HELP Sup Forums WHAT THE FUCK I GOT HIRED BY A COMPANY FOR A REAL JOB AND THEY ARE PAYING REAL MONEY AND ASKING ME TO...

HELP Sup Forums WHAT THE FUCK I GOT HIRED BY A COMPANY FOR A REAL JOB AND THEY ARE PAYING REAL MONEY AND ASKING ME TO DO REAL THINGS AND IM SCARED FUCK

just pretend everything is normal and that you know what you're doing

don't say ANYTHING

What did you get hired to do?

What does the job entail and what languages do you know?

Did you go to school? If so, what degree?

Thanks.

This was me a couple months ago.

I'm redesigning their entire app thing, and securing their shit, and shitting my pants on the daily

I only know a little bit of ruby

their app is a mix of python java and C

I know this is likely a troll thread, but 95% of jobs are showing up and leaving on time. The other 5% is just fetch quests.

>I only know a little bit of ruby
>their app is a mix of python java and C

Fuck you man. Ain't a troll thread. This happened to me when I got my first job after long NEET time. Not OP btw.

im pretty sure they're just dumb and hired me because I'm good at sounding smart but I actually have just copy/pasted stackoverflow stuff and like maybe 2/10 times it actually works, the rest gives me *something* to commit so I have good stats on 'lines edited' and such. So far nobody has not taken me seriously so thats good, but I don't fucking know if I can actually do what they hired me for even eventually.

HOW DO I LEARN PYTHON IN A WEEK?

come on man, you ignored me

im 3rd poster, pls respond anwer me

Welcome to the club buddy.

Codeacademy

I know a little bit of ruby and sql and also I've been using manjaro for the last 6 months. So I do know my stuff to some degree. They want their app redesigned, they paid freelancers to make this app and now they hired me as a full employee basically the main guy in charge of it

fuckkkkkk

If you know Ruby you'll be able to figure out Python from Stack Overflow and the official docs. Look up tutorials for particular stuff if you need.

Stay calm, fix a couple small but visible things to get started.

So basically most of Sup Forums including me.

Does that mean including frontend too? Hope you can do UI

man im scared to get a real job

How the heck are you guys able to land jobs like this when it requires C and you only know a little bit of Ruby and and you have to copy and paste code? Meanwhile neet who knows Linux command shell scripting in bash, and C, C++, and python, but I can't find anything. I can search on multiple jobs sites around this metro area for Linux and nothing at all turns up(although I'm in a literally where state)...there are a few Windows posts, but they all require a gorillion years of experience plus a masters plus every buzzword in the book plus they only pay minimum wage and to top it off the recruiter is a pajeet who has an extremely think accent.

nepotism

>can't do job
>apply for it
lol

My friend (who is friends with the ceo) told the ceo I'm good at computers

gotta be urself bro
be a go gettr !!!1

start on the python stuff, spend time reading it and getting to know how it works.

Depending on the seniority of the position you may not be expected to actually produce anything at all beyond documentation updates for 2-4 months.

try pretending to be a tranny or a minority

Just pretend you're doing something and shitpost all day
They wont notice.

>Got real job as IT technician
>Most of time what i do do to occasionally solve problems what normal IT interested guy solves with 2 clicks.
>Sometimes i reinstall software to new version.

Know that exact feel my dude.

kys retard

Oh look another macfag in the making. Soon you'll be posting in EDC threads with your rose gold Apple MacBook 12 and iPad Pro and Apple Watch and Apple EarPods. You won't have an iPhone yet because you're still waiting for the X to drop.

You'll denounce ThinkPads as being too plasticky and cracking around the corners and for having shitty battery life (for real tho) and you'll say in PMP threads that the Sansa Clip wasn't that good anyway.

Source: happened to me

how many girls you pick up with all that icrap?

>Sansa Clip wasn't that good anyway.

You fucking take that back.

Imma need that clip for my investigation thank you

To be honest I lost mine in a dressing room one day at the mall, fucking saleslady hid it when I came back for it

On one night stands I usually see girl's eyes light up when I take my MacBook out of my messenger bag. The best part might be that iOS supports more dating/hookup apps than Android and they work far better on iOS so there literally are more chances to fugg

Fake it until you make it. Start by doing the things you feel most comfortable with first. Eventually you'll get the hang of it. Or not...

But I believe in you user!

I see you're about to learn lesson number 1: 99% of software dev and IT is just googling things you don't know and pasting in a solution. Going to school for coding is retarded

This too. If you're polite, friendly, and show up on time, you're already better than 90% of employees. You just have to make it appear as if you're productive.

Networking. If you're applying to jobs with applications and resumes and shit, you're doing it wrong. Get a job through someone you know. If you don't know anyone, you fucked up hard and didn't make contacts in school (which is the whole point of college, the degree is mostly a participation award at this point)

fake it till you make it

get some testicles son

>get job as Junior Sysadmin
>expect hardcore linux usage & shit.
>in 1 month I have reinstalled 15 windowses and that's all I have done
>shitposting for above average wage

this

Yeah, happens to the best of us and then you end up working as IT consultant making lots of money but can't spend it because your job consists of keeping argumentative curryniggers in line who are physically unable to write a single coherent sentence ALL WEEK LONG.