/ntr/ - Netrunner official Sup Forums browser

We are making a web browser!
PREVIOUSLY:

In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome some anons were asking for a Sup Forums's perfect web browser, we collected the most wanted here and plan on continuing with the creation.

To contribute follow the WORK PLAN, join the IRC to ask developers for a repo, and get to programming!
IRC on Rizon: #Sup Forumsnetrunner

Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCes2uiC-4xSBwqnldCFbh4Q
Twitter: twitter.com/Team_NetRunner
Gitgud: gitgud.io/odilitime/netrunner/
Teknik: git.teknik.io/gyroninja/netrunner

>WORK PLAN
Look at the features list and implement them, ask what is currently being worked on if you don't know.

FEATURES pastebin.com/bnUU6kcu
FAQ pastebin.com/gjp7QmQJ

Other urls found in this thread:

nt-build-bot.rvx86.net
my.mixtape.moe/faniov.tar.gz
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZAC_Browser
github.com/traxium/tabtree
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
web.archive.org/web/20170809021655/https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Main_Page
addons.mozilla.org/de/seamonkey/addon/seamonkey-vertical-tab-bar/?src=api
netrunner.cc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will netrunner on framebuffer require OpenGL like GLEW or GLFW? I wouldn't think it would since it's a terminal program and not a GUI

I think opengl is what make it work on the framebuffer, wine and kodi and qemu can work on the framebuffer by opengl

Well alright then. Thankfully the devs said they can now target older versions of GLEW and GLFW with recent updates

>screenshots are taken under winblows 10
Developers are fucking retarded. I'd rather use FireFox or Chromium.

Odili was researching on the vim keys too, maybe he implements it this month

dat colors tho

Fuck off

Fuck off, you

Be nice to girls (male)

The theme switcher is not small part, I can see why because not everyone likes the normal design, not sure why people cried about the devs already working on that

Fuck off

Everyone fuck off

just use seamonkey

Seamonkey is doomed, long term. They've never done engine dev of their own, and one day Mozilla will drop Gecko development entirely for Servo.

Relies too much on gecko and mozilla

What is Mozilla not dropping

>youtube account
Will we see one of the cute devs?

Lets not pretend things are looking good for Chrome and Firefox, FF transition to webapps has been a disaster and chrome is simply broke by design, no multitabs, no memory friendly, not an option.
NetRunner will probably be usable in months at best, what do you guys plan to use in the meantime?

see

old news, grab the nightly
nt-build-bot.rvx86.net

Framebuffer will not require OGL/GLEW/GLFW.

Why not, at this point everything goes

The state of netrunner.

>a retard calling retards retards
Pottery.

Strange, I though you used OpenGL for the framebuffer

Do you have binary for linux?

yes, try my.mixtape.moe/faniov.tar.gz

Hey odili, how are you doing with the vim keys? I know has been considered from the beginning which is smart, man applications use vimscript for configuration, will we see something like that in the future?

Will there be any special dependencies for framebuffer?

I was about to ask this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZAC_Browser
Why the fuck are you even wasting your time when you could be using this perfection

Why the fuck are you wasting your time shiposting here

How the do you even find shit like this

Clicking through a ton of links on wikipedia
The installgentoo wiki was down and i just looked up a list of all the internet browsers in wikipedia and found this

Nothing I'm aware of at this point

My local repo has been broken for awhile. I have to finish this text refactor.

I'm more excited about the vim keys than I am about JS support rn. So maybe I'll just try to tackle that next.

Which layout engine does this thing use? Are you guys making your own?

We've made our own

If you have the time experiment using elinks, is a pretty cool browser, very intuitive. Has menus and vim keys but is not hard at all, and the configuration is pretty. Maybe you find some inspiration.

wish I could browse Sup Forums with elinks

An post, lets not forget that

Implement tab groups or I might

they already put tabs, if they add something maybe they design a way to add tree style tabs and maybe if we are lucky is all done without looking (((modern))), CLI like design would be enough

trying out github.com/traxium/tabtree now (since I'm using palemoon rn), hopefully this will make me understand tree tabs

tree style tabs would be amazing. i honestly cant live without them anymore

That addon looks better than I expected, the compact look definitely helps. But honestly if you let it look like the unix tree command, even without mouse support, I would be glad.

SVG please?

Please don't base it off TabTree, it's a poor addon designed to badly replicate the real TreeStyleTabs extension.
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/tree-style-tab/
^ this is the actual TreeStyleTab extension that is widely used.

Just use archive nigger:
web.archive.org/web/20170809021655/https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Main_Page

addons.mozilla.org/de/seamonkey/addon/seamonkey-vertical-tab-bar/?src=api
heres the seamonkey version i use. it seems a bit more barebones so it might be easier code

>being this butthurt that he's looking at superior Tab Tree
TST has been an absolute shit-show for YEARS, hence the dozens of vertical tab addons available.

Are tabs that big of a priority? I am more concern about anti-tracking and sandboxing, I wonder how long for an interface to network connections.

Niggas don't know bout vim for tabbing

Why is it down?

fuck you FEMANON I remember you once supported Indians and said you were an Indian male yourself. kill youreself

w3m with image support works if you have a pass. I've even posted from within w3m-emacs before.

I considered buying s pass for a long time, this may be a good reason

kek

>Website: netrunner.cc/
I get 'exec format error' when I try to launch netrunner via terminal. Any help would be appreciated thanks. I'm a bit of a noob at linux, I think I have all the prerequisites installed properly. I copied the binary to /usr/something/i/forget properly too.

NVM I'm too stupid to google. I'm on i386, I assume netrunner is 64 bit only?

>In the face of recent changes in Firefox and Chrome

What changes? I hate "begging the question"

>Sup Forums project
>ntr

pottery

just like your life

bump

bump

Firefox is basically becoming another Chromium clone by ditching XUL for WebExtensions, plus Mozilla has recently signed a contract with a Soros affiliate to (((combat disinformation)))

it exists for both i386 and AMD64, though I think the linux binaries are 64 bit only (you'd have to build from source, for i386)

Do you have documentation on configuration or is not there yet?

Browser is still very primitive so nothing much to document right now

could anyone take a screenshot of how netrunner looks like right now?

What engine does this use?