Manjaro Linux thoughts?

What does Sup Forums think of Manjaro? I have a high-end PC and I'll be dual-booting Windows 10 for gayming but I'd like to have a nice looking, efficient operating system for everything else.

How are updates handled with community builds? I plan to use Deepin. Also will I have to reinstall the entire OS between major versions? Any way to share applications between Windows and Arch Linux so I'm not installing two versions of Discord/Steam/Firefox? I'd assume WINE but would I want to run any of those through WINE? Don't want to waste precious SSD space.

Do you have a High-DPI Display? If so then I'd recommend Plasma, works way better with 4K-Resolution.
All in all Manjaro is a very nice distribution, as fast as Arch but as convenient as Debian. Once you've installed the community-build updates are handled using the standard repository, so you'll be up to date pretty fast once updates come available.
Hardware support in Manjaro is superb in my experience, even closed-source drivers for graphics-cards for example just get installed/work straight out of the box.

>Any way to share applications between Windows and Arch Linux so I'm not installing two versions of Discord/Steam/Firefox?

Maybe you can symlink your configuration-folders so that the Linux-Version just uses the same config as the Windows installation of the programs. Just don't use wine. I'd rather just install the applications twice and sync between them. It's not like the applications themselves are very big and for steam, you'll have to install the Linux-Version of the games anyways.

3440x1440 (21:9 aspect ratio) 34 inch monitor. Not the highest DPI but reasonably high.

I was considering Plasma but I prefer the aesthetic of Deepin from what I've seen. I'll try both out and see how it all works. Thanks m8

Now that I think about it, why even worry about it when Windows is a bloated piece of shit that'll use 30x the space compared to my browser/torrent/discord/steam client will? Not worth losing sleep over 600mb of space. Even on a 120GB SSD

this

but make sure you are running newer AMD GPUs

I used Manjaro for a while and I thought it is really good. You have access to all the arch stuff like the AUR but the upgrades are delayed a couple of weeks. That way they get tested more and will not break your system when they are deployed

>planing to use a meme distro with a meme distro of a meme OS
Oh, boy, goodluck.

i used it for quite a while on my desktop, until it broke and my whole filesystem went read-only...

but i still love it, am using it again on a laptop rn

Just use Arch.

Excellent battery efficiency with its default setup. XFCE is good, but the way I use it, I may as well switch to i3, so I'm going to use Architect next time I install. I really don't care for going through the manual Arch process.

use arch

> can't copy some commands from the arch wiki

Used it for a while, the graphical package manager is good. Broke on me one day for no reason, can't remember for what. The reality is that Manjaro and the like have no work-driven backing and no consistent debugging. I'd probably use it as a testbed OS in a VM if I were looking for something to write stuff in linux, but only in a VM.

I used it originally because Ubuntu was giving me issues on my laptop with touchpad but everything Ubuntu based has that fixed now. If it's a high end PC maybe just virtualize it?

Retard.

>MUH SECRET OS
grow up you filthy manchild

Manjaro i3+polybar is the ultimate redpill.

I don't use Arch and I absolutely hate Arch but at least it's somewhat clean and you have the control over it. Manjaro and Antergos are just Arch with a shit ton of glue and duct-tape, maintained by dumb hobbyists. Use Arch Anywhere (or just kys desu) if you can't install Arch.

so edgy

Why do you hate Arch?

lol u mad broski?