/spg/ - Smartphone General

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago (outdated - blame /csg/)
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
LG V30 review
gsmarena.com/lg_v30-review-1657.php

Rumored Snapdragon 635 to use Kryo cores on a 14nm process
gsmarena.com/rumored_snapdragon_635_chipset-news-27271.php

Google Pixel 2 XL pops up on FCC, LG will be making it
gsmarena.com/google_pixel_2_xl_pops_up_on_fcc-news-27270.php

LG V30 initial review: The no BS flagship
androidcentral.com/lg-v30-review

Pixel 2 XL rumoured to be even larger than Pixel XL
androidauthority.com/google-pixel-2-release-date-specs-design-price-784488/

Huawei Mate 10 to come in three variants
gsmarena.com/huawei_might_launch_three_mate_10_variants-news-27246.php

Nokia 9 shows up on GFXBench running Android Oreo
gsmarena.com/nokia_9_now_shows_up_in_benchmarks_running_android_oreo-news-27240.php

A11 Benchmarks
browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/search?q=iphone10

old

Other urls found in this thread:

madeby.google.com/askmore/
androidcommunity.com/xiaomi-mi-a1s-android-one-software-officially-ported-for-the-mi-5x-20170912/
aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-Mobile-Phone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/311331_32830253938.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.5bdadf47w9iPWO
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9_porsche_design-8415.php
gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9-8073.php
reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3svqoo/unlocked_sprint_galaxy_s6_on_tmobile/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Use this image for the next thread.

3d>2d

Did Apple really remove the online icloud status checker?

With my Oneplus 3t, when I go to set pictures as my screensaver, it doesn't show me all my albums to choose from, only Pictures and Clover. I made a Wallpapers album specifically for this but I don't know how to find it

That phone looks rather lazily drawn.

Anyone know the best place online to buy Xiaomi phones?

HK Goldway on Aliexpress

madeby.google.com/askmore/
Thoughts? Predictions?

Rebranded LG G6 without a headphone jack for $1000.

I can get a nokia N9 meego unopened
is the battery still good after 5 years?

yes, it's usually precharged before packing it so it shouldn't go bad. battery goes bad when it's left unused and it's empty.

Is there anything close?

>5.5" 1080p (Low power ['e-ink' or 'mono'] option)
>Snapdragon 820 or better (Qualcomm only)
>3GB
>64GB
>microSD (up to 256GB)
>4000 mAh or more
>USB 3.1 Type C
>Quick Charge
>Water Immersion, up to 1 m depth
>First-Party Landscape keyboard case
>Stock Android
>Security Updates forever*
>Can throw it against the wall without repercussions

Which is best: OxygenOS, LineageOS, or Stock?

>That huge as fuck recent apps button
Why

No.

your life is lazily drawn

Which OP?

japs like it extr𝓪 thicc

So when is Xiaomi Mi A1 releasing? Buying it in Europe is a pain in the ass and the kike sellers are already upping the prices for the black version

Anyone know when the V30 is coming out in America?

Is it a good idea to buy a used unlocked phone from places like Ebay or Letitgo?

What's a good sub 250 dollar phone for a poor fag?

i've been buying used phones from auction sites my entire life. just don't go for obviously suspicious ones

Is LG v30 the best phone of 2017?

You've been buying used smart phones from birth?

>G6 or V20?
>I heard about the bootlooping issue on LG is it THAT bad (chances of getting one)?

yes. my english of much bad

it's just that every phone i ever bought (with a single exception of bb q10) was used. never had a single problem

>world's biggest advertising company creates a free smartphone OS
>you faggots actually use it

If I have an S7
Is it worth it upgrading to the S8+ or V30?

>Implying the other choices are any better

G6 because the V20 is obsolete.

Moto G5+.

Huawei Honor 6X

Looking to get a new phone, considering Nokia 8 or the LG G6, any opinions on the Mi Mix 2? is it good or will it explode in my pocket? also any suggestions around that price point welcome

Upgrading from moto 1first gen
Moto E4 plus or G5 plus?

We dont know yet but /csg/ likes their cheaper redmi and redmi notes.

Get the Nokia 8. stock android, updates, build quality.

LG is bootloops+old SoC, Xiaomi is inferior chinkshit.

G5+, how is this even a question?

>Pixel 2 being announced soon.

Finally I can replace my Nexus 6p. Will google fuck up the supply like last time?

>Moto G5S Plus doesn't have USB Type-C

If you're in the EU that is.

LOOKING TO UPGRADE MY MOTO G5 4GB RAM
WHAT IS A GOOD UPGRADE FOR LESS THAN $300

A working caps lock key.

Why is it better?

>that name

which one should i buy?
which one would you buy?

i currently have an Sony Xperia L (2013), my father needs a phone so i would give him mine and get a new one.
Not sure which one of these i should get.
Would like to spend less than 300€. Preferably under 250€

Portugal

What phone did you get last and how much did you of a bargain was auction?

is that the jealous meme girl? i'm in love with her.

I just bought a Dougee mix, it looked good. How'd i do my friends ?

It's shit
>5.5" 720p
lmaoo

aw shit lmao

i've reduced to these.

which one should i buy?
which one would you buy?

If it was me I'd get the Sony XA1

Nokia 6

Nokia 6. Make sure it has a Qualcomm chip in it.

i think i would rather 5 then, in a review the gay said the apps took longer to load becaus of the higher resolution effort the processor was doing. it's the same as the nokia 5. i rather have faster loads than higher resolution

Camera is better on the 6 though

My gf is a normie and wants me to get an iPhone for FaceTime and the blue bubble texting thing.

I don't wanna get an iPhone. Wtf do I do bros? Using a galaxy s7 rn.

Why is the V20 bad? I only ask because I'm thinking about getting one.

Get a new gf

Fuck her, it she wants you to use an iPhone then she should fucking pay for it. There are also many alternates to FaceTime that you two could use, like Google Duo.

I can't fucking wait for the Mi A1 to be released. I haven't been excited for a budget device in quite some time.

Any G6 owners here? Just got the phone and while it's really nice, the battery leaves a lot to be desired. For some reason phone idle is just sucking up battery and It goes from fully-charged to 97% overnight out of the box. Coming from an S4 I expected more out of a 2017 flagship.

I heard disabling bloatware helps, any other tips?

>FaceTime

You can just use Facebook Messenger. It does the same fucking thing: shows you the other person's face.

WTF is taking so damn long with LineageOS 15 to be released? I want to see if they will be adding any new devices.

I mean, it's pretty much exactly the same as the Mi 5x, but with Lineage OS.

Slap her so hard during sex. Then shove her iPhone inside her cunt. Says that's your kink.

androidcommunity.com/xiaomi-mi-a1s-android-one-software-officially-ported-for-the-mi-5x-20170912/

You can get it on AliExpress via Hong Kong Goldway (they ship to the UK so you can avoid the customs jew)

aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A1-MiA1-Mobile-Phone-4GB-RAM-64GB-ROM-Snapdragon-625-Octa-Core/311331_32830253938.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.5bdadf47w9iPWO

what's the bug difference between samsung galaxy S, A and J ?

>bug
big

USA, T- Mobile, $200. What buy?

>S
high end
>A
mid range
>J
low end

that's all ? ok thanks i feel stupid now

for 200 bucks what's best, an old S or a new J ?

depending on the price, if you can get an s6 then maybe that, or maybe an s5, but not anything older than that

Guys, I've gotten myself into a deal of getting a nice LG G3 for 70€ tomorrow.

Is there any reason I should not? Or am I doing well?

Good sound quality, good build and good camera as far as I can tell unmatched at this price.

Am I missing anything?

ok thanks I will go for the S5

Is that supposed to be an HTC One m7?

What makes the Huawei Mate 9 Pro Porsche Design so expensive?

they bought a porche car and are using the metal from the car to make the phone

Porsche Design is a lifestyle motorsports/driving luxury brand desu. You're essentially paying for the name and their aesthetics. Is the specs any better than the vanila ones?

gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9_porsche_design-8415.php

vs.

gsmarena.com/huawei_mate_9-8073.php

I am not planning on buying one (they're expensive as fuck in Poorland), just curious about the price.

You can send those blue bubbles on any device with Amphora messenger as long as you run a server on macOS in a VM somewhere.

what is the best phone I can get for under $200 used & unlocked?

looking at v20 and the g5 but theyre a bit out of my price range. I'm coming from the nubia z9 mini which I don't know if its good or not

in NA

what is the best budget phone for the UK?
Around £100? Worth to pay extra for importing?

I currently have a Nexus 6p, Google is sending me a Pixel XL 32gb due to battery issues, how much can I sell the pixel for?

What phone to replace my 5x with ?

Looking for basically something in the $300-$400 range with (stock) android. Thx.

I don't know the specifics of how LineageOS works, so hopefully someone can provide some answers about this.

If I rooted my phone to provide it with a newer version of Android, could I make programs using the Android API still? Does LineageOS prevent you from doing anything developer-wise?

I have an old S3 with 4.1.2 installed. I want to make things for my phone but they require API level 21 or higher. I plan on installing LineageOS 14 and developing from there. Are there any problems with this?

Moto G5 plus or if you want to wait you can get the Moto G5S plus though I don't know when it's coming out.

which 5x? mi 5x, nexus 5x, honor 5x?

Looking for a new sprint smartphone in the usa. My budget is $300 (used is ok). I want a phone that's waterproof, has good build quality, and has a large battery. I was going to get a galaxy S7 active but I realised it's gsm and sprint is cdma. Any recomendations?

no problem

So, I need some serious advice, recently i saved up some money and got myself a galaxy s8, what I didn't thought is that I have huge hands, I have found that the s8 screen seems a little small for some reason, making it kind of uncomfortable, so I decided to sell my phone, and settle for something more "basic" the only good-ish options I have found are a galaxy s7 edge, galaxy s6 edge plus, one plus 5, or of g6 (although I don't know if available) I would like to save some money, that's why I included the s6 edge plus. My questions are: ¿which one is the best option?, ¿is the Xiaomi mi mix a good option? ,¿am I making a mistake?, ¿ maybe I'm retarded?, ¿are we humans? ¿or are we dancers?. Pls help.

It's already out in Brazil, probably not much longer for other countries

SPRINTARUUUU

Is it possible to unlock a Sprint Galaxy 6 (CDMA) to work with Tmobile network (GSM) network? The model is SM-G920P

Already called Sprint and had it carrier unlocked. Tmobile guy said it can't be used but I'm not about to listen to some fuck in a retail store.

Can I just root the device and flash it?

>link two LG V30 reviews
>they're still based on pre-production units with no finalized software
>and most of all no official price

Bump. Need an answer.

reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3svqoo/unlocked_sprint_galaxy_s6_on_tmobile/

Hello, Sup Forums
My old phone crapped out on me with some UI glitch that won't let me factory reset, and the company wants ~200$ to fix it.
It's a 2015 LG stylo, so I figure I might as well just buy a new phone for that price.

I'm in the USA, phone company is T-mobile, and I'd like to aim for $250.
Not looking for much, beyond basic phone shit and android.

I see the Moto G5+ being tossed around, so i'm considering that.