/pcbg/ - PC Building general

if you want help:
>Assemble parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>State the budget for your build (and country if not USA)
>List games/software you use often, as well as your monitor resolution + refresh rate
>Clarify your goal for build improvements: lower price or improved specs?
How to assemble a PC, select components & more (outdated)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Build_a_PC

CPUs:
No i5 unless discounted
>G4560 - poverty-tier builds
>R3 1200 - Budget builds (R5 1400 - If you need multithreading
>R5 1600 - Best value for higher fps gaming / mixed usage
>R7/Used Xeon/Threadripper - Compute/Multitask/VM/mixed use, not for just gaming

GPUs:
Coin miners have driven price up and stock down, waiting to buy a GPU might be wiser
>VEGA
>Integrated CPU Graphics - Desktop stuff and very light games
>GTX 1050(Ti) - Lower end budget cards, drop settings on newer games, RX560 beaten by both
>RX570 - 1080p@60~hz maxed, running most maxed older games at 100~Hz
>RX580 and GTX1060 6GB - 1080p@80hz maxed, 1440p@60hz at lower settings; RX580 better in newer games
>GTX 1070 or Vega 56 - 1080p@130hz /1440p@60hz at high
>GTX 1080 - 1080p@144hz / 1440p@60hz maxed, 4k@60hz in a few games; Probably the highest end card you need for 1080p/1440p
>GTX 1080Ti - 1440p@144hz and 4k@60hz maxed/high in many games

RAM:
>Check your Mobo QVL before buying any RAM
>Ryzen CPUs benefits a lot from high speed RAM, 3200 MHz is ideal

General:
ALWAYS LOOK AT PRODUCT REVIEWS!
Always consider an SSD. Try buying a large SSD for what you'd pay for your SSD+HDD combined, and add a HDD later
NVMe SSDs aren't for a faster OS boot, they're for productivity/scratch disk/VMs. NVMe and M.2 are not the same thing, M.2 is a form factor

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/guides/2898-amd-phenom-ii-cpu-revisit-in-2017-x6-1090t-1055t?showall=1
youtube.com/watch?v=PXAHMRdGvMI
pcpartpicker.com/list/8JKQkT
youtube.com/watch?v=kGsbV2X749E&feature=youtu.be
youtu.be/SfTcJitmbZM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't be like me, if a hurricane is bearing down on your state don't just keep on gaymen. Unplug your shit, otherwise your gpu will get bricked at the minimum by the rolling brown outs.

What's the best budget x370 board with at least 8 sata ports for a R7?

Already have an AM4 compatible cooler so R7 1700x for better binned chips right?

Will most likely be only running 2666 ram but 4*16GB dimms, currently have 32gb DDR3 and I'm hitting over 20gigs when doing things.

Threadly reminder that there's literally no reason whatsoever to buy the G4560, if you're going to use a GPU then you can get a Ryzen 1200 system for the same cost, if you're not going to use a GPU then you can get a AM4 APU at like $50.

If you're truly on a poverty tier budget then you can buy a used Dell Optiplex with an i5 3570 at like $100-150 and add a PSU and GPU and get better performance in games than the G4560 when you add a GPU.

How well does a Phenom II X6 1055 holds up these days?
Could it be decent in further 2-3 years too?

Holds up as well as a FX6300 and worse than a FX8350, aka absolute shit.

R3 1200/1300 will do better.

But 6 cores and much to OC, is it really that bad?

It really is. more cores doesn't mean much if the architecture is garbage. That's WHY AMD's new Zen architecure that underpins the new Ryzen, Ryzen Threadripper, and Epyc CPUs such a leap forward.
An entry level AMD Ryzen 3 1200, a 4 core, 4 thread CPU, is capable of matching or outperforing an FX-8350, nevermind a Phenom II X6.

Installed an RX570 alongside a phenom X6 II the gpu was held back by the CPU. Was not the case with a Ryzen 1200... 25% on average performance gain.

gamersnexus.net/guides/2898-amd-phenom-ii-cpu-revisit-in-2017-x6-1090t-1055t?showall=1

Is a 144Hz monitor worth it when you don't play any games AT ALL?

The difference can be noticeable, but it's not really worth the money imo.

Just wanted to post this.
You will get playable fps (>30) in most games but ryzen 5 gives minimum the double.

What connectors do I use to power my asus strix 1080ti (will be ocing up to near 2gz core clock in the future). It needs 2x 8pin power connectors.

My PSU (Coolermaster 1000w silent pro) is a bit aged and only has 6 pin PCIE interface other than its proprietary 5pin. I've ordered a few cables, which ones are safe to plug into the card?

- 6 pin male to 6+2 pin male
- 2x 6 pin male to 6+2 pin male
- 6 pin male to 2x 8 pin male
- 6 pin female to 2x 6+2 pin male

I currently have the last one have in handy however supplying 2x 150w cables from a 75w interface seems like an extremely bad idea.

Or should I just buy a new PSU instead?

Pic related is what I currently have. There's no included 8-pin interface.

looking at cheap laptops
Is the difference between GeForce 940MX DDR3 and 940MX GDDR5 noticeable?

Why don't you look at MX150 laptops?

>tfw I can't get my RAM to run at 3200MHz
Why does life hurt so much

Price gap too big

>2x 6 pin male to 6+2 pin male
If you were to chance it, I guess this would be ideal for spreading the load as much as possible over different wires and maybe rails.

pls respond

They are going to take another full month to ship from China though

Seriously trying to resist temptation to plug 6pin to 2x 6+2pin right now

IntelĀ® Graphics is absolutely unusable even for browsing

Aorus k5

How low are we talking here?
MX150 laptops start at $609.99 without promo on newegg while 940MX laptops starts at $539.99 with promo and $595+ without

>Seriously trying to resist temptation to plug 6pin to 2x 6+2pin right now
I have a feeling you would want to resist that temptation if you value your PSU not exploding.
Also, make sure the wires you're ordering are actually legit and not some knockoff high gauge Chinese crap that is going to immediately short.

>s-stop buying i-intel

Is the crosshair vi worth the premium over the MSI gaming pro carbon?

show me a single Intel product worth buying at the moment.

Personally IMO if you're spending that much on a motherboard you might as well go HEDT

>if you're going to use a GPU then you can get a Ryzen 1200 system for the same cost,
The Ryzen system will be more expensive.

Fuck off nigger if you're purchasing a poorfag cpu like this better get a x4 950 for less and invest the rest of the money on a better gpu. BF1 won't even open with the pentium.

> HEDT
Not with that cpu usage

The Intel Pentium lineup offers similar performance to an R3 1200 for less cost. The 7700K is unmatched for gaming.
People that are new to the general should spend time lurking before making aggressive, absolutist statements.

The Ryzen 3 line up offers better value in the upgradability and the fact there's 4 physical cores.
Besides, NO ONE should buy a pentium. For the same price, you can buy a used i7 workstation, throw a new PSU and GPU at it and have a much better gaming PC.

LOL wut? you need to OC the x4 950 to 4.1GHZ to get comparable performance to the G4560 in BF1

youtube.com/watch?v=PXAHMRdGvMI

>i-it hurts!!

>you can buy used
not a valid argument

yes, it is. The only reason to buy a Pentium is if you're on a tight budget.
If you're on a tight budget, buying a used pre built is the best thing you can do for the budget.

>The Ryzen 3 line up offers better value in the upgradability
An important consideration for the user.
>and the fact there's 4 physical cores.
This matters somewhat less. We're already tapping out 4 threads. It's not a situation like the R5s or R7s, where there is hope of future performance improvement. The R3s performance limits are what you see today.
>For the same price, you can buy a used i7 workstation
Not everyone wants a used machine with limited warranty that's not built to their spec.
Notice the general name? "PC Building general".

I'll tell you what I told you... yesterday? You can find plenty of *NEW* prebuilt machines, gleaming clean and with 1-2 year warranties, fantastic deals. People refuse them here.
If you were interested in showing prebuilts, I advise you find those deals to post here. I've seen KBL i5 machines with SSDs going for $400.

The i5 3570 isn't Intel? Why are you in this thread if you're this tech illiterate?

I'm about to take the dive.
pcpartpicker.com/list/8JKQkT

Any suggestions before I drop dat ca$h?

>I'll tell you what I told you... yesterday?
I'm a different user, user.

>overclocking helps with low 1%!
No it doesn't, got literally same results since the 1070 was the bottleneck.

If you intend on overclocking the chip yourself, get a 1700.
You probably don't need an X370 MB.
You don't need an 850W PSU based on the components here.

Apologies.

That cooler is overkill..
Change the 2TB Barracuda for the 3TB. better value for the money.
Beyong that, looks pretty.

is that a floppy penis

That's the state of Florida.

Ahahah, 'murifags don't know shit how to protect their stuff. That's pretty obvious to plug shit out turning any storm, even with proper protection, UPS, line filters, etc.

If you buy the absolute chepaest piece of shit components, yes. The G4560 costs $90 on Amazon and $100 on Newegg, the 1200 costs $105. The cheapest Intel B250 and AM4 A320 mATX motherboards costs $50, add $10 bucks more to the AMD motherboard and you get overclocking capabilites. If you can't stretch your budget with 15 bucks to get a vastly superior system then you probably shouldn't be looking at buying a new system in the first place and should buy used.

Did some more research on the
Asus Prime X370-Pro
Gigabyte AX370 Gaming K5

The X370-Pro has some really bad reviews, flaky bios updates, LEDs and boards out right dying, but has better VRMs but subpar ram compatibility?

The AX370 gaming K5 has BLCK (I don't really mind) less VRMs which isn't an issue as I'm not trying to hit max clocks but users report that they get really hot, also bios doesn't have proper voltage settings but better ram compatibility.

I really don't have the budget to shoot for a C6H or a Taichi as I've already stretched my budget quite a bit as I was originally looking at the AB350 Gaming 3 $94 but the shared NVME that disables 2 of the 6 sata irks me while the X370 gets 8 sata + NVME.

1700 is only $30 cheaper than the 1700x here, so I'm set on the 1700x for better binned chips and better stock clocks. I already have a compatible cooler so I have no need for the stock one on the 1700.

They don't sell the Gaming 5 here just the K5/K7 and the K7 is $216 compared to the K5s $159 while the X370-Pro is $162 next step up on the Asus side is the STRIX X370-F Gaming for $200 and has reports of being wildly unstable.

MSI doesn't have 8 sata even on their top end Titanium. AsRock only has 8 sata on the Taichi which costs $234 here.

I don't need the dual lan, wifi, dual audio or other gimmicks.

It wasn't this frustrating when I got my E3 Xeon 2~3 years ago, just picked up a Z97 forced multiplier to max on all cores and everything worked perfectly. Trying to upgrade because I need the cores, and will probably hit the 32gb ram limit soon.

>G4560 costs $90 on Amazon
You can get a G4600 for $85 in the US.
The difference in games between a G4600 and an R3 is very small, with the G4600 occasionally ahead.
>to get a vastly superior system
The R3 isn't vastly superior compared to a G4600 in gaming. They are, in fact, generally close. The big reason to spring $20 is for the platform support in the future, not really the performance. And that's a very user-specific interest.

Yes it is

>The R3s performance limits are what you see today.
Yes, that performance is much better than the G4560, especially outside of video games and for multitasking, for like 15 bucks more than what the G4560 currently go for. The only reason for why the G4560 got recommended over the 1200 is the iGPU and that point is moot now when AM4 APUs have been released for a much lower price than the G4560. And no, the performance isn't the focus for cheap APUs, it's to get on a modern platform so you can upgrade in the future.

>Notice the general name? "PC Building general".
People aren't building their own PCs because they like to tinker, they build them because they offer better value than prebuilds in 99% of cases. The G4560 offers no value whatsoever, especially not with its shit upgrade path.

>I'll tell you what I told you... yesterday? You can find plenty of *NEW* prebuilt machines, gleaming clean and with 1-2 year warranties, fantastic deals. People refuse them here.
Then I'll tell you what I told you yesterday before the thread 404'd, show me a new $300 prebuilt that has a 1050Ti and I'll start recommending that to people. Until then, getting a Dell Optiplex for $100-150, a 1050Ti for $150 and a PSU for $30-40 is infinitely better value, especially since you can just sell the Dell and use the PSU and GPU when you upgrade to a system in the future that doesn't have a crippled upgrade path.

I dunno about upgrading man, the masses will do just fine with a vanilla 1050 + G4560 for their CS:GO, Overwatch, and Rocket league and by the time they would want to upgrade, we'd be on DDR5

>Anime
Hi!
Go to hell.

>and that point is moot now when AM4 APUs have been released for a much lower price than the G4560
They also have atrocious performance when paired with a dGPU, while the Pentium does not. People usually want to use actual, discrete GPUs with their systems ITT. Uncommon to see people relying on the iGPU here.
>it's to get on a modern platform so you can upgrade in the future.
This is a super-specific requirement that many people will adamantly *not* want for their system. "Buy a crappy CPU you won't be happy with so you can stick with it for months on end while you build up the cash to buy a CPU worth having"? You will find very few takers. Don't even pretend that there are masses of people entering this thread looking for that specific use case. That's frankly bizarre, and probably a bad idea anyway.
>People aren't building their own PCs because they like to tinker
Continue recommending prebuilts. You'll find few people interested. It's not as though people don't know what Ebay is, and aren't aware of what's on offer.
>they build them because they offer better value than prebuilds in 99% of cases
Actually, they usually don't. As stated, you can find great deals on prebuilts that end up much cheaper than the equivalent custom system for the same performance. New.
>is infinitely better value
Used
No warranty
Old platform
Used prebuilts have never been recommended in this thread, because it's a fundamentally different bargain. The parts may die, it's a big hassle, and ultimately a gamble of convenience for money. Fuck, new prebuilts are rarely recommended and the practice has no traction. People want to build it themselves, and even if they didn't, they typically want it new anyways.

Yes, the Ryzen 3 performs similarly to the G4600 at stock, and takes a big steaming pile of shit on it when overclocked. You know what else performs similarly to the G4600 at stock and outperforms it in some titles? A Dell Optiplex with an i5 3570 that you can pick up for $100-150.

You have to have literal brain damage to buy a Pentium CPU in 2017 over the 1200 or a used enterprise machine.

Why are all FE and reference 1080 ti's out of stock everywhere?

>and takes a big steaming pile of shit on it when overclocked
Unless you invest in another cooler, you're not going to overclock maximally with the bundled OEM design.
I don't know where you saw your numbers, but keep in mind it may also be skewed with high-frequency RAM, a requirement for getting the most out of the R3, and not a concern for the Pentium.

I am rebuilding my pc. I have a 4790k and a 290x. Thermals wise, should I use a case with side window and 2 top fans or a case with mesh side (and a fan on it) but no top fans?

>They also have atrocious performance when paired with a dGPU, while the Pentium does not. People usually want to use actual, discrete GPUs with their systems ITT.
Are you technologically illiterate or just lack basic reading comprehension? I'll assume the latter and spell it out for you very clearly:
The G4560 only got recommended over the 1200 because the G4560 has an iGPU.
If you are going to use a dGPU then you have literally no reason whatsoever to get the G4560 over the 1200.
If you aren't going to use a dGPU with your PC then you are better off with getting the AM4 Bristol Ridge CPUs now so you can upgrade to Raven Ridge when it gets released which will take a big steaming dump on the Pentium lineup.
Do you understand?

>"Buy a crappy CPU you won't be happy with so you can stick with it for months on end while you build up the cash to buy a CPU worth having"?
You're aware that that was the main selling point for the G4560, right? That you can get a CPU that performs adequately now and upgrade to the 7700k later? That doesn't apply now because if you can afford the G4560 then you can afford the 1200.

The advice for buying a crappy CPU now and upgrading it later is aimed for people who actually are on poverty tier budgets and don't want to buy used. If they're going to complain about how budget CPUs perform like budget CPUs but don't want to buy used then that's their problem.

>Continue recommending prebuilts. You'll find few people interested.
Do you really think there are more people here who want to tinker with building their own computers and not just want the best bang for buck to play PC games?

Continued

>Actually, they usually don't. As stated, you can find great deals on prebuilts that end up much cheaper than the equivalent custom system for the same performance. New.
Nope, because prebuilts always skimp in one area or the other.

>Used
>No warranty
>Old platform
You don't magically become correct just because you keep spouting the same words. Even buying a used and old platform is better value than buying a G4560 system, especially since the G4560 will also be on an old platform as soon as Coffee Lake is released. You just said it yourself that getting on a modern platform is something that many people adamantly do not want, so are you going to make up your mind?

> The parts may die
Because that can't happen if you buy new, right?

> it's a big hassle
So is putting together your own PC for many people as well, but they still do it.

Yes, you are, the stock cooler have no problem hitting the 4.0 Ghz limit on Ryzen CPUs. Why are you even in this thread and giving people advice when you don't even know the first thing of what you're talking about?

Not everyone lives in the states and can buy Dell Optiplexes, hell Dell doesn't even sell prebuilts here.

Also, I'm not the guy that has been arguing with you but AMD in the asia markets is so fucking expensive you wonder if AMD even wants to sell their shit outside the US.

R7 1700 retails for $356 USD here while the i7-7700K retails for $335 USD.
i7-7700 retails for $302 USD
I've tried many times to recommend something like the R5 1600/1600X $255/$295 but one look at benchmarks and they choose the i5 7500 $192, even over the R3 1300X at $156, as for the really budget buyers they'd still pick a G4560 at $66 over the $129 R3 1200

People not buying prebuilts here are so two sided it's not even funny, they either have their computer for a fucking long time (still lots of C2D and C2Qs) or they upgrade it every 2~3 years.

Oh and RX580 8Gs here are $315 USD and the stores that have stock will only sell to people buying full PCs rest are sold out.
Vega 56 at $565
Vega 64 at $700
Vega 64 Water at $765 limited to full PC bundles.

Meanwhile
GTX 1060 3G/6G $195/235
GTX 1070 $425
GTX 1080 $528
GTX 1080TI $830

All of the above prices are in USD converted from my local currency.
Lots of people buy $200~300 GPUs every 2~3 years.

Seems like most of the people on Sup Forums forget that there is a world out there with a hell of a lot of people buying sub $500 and $500~700 PCs

Any good 4k monitors with HDR yet?

I know, I'm in Europe and Ebay is crawling with prebuilts here. As long as you have any kind of used market you're going to be able to find better deals than getting a G4560 build, even the i5 2500 still performs better than the G4560

>experience segfault, CPU is flawless otherwise
>send in Ryzen 1700 for RMA
>getting them to accept the RMA is a couple of days and a few images of cooling etc, overall basically painless
>they give me a shipping label, I print it out, send off the CPU last week
>"we have one prepped and ready to go, we'll send it off the day you send yours off"
>they didn't plan for Irma at all, shipping label is to Miami
>7 days later, no CPU, despite promises they'd send me one as soon as they got the notification that the CPU was in Fedex's hands
>emailing them 1x per day, they finally get back to me, "we'll get you one from an alternate warehouse"
>this was 2 days ago
>no communication since then
How can I raise a stink about this
They should've had some sort of plan for the goddamn hurricane that has been talked about nonstop for weeks before it even hit
It's now been more than a week and I still don't have my part, despite the old CPU being "delivered" according to Fedex
wtf, AMD

I have a GTX 745 and an HD 6870. An R7 360 is on sale for $40. Should I get one as an upgrade to wait out the drought?

Retard, you don't pair a poorfag CPU with a 1080

>Nope, because prebuilts skimp
And yet you're recommending prebuilts. These not only skimp, but they're used. An even greater chance of something going wrong.
>Even buying a used and old platform is better value than buying a G4560 system
Performance? Yes. Taking into account you're buying a computer that was probably shoddy in quality when new, and now is used which increases the chance it may die, may use OEM components as standard which complicates replacement, uses an older platform which may be missing features like multiple SATA 3, M.2, DDR4, it doesn't look to be that great a deal, and may not be one at all.
>You just said it yourself that getting on a modern platform is something that many people adamantly do not want
Buying into a new platform for the sake of it is not something people necessarily want. But we're jumping from "buying new platform" to "buying new", and that's a massive leap. If the Ivy Bridge PC was right out of box, it would be a different story
>Because that can't happen if you buy new
There is a wide canyon between used and new, especially when dealing with questionable quality of innards you see on Dell and HP machines.
>So is putting together your own PC for many people as well, but they still do it.
Putting together a machine is more fun that trying to troubleshoot a dead one. It gets even less fun if the machine uses proprietary components that don't conform to ATX.
>Yes, you are, the stock cooler have no problem hitting the 4.0 Ghz limit on Ryzen CPUs
lolno
youtube.com/watch?v=kGsbV2X749E&feature=youtu.be

>but AM4 is supported until 2020!
This is an argument that is often pushed around here despite being completely stupid in 99% of the cases as it's likely your mobo will die out passed 2020 and you'll want to upgrade to something else anyway.

Buy what you need right now and what will last you enough time depending on your income and that's it, don't fall for stupid memes such as "uh I'm totally gonna upgrade my CPU in 3 years and put it inside my dying mobo!".

I5 2500
4G
500G HDD
$150

Not many people are willing to buy used computers though.
Especially parents buying shit for their kids saying they must buy new. and then they say they have an absurdly low budget.

G4560
Gigabyte H110M-DS2V
ADATA DDR4-2400 8G*1
Toshiba 1TB 7200RPM
Kingston UV400 120G
GALAX GTX 1060 3G
CM RC102 Case
CM MasterWatt Lite 500W
$565 swap out with an i5-7500 $690
Some people opt for a better case like the MasterBox Lite 3.1 for $20 bux more, some might drop down to a 1050/TI $109/$145 but these are the type of computers most people buy here on a budget. A lot of people don't understand the benefits of even a cheap SSD and even after an explanation and showing them a system with a SSD, opt to drop it.

I've tried so hard to push the AM4 platform but all they do is play shit games and look at FPS charts.

Prices here might seem expensive to people in the states because everything gets jacked up here.

Just built my first PC and I need a quick rundown on something.

So, will running my graphics on lower settings make my cpu hotter since less strain is put on the gpu? How does this work?

nigga what

You don't push power onto components. CPU/GPU etc draw power based on their needs.

>The G4560 only got recommended over the 1200 because the G4560 has an iGPU.
Where did you hear this?
The Pentium lineup performs extremely closely with the R3. In fact, surpassing it in gaming in some titles.
>If you are going to use a dGPU then you have literally no reason whatsoever to get the G4560 over the 1200.
Nonsense. The Pentium is cheaper for similar performance.
>You're aware that that was the main selling point for the G4560, right?
No. The Pentium is a decent performer in gaming in its own right. Bristol Ridge isn't.
>If they're going to complain about how budget CPUs perform like budget CPUs but don't want to buy used then that's their problem
There's no need to accept the AMD's inferior competition in Bristol Ridge when there's a viable Intel option that performs substantially better. You save slightly but the difference is significant.

what the fuck Victor Lu, get back to work

Yeah, stupid question I know. I was asking because I've been running games on medium-ish even though I could easily run high/very high because I was trying to keep temp down. I was told it would be better to run high/very high because it puts more strain on the gpu

Good goy.

>And yet you're recommending prebuilts. These not only skimp, but they're used. An even greater chance of something going wrong.
I'm recommending enterprise machines, not new builds that are designed to scam 12 year olds out of money by having huge stupid cases and LED lights on it. I really hope you realize that there's a difference between buying something with compromises at the $500-1000 price point and the $100-300 price point. Hell, even buying a new PC and building it yourself means you have to deal with compromises until you get to around the $800 price point.
> Taking into account you're buying a computer that was probably shoddy in quality when new
I'm still recommending enterprice machines, you know, the kind of machines professionals use to do actual work on and not made for children playing video games?
>uses an older platform which may be missing features like multiple SATA 3, M.2, DDR4, it doesn't look to be that great a deal, and may not be one at all.
Do you really think people who have less than $300 to spend on a computer cares about any of that? Aren't you the one who's sitting here and telling me that people don't care about getting on new platforms?
>Buying into a new platform for the sake of it is not something people necessarily want
Nope, which is why they're better off buying used to get better performance for less money.
>Putting together a machine is more fun that trying to troubleshoot a dead one. It gets even less fun if the machine uses proprietary components that don't conform to ATX.
Indeed, and you're more likely to fuck up if you buy a new PC without knowing how to build one, and the full sized versions of Dell Optiplex conforms to ATX.
>lolno
>Using a single outlier when nobody else have been getting the same conclusions as they did, not even with the Ryzen 5 1400 that uses the same cooler
Wow, you really showed me there

No
Strain may shorten gpu life that's all
But that all depends on your hardware, power supply, gpu power phases and more

If you don't overclock on a modern GPU running high settings has negligible effect other than heat output and power draw

As of now Pentium is overpriced pile of trash, get over it.

GPUs like *constant* temperature below the maximum heat threshold (80C on most cards). If you keep it at 75C 24/7 it'll be much happier than jumping between 30 and 70C dozens of times a day.

>The Pentium lineup performs extremely closely with the R3. In fact, surpassing it in gaming in some titles.
It only performs similarly in video games and gets smashed in everything else, and with an overclock it pulls ahead by a longshot in video games as well, especially when using a 1060 and above.
>Nonsense. The Pentium is cheaper for similar performance.
If you literally only want to use your PC as a video game console then just get a used Dell Optiplex, replace the GPU and PSU in it and you have a better CPU for games while costing a lot less money.
>No. The Pentium is a decent performer in gaming in its own right. Bristol Ridge isn't.
It performs well enough in games to justify the low price, if you only play esports titles then it's enough, if you play heavier titles then the 1200 is better than the G4560.
>There's no need to accept the AMD's inferior competition in Bristol Ridge when there's a viable Intel option that performs substantially better. You save slightly but the difference is significant.
The G4560 isn't viable when the 1200 costs basically the same and performs much better across the board as well as being supported until at least 2020. If you're only going to use your G4560 without a dGPU then you probably don't do anything intensive enough that warrants the extra CPU performance from the G4560 over the Bristol Ridge APUs.

> R7 360
It's 16% faster than the 750 ti so yes

I was talking more about the CPU. I thought that by having my graphics set to medium it puts less strain on the gpu and more on the cpu, thus making the cpu hotter. Judging by your responses that isn't how it works.

Sorry for the dumb question and thanks

All this shitflinging back and forth just makes me more hyped for the Raven Ridge APUs, they're going to be a gamechanger for poorfag builds when even the iGPU on the Bristol Ridge APUs shits on Intels iGPUs on Pentiums up to the i7.

>x370
>watercooling
>buying windows
No.

>I'm still recommending enterprice machines,
Business PCs, in the interest of appealing to bottom lines, do not tend to be more reliable than consumer PCs. The main draw is additional support tools available for both the OEM and the administrator in troubleshooting. These features would be useless for our purposes.
>Aren't you the one who's sitting here and telling me that people don't care about getting on new platforms?
I never said that people don't care about new platforms, only that people wouldn't pay for the sake of it, like paying for a crappy CPU that doesn't do what you want just for the sake of AM4
If you could produce an Ivy Bridge system new, today, for the prices you find them used, people would be all over them. People aren't all over these. Because they're used and have no warranties.
>which is why they're better off buying used
You are ignoring the, consequences, definite and potential, of buying used. I'm not.
>you're more likely to fuck up if you buy a new PC without knowing how to build one
That's what guides are for. Very rare to hear about mistakes if people do. Not at all uncommon to hear about prebuilts off ebay exploding.
Wow, you really showed me there
Feel free to show a credible review showing differently.

The G4600 can be found for a reasonable price.

>It only performs similarly in video games
A) Guess what most people build machines for ITT.
B) Running Premier on an R3 is agonizing anyway, and not really a serious use.
>and with an overclock it pulls ahead by a longshot in video games as well
Without fast RAM, it's not terribly impressive. And you're probably not hitting 4.0 stable with the Wraith.
>If you literally only want to use your PC as a video game console then just get a used Dell Optiplex
Ignoring multiple disadvantages of buying used. They may not matter to you. They may matter to others, and, spoiler, probably do.

What's your mobo and CPU?

>defending G4560
>R 1200 can be bought for roughly the same price and it comes with a cooler included

>G4560 - poverty-tier builds
That processor costs almost $100 now.

how long does the AM4 bracket take to ship from Cryorig! Have a 1400 and not sure if I want an aftermarket cooler yet. Haven't started building yet so I'm not sure what temps I'm gonna get

>It performs well enough in games to justify the low price
Not with a dGPU. It performs atrociously then. Judging by the number of people pairing their Pentiums with cards like a 1050ti, it shows that people expect performance at that price point, and Bristol Ridge cannot deliver.
>The G4560 isn't viable when the 1200 costs basically the same and performs much better across the board
It doesn't perform much better across the board. It performs slightly better for slightly more. Not a bad buy. Not a must buy.
>as well as being supported until at least 2020
The AM4 socket will be supported until 2020. I don't believe it is not known if the chipsets will be supported until then, but you can correct me.
>If you're only going to use your G4560 without a dGPU.
Almost nobody does that ITT, but I agree that if a user was interested only in using the iGPU Bristol Ridge is definitely the better buy.

Stock cooler is really good

Do the brackets not come with the motherboard?

This.

Don't waste money on an aftermarket cooler. If you plan the OC it might be a good idea but otherwise the stock cooler is very good.

my mobo comes in two hours and I can finally start building.

No Cryorig has to ship you one. You have to show proof that you own an AM4 motherboard and a Cryorig cooler. I just heard in the beginning it took over a month to ship but wasn't sure how long it was taking these days.

I hear it's not bad but I figured it'd still cut off at least 10C. I'm kind of worried how hard it is to install an aftermarket cooler after the system has already been built.

I was hoping to, maybe not right away but soon. Shooting for 3.8Ghz at least.

Have fun

Well that's stupid. I currently have my 1600 on the stock cooler and I get a respectable 55-60 degrees gaming. I was thinking about upgrading to a cryorig but fuck that. I thought you coul use the mb brackets to mount it

>only that people wouldn't pay for the sake of it, like paying for a crappy CPU that doesn't do what you want just for the sake of AM4
Except that people do, why else would AMD release shitty Bristol Ridge based CPUs when Raven Ridge is around the corner?
>If you could produce an Ivy Bridge system new, today, for the prices you find them used, people would be all over them. People aren't all over these. Because they're used and have no warranties.
Yeah, it's definitely not because a vast majority of people don't look at used hardware and knows what kind of deals can be found. People just love to spend more money to get worse performance for the tasks they do.
>You are ignoring the, consequences, definite and potential, of buying used. I'm not.
You haven't given a single good reason for why there's a problem with buying used other than "hurr durr it's going to explode the second you recieve it when it's been running flawlessly for years before that".
>Feel free to show a credible review showing differently.
How about every single review since nobody else have been getting the same results?
youtu.be/SfTcJitmbZM

is your 1600 OC'd? I was hoping to not go over 65ish myself. But yeah it's bs. Maybe I'll wait and see if they ever put the bracket in the retail packaging before getting one.

>Not with a dGPU. It performs atrociously then. Judging by the number of people pairing their Pentiums with cards like a 1050ti, it shows that people expect performance at that price point, and Bristol Ridge cannot deliver.
You mean the same price point as the 1200? No shit Bristol Ridge doesn't deliver the same performance when it costs half as much.
>It doesn't perform much better across the board. It performs slightly better for slightly more. Not a bad buy. Not a must buy.
There's not even a competition when it comes to multitasking and multithreaded workloads, and the advantage the G4560 has in video games goes out the window the second you overclock.
>The AM4 socket will be supported until 2020. I don't believe it is not known if the chipsets will be supported until then, but you can correct me.
I meant that the AM4 socket will be supported, but there's no reason to think the chipsets won't be supported as well.
>Almost nobody does that ITT, but I agree that if a user was interested only in using the iGPU Bristol Ridge is definitely the better buy.
Exactly, so there's no reason to buy the G4560 over the 1200 if you're going to use a GPU.