List of non-meme distros

I am getting tired of all this meme distros that are either breaking after updates (Manjaro) or have so much stupid settings by default which make an OS unusable on the desktop (openSUSE) or have packages from a last decade (Deepin).
What is your non-meme distro Sup Forums? A distro that never let you down, a disto that doesn't make you spent half a day in terminal to fix things, a distro that has a sane defaults, etc.

just use debian

Mac os

Void I guess.
Arch failed me.

Literally this. Perfect for everything. Can be as bloated as you want, can be as minimal as you want. Stable as fuck.

PCLinuxOS or Devuan, the first come with everything installed, all the codecs, everything by default, the second is stable af and the packages are updated.

Fedora

I've distrohopped quite a lot, but always end up going back to fedora. it's stable and everything just werks

Ubuntu MATE
Debian Strech is the worst Debian in a long time. Bad hardware support (even in a non-free iso), strange choice of default packages, poor font rendering and so on and so on.
Really no reason to use it instead of LTS Ubuntu.
haven't tried it but it's too new to say something for sure about it.
Are you fucking kidding me?

slow as fuck package manager, newest Pottering showelware and everybodys favourite SELinux.
Fedora is really one of the worst distros out there. Don't know what kind of a distro you have to use before it so it appeared to be good.

You have already got the answer in your pic.

Stop shilling this shit

Arch with LXQT for session managing and i3 for "DE" is a godsend tbqh fâm

Systemd/Pulseaudio haters will disagree but I have yet to find a way to create a separate audio sink for PCI passthrough without Pulseaudio

LTS xubuntu

alpine or gentoo
install gentoo

Which is the distro that has the best support for NVIDIA drivers?

High IQ (150+): Arch Linux
Above Average IQ (120-149): Fedora
Average IQ (110-120): Ubuntu
Brainlets (-110): MacOS

That's it. Choose the distro that is appropriate to your intelligence level. If a distro isn't listed above, it's shit or a meme.

These. Debian doesn't shit on you if you know your shit.

>110-120 average IQ
user we need to have a talk

Do you mean bad hardware support in general or compared to previous releases (this would be odd)?

Doesn't hardware support have more to do with kernel and drivers, which can be backported anyway?

Swear to god, honest questions

Lol ubuntu == scrubuntu amirite? xD I hak /w Kali Linux by nite n inspect kernel c code by day xD Post ur i3 setup?

ChromeOS

>Debian Strech is the worst Debian in a long time
Dis. They couldn't test the fucking gui installer properly. They need serious changes.

Solus.

>average IQ 110-120
MacOS user spotted

Manjaro actually works well for most people. You must be doing it wrong.

who dis guy?

butthurt debian user pls

Linux mint. Its not bloated. You install easily and it has preinstalled some software, codecs and tools so in most cases you can do job just after install without installing additional stuff.

NON-MEME PRODUCTION TIER: macOS
MEME ANNOYING-YOUR-COWORKERS BUT THEY'LL TOLERATE IT TIER: Ubuntu
LITERALLY ON YOUR BOSS' SHITLIST: all linux distros outside of ubuntu

ubuntu and derivatives

greasy NEET living in moma basement: Arch Linux
People with jobs and life: Windows, MacOS, Ubuntu (chose by your preference)

Anytime I need to get work done, I rely on Debian or Fedora. It's fun to play with the other distros, but these have always been reliable for me.

>Linux mint. Its not bloated.

Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS/RHEL, Slackware and Gentoo. Rest of the distributions might as well not exist.

I've been running Arch Linux for one year now without any issues at all.

Debian or Fedora

Ubuntu if you really want.

CentOS on server if not redhat.

clearly doesn't know how iq works

I used it the other day what is wrong with it?

Running Manjaro for last 2 years. Never had one problem with the update on my main machine

Devuan. It's Debian with systemd removed so its less bloated and boots faster

>PRODUCTION
>macOS

I hope you are producing text or sshing into a server or something. Macs dont have the power to produce a shit anymore.

You are running Arch right? So to you, reading with comprehension requires IQ150+? Dunning-Kruger effect everyone.

Xubuntu.

Yet most of the professionals in music business still use it, hmm

Kali
Fight me faggots.

Debian to get shit done (quickly).
Gentoo for actual tinkering.
FreeBSD for Servers.

spoken like a true neet poorfag

Once you get your debian system up and running, it's pure bliss from there on. It just werks™

what about mint?

use Arch
it just werks

xubuntu

use it

Fedora is a non-meme distro. its easy to install and use. The only downside is that you have to upgrade every 6 months

god damn I want that monitor

antergos KDE, since I'm too lazy to install arch
no issues except you have to install laptop gpu drivers separately for some reason, but I just don't use my GPU on my laptop so whatever

Its an absolute meme distro

Will it run on haswell?

BackBox!

If you don't use Gnome you can just use Debian and install sysvinit instead of using Devuan.

it looks comfy though. what makes it a meme distro?

>muh user-friendliness
don't take anyone on this board seriously, ever

Fedora. Product of people who actually know what they are doing

Can't be a slow package manager when you don't need to update several times a day

the only non meme distros are fedora with gnome and the various ubuntu spinoffs (except kubuntu)

this is the actual truth, ignore all other posters telling you shit like debian/arch/gentoo/mint "just work"

They mess with Firefox, override package names with their own so that some packages are literally impossible to install, and deliberately lag on security updates by days or weeks. It's pure shit.

SteamOS or Bash on Ubuntu on Windows 10

>macbook only device that runs macOS
yeah

I use Ubuntu LTS at work and it's been solid on that particular machine, both in terms of stability and in actually supporting all hardware. I've had plenty of issues with various flavors on other machines though

What's wrong with Manjaro? How old is your PC? I'm using high-end hardware. Should I have a problem with Manjaro? Gonna run XFCE

>Doesn't hardware support have more to do with kernel and drivers
why would you ask a webshit?

Honestly would I miss out on the benefits of Arch (constant updates) if I used Manjaro? I just don't want my PC to feel sluggish after 6 months of not refreshing Windows 10

what monitor is that?

ironic or not using xD means you don't belong here

>get debian stable
>just compile software if I need a newer version than repos provide

nothing ever breaks.
who /comfy/ here?

Fedora Xfce spin

debian kde, systemd makes me feel sick though

I think Manjaro uses the arch repositories plus a few of their own, so most likely.

Have you tried Arch proper before? It took me a little while to install and configure properly on the garbage hardware I'm using, but it works wonderfully and the learning process and excellent wiki have given me a much better understanding of my system and Linux in general. I recommend trying it.

Arch is the memest distro.

This. I used to hate it a year ago, but now I use it even on my desktop at work.