Does a curved display have any real function?

Does a curved display have any real function?
This is a question to all smartphonefags, not just applecucks or droidpajeets.

Aesthetics are a function because they have a positive influence on brain activity.

>Aesthetics.
>Positive influence on brain activity.
Please explain what brain-dependent activities you do on your phone.
>inb4 watching youtube

what do you mean by "function"?

if the phone is more pleasing to use, doesn't that encourage the user to keep using the phone and get more done on it? is that not functionally advantageous?

seriously, what does "function" mean? what has no bearing whatsoever on function?

not really, it's just cool to look at

I mean, does it improve productivity in terms of actual usage?
Can you swipe on the side of the display or something to scroll?

Or is it just there because "OOOOO SHINY"?

>I mean, does it improve productivity in terms of actual usage?
Being more comfortable and nice to look at increases productivity. As for practical uses, it makes the phone more ergonomic and easier to hold.

It breaks quicker

That's complete ass shit. There is so much palm rejection issues that its annoying af. Also enjoy instant rekt when you drop the phone.

Try to write like an adult and dial the memes down a notch if you expect a response to this.

>I mean, does it improve productivity in terms of actual usage?
it's like you didn't understand the question i was asking and just restated your original post.

give me an example of something in a smartphone that you think isn't functionally advantageous, and i'll give you a counterargument that other people (and maybe even you) would agree with.

All activity is brain dependent.

Easier grip on large 5.5+"phones

In terms of functionality gimmicks like the curved edges always add something that somewhat improve the user experience, however they're mostly irrelevant on the grand scheme of things. They're not game changers and they're there just to differentiate the product from the competition, since nowadays all smartphones' hardware is mostly the same, especially when it comes to flagships.

You're on Sup Forums buddy

it's sexy

It's marketing, they can't think of anything else to do so we got curvy edges that look shiny and neat.
Really looks ugly desu and I'm sure when others actually realize how much a gimmick it is and how it makes the phone even less durable, they'll think it looks ugly af

Curves are less prone to crack vs hard edges

You're on Sup Forums, not Sup Forums. Also I'm not your buddy, pal.

Curved edges, especially glass, makes the device harder to hold and increases the chances that the user will drop it and the screen will crack.
This increases revenue in repairs and insurance.

No shit. Retard.

This show scared the shit out of me.

No they're just hip, i wish they would make fucking flat phones.

>Can you swipe on the side of the display or something to scroll?

A simple google search would tell you this information you useless cunt. Thats literally the whole point of the curved edge on the galaxy phones

It's a Samsung Meme but one that I don't mind since that helps develop the OLED and flexible diaplays technology further, besides, I don't use fucking Samsung phones.

Only poorfags buy Android

People who care about themselves will buy the iPhone x

Fuck off retard

it's only a gimmick until apple does it next year, then it will be revolutionary and courageous.

how much does apple pay you for this?

Did somebody say

>#courage

Apple is a revolutionary company

knowing apple hes probably from some shit country that doesnt have any wage laws and they probably pay 50 cents a day until he kills himself

has to be paid something worthwhile for him, i find it hard to believe anyone would have such brand loyalty that they would spend their spare time trying to shame people into buying a product.

>work in apple call center
> 90% of callers need their passwords reset because they cant follow the simple 'i forgot my password' link at the sign in page
>5% need repairs
>5% actual issues with a device

Apple fans are literally fucking retards that blindly follow the brand and deserve a terminal illness

Not true. You're fucking stupid. That was a principal used in armor agains sheer and blunt force, not in glass, and the angles used in phones are not the same as those used in armor, likewise materials are different as well. There is no geometry other than molecular that will increase the resilience of glass in the case of an impact.

no one makes curved display except samshit.
the others just make the glass edge curved os it's nice to touch.

Sharp edges have a better aesthetic, making them more functional.