to being homeless?

he's not wrong. those pathetic cucks defend their nigger pets every chance they get

All Terry tried to do was get his dad's balls back.

He's on a laptop at a restaurant or coffee shop, watch his newest video

jesus, hope his neetbucks can get him an apt

wheres his new channel? The last one i followed got deleted

I would pay several hundred dollars to see TAD sitting in a Starbucks mumbling to himself about CIA niggers

templeos.org/Videos/170913CdMountBugPart1.mp4

> mfw people want to use a shitty OS made by a religious dumbass

well you could buy a one way ticket to wherever you live and he could live with you forever

>id fuck his ass
email him

Guess he didn't like moving to Las Vegas. Maybe he met the "I can break these cuffs" guy in the homeless shelter.

God will lead Terry to where he needs to be.

For a man that despises mobile computers, I wonder what kind of laptop he bought.

A Thinkpad, obviously. The man's a fucking genius.

why is there a date on his plates?
rental?

It might be a temporary plate (expires Oct 13), and the owner has to get his own plate by then, and update his car insurance.

>in Nevada you have 30 days to register your new car with the DMV. You'll get a temporary plate until then. In 2015 the DMV says those temporary plates are changing to combat fraud.

>not living in a mobile hacker minivan creating god's third temple
why even boot my thinkpad anymore?

Where can I donate money to him?

why?

it'd be like fucking a skeleton wrapped in leather. no thank you

Why did they let him out of the mental hospital

because someone has to pay for each day you spend in a ward and it's way overpriced

fucking inept jim single-handily fucked over terry for jewtube views, it makes me fucking sick

who?

Homeless and mentally ill. How long before he's sucking dicks for bags of coke ?

I'm going to end up like him aren't I...

A programming God? You wish

>life revolves around programming
>severely mentally ill
>battling with homelessness

He doesn't have any beard on his neck

Good thing I don't either, but I have his physique (skinnyfat), I'm genuinely scared of becoming him

Clearly this was a private hospital and not a one for the public

i've already done the homeless hacker route for a few years, it's not so bad. i was in silicon valley and there's a large population there of hackers living in cars/vans/RVs/whatever and lots of nice starbucks to sit in.

Is there a new YouTube channel that is publishing his new videos? I don't mind downloading the mp4s from hit site, but that last YouTube channel was convenient, and served as an archive as well since Terry only keeps a few videos uploaded at a time.

This was the last channel, active until he went on hiatus. It does not include the 3 most recent videos when he came back.

youtube.com/channel/UCPy21IVhu-875GSMdQsSBkQ/videos

Was the person who created this channel uploading the videos manually, or can a script be written to automate it?

That channel uses a script

The script must not be active any more. Anyone know how to set that up? Or the person to contact to reactivate this one?

I've heard of this. Are property values just too high user? Makes me think of little programmer fiefdoms working for giant ZOG kingdoms.

I just sent a message via YouTube to the channel admin. Hopefully the script can be reactivated!

I would say most of the people living in their vehicles there are unemployable and working on some open source thing or failed startup. There are a lot of young guys playing at being startup hackers or saving money or trying to live off the grid or whatever as well. If you work for a company there you can afford an apartment, it's not that bad.

>tfw working in a failed startup at one of the most expensive cities in the country

Where is he going to sleep?
idk how homelessness works in america

He's gonna sleep in his car, use public restrooms, eat fast food, and use wifi at starbucks. He might still have a key to his parent's house, so it's possible he'll stop by when they're not home to shower or something along those lines.

HI I'M FORMER BIGGEST Sup Forums CELEB IN THE WORLD, TERRY DAVIS. AND AS YOU MAY KNOW, I AM TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY INSANE. I LIKE TO YELL AT MY PARENTS WITH MY SHIRT OFF. SOMETIMES I LIKE TO STEAL OTHER PEOPLES SOURCE CODE. HOW DO I STAY SO CRAZY? TEMPLE OS! IT'S THE OS GOD HAS INTENDED, NEXT THING YOU KNOW YOU'LL BE UP ON TOILET, POOPING ON THE TOILET WHILE PROGRAMMING

hipster mode terry
wonder if some people behind him went "R U HACKING???"

>LoseThos

also,
>buying him a drum set

>startup hackers
What's this user? I'd hacking startups really that big of an industry and why do they need to be so close?

I might just be a dumbass who hasn't experienced reality, but this sounds pretty nice. And it might be one of my only options. Could you talk more about how it went for you? I figure you'd have to live in somewhere like Silicon Valley to make it less regular-homeless.

He won't need to go back there again. He can shower for free at the ymca or pay a dollar to shower at truck stops.

I meant creating a startup by "hacking" as in coding. Not penetrating security of startups. Lots of young dudes working on websites etc.

It wasn't really nice, it was constantly stressful and turned into a blur. It's always uncomfortable to sleep and hard to find food and eat. There are ways to do it that aren't as bad like living in an RV but then you need a lot of money for gas. I kind of regret not just getting a tech job and saving up money instead of trying to avoid working completely, it was kind of a waste of time. The only really good thing that came out of it is that I'm a lot stronger of a person and not afraid to be homeless again.

>terry is homeless
What the fuck

I ignore the templeos anime for a few weeks and shit gets turned up to 11

He has gone through so much mental anguish.

After the fight with his dad, Terry said he went to jail and then to the mental hospital. So, for what reasons may he have been jailed?

He must have physically assaulted his dad, perhaps as a result of a psychotic episode. Against the law --> jailed. You don't go to jail over arguments. So, then he goes to the mental hospital to be evaluated as to why this happened. His medications get reviewed and adjusted accordingly.

After the assault, his dad kicks him out. And now, here we are.

Now that he's out more I wonder if he'll get laid.

>i take everything Sup Forums says seriously
become anhero pls

In his van video, Terry said he was very popular in the mental hospital. Think he is well known to other crazy people?

metokur

tranny a. davis

Well, he's funny. And he looks like Daniel Day-Lewis.

run the baby version through the female filter to fix the skin and i'd give him the cum sauce

Does anyone know where I can find meaningful, adult conversations about Terry without the memes and edginess?

You can start one.

Anytime Terry gets discussed outside Sup Forums his life gets ruined by normies

irc rizon #templeos

I have a theory. Perhaps the drum set isn't what ultimately got him kicked out, as many seem to believe. Perhaps it was moreso a culmination of all of contact, whether it be good-hearted or ill-willed, all piled into the same lump that his dad said "enough is enough". This compounded with an alleged assault on his father.

Shit...criminal records are public. I just searched "las vegas criminal records" and couldn't come up with much. If Terry went to jail, then he should be in the system.

Does anyone know what the "A" in Terry A. Davis stands for?

It's "Terrence Andrew Davis" according to

timelines.issarice.com/wiki/Timeline_of_TempleOS

I thought Terry stopped drinking though

Cops probably slightly aware of Terry's existance, maybe from a traffic ticket or because he sits on the streets calling nogs niggers.

His dad was probably frustrated and worried, could have called the cops on his son and they could've held him in the drunk pen or something for a bit until he calmed down or was taken to the mental hospital. Maybe he didn't go to jail at all and the "jail" was just an intermediate area between home and hospital that the mental hospital holds new people in until they're assigned a room.

Terry is a peaceful man, he would never harm anyone who isn't one of those glow in the dark CIA negros.

Good take on this. Definitely a plausible scenario.

I tried looking up public arrest records in Las Vegas but couldn't find anything for Terry, unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.

Fix op next time
>How did TempleOS start?
Development for TempleOS began in 2003 after Davis suffered from a series of manic episodes that left him briefly hospitalized for mental health issues.
Davis is a former atheist who can talk with God. God told him the operating system he built was God's official temple. TempleOS is of 'divine' intellect due to the inspired nature of the code. God said to create the operating system with 640x480, 16 colors display and a single audio voice. The operating system was coded in a programming language developed by Davis in C/C++ called "HolyC". The OS runs a file system called "Red Sea".
>What can TempleOS do?
TempleOS deliberately has no network support. It runs 8-bit ASCII with graphics in source code and has a 2D and 3D graphics library, which run at 640x480 VGA with 16 colors. The OS contains numerous embedded biblical references including a program called AfterEgypt which allows users to communicate with God through an oracle.

Is this some sort of one-off licence plate that expires next month?

Would you guys open up your home for him?

No respect the milf terry

it wouldn't be reported if he wasn't charge with a crime.

> vid.me/TerryADavis
^ in case it wasn't post'd yet

glad he's back at liberty, was worried, 2 weeks standard stay at a ward.

irc rizon #christian

He deleted the dance video.

How much neetbux does he actually get? Is living off that actually feasible?

so he can play the drums all day and call me a nigger?

>Not wanting to be called a nigger by Terry

reports he's looking for a car
he'll be living in that & won't be homeless

maybe he was drumming it at 3am

vid.me/WtM9x

He's back home now?

vid doesn't play and link is 404

Works on my machine :^)

shit nvm it was just my browser. fuck this new vid.me fad

templeos link is 404 tho it might not be from yesterday

>he's too stupid to use software properly
>says software is shit

might be a temp one the dealership gives you before the real one arrives in the mail