Daily Sup Forums is fucking paranoid thread

Honestly though, how can a community be THIS scared of getting hacked. Yes it's possible, but it looks like 75% of us are running linux anyway, what are you so afraid of? If youre pirating movies the most you would get IF ANYTHING is a slap on the wrist and your ISP might call you an asshole. If you're emulating old games litterally nothing will happen to you. Tell me what you're honestly so afraid of Sup Forums

Jews rule the world

Well,I'm paranoid because I recently found the IP for the USAIC in my network logs. When something like this happens, I think it's rational to worry.

The US gubbament might find out I post frog pictures.

I'm paranoid because i don't know what code all the proprietary software is running.
This is the reason why i switched to a x200 and t500.

other people on Sup Forums

>why are there many cyber security enthusiasts on a board focused on technology

What's wrong with being paranoid? if anything there have been a constant amount of cases that prove the paranoids right

Cannot think of a single case where proof came about people weren't being spied upon despite claims of it happening, meanwhile the other way around there are plenty of them, from Windows 10 to Vault 7 and everything inbetween

Laws are subject to interpretations, and it could change in a moment. I am paranoid about human irrationality and stupid masses.

>Nothing so awful will happen. Why not just submit to the surviellance jew?

Why would someone suggest this?

stop with the fucking meme emojis

I think you meant Sup Forums meme faces, my fellow ledditor.

What the fuck did you do to get the CIA niggers on your back?

This isn't Sup Forums this is what happens when clickbait wins. You see entire swaths of people freaking out every time some service makes even a design change, yet when millions of credit card numbers are leaked, nobody cares even if they used that service. They fool you by pretending that your worthless searches and "information" which have always been and still are worthless, are suddenly worth fighitng a pseudo internet war over

Some people have a job and can have sensitive corporate data on the computers.

>having a credit card at all
you deserve it normie

This is why windows is the norm pretty much everywhere.........

Yes because large corporations normally have their windows distributions audited, it makes sense for them to have a corporate quality software with the security of a open-source counterpart. That being said the normalfag consumer always gets fucked in the ass by nsa/windows, because he is both a consumer and product.

>like 75% of us are running linux anyway
I refuse to believe it's that high

Dude, your windows machines don't communicate with microsoft servers because your sysadmin (call him god the next time you see him) block all the fucking ips.
Everything newer than xp call home all the freaking time and there is nothing you can do on the machines.
Enterprise edition my ass, you can't turn off telemetry, auto screenshot and keylogger on newer version.
I don't even have a official kms server, I use an open source alternative and microsoft boys don't even care.
By the end of 2018 there won't be a single windows machine left (My team manage up to 6000 machines in 9 differents building at the same location)

I wish I knew.

>what are you afraid of
I'm afraid of our opportunity for a beautiful decentralized world being torn from our hands by invasive surveillance and controlling legislation before we so much as get a chance to build it up.