Speakers GENERAL

Other urls found in this thread:

seanolive.blogspot.de/2008/12/part-3-relationship-between-loudspeaker.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

should we make a buyers guide like hpg?

Why not.
But it'd have to be separated into US/EU/Asian regions.

Because I bought the whole DALI Zensor series back in 2012 and the Zensor 1 cost me $300, and I heard those where like 400 in USA which is the complete opposite of what things usually cost.
It's often twice as expensive here compared to US, not the other way around.

Got myself a new stereo amp.
Made quite a huge difference compared to a 8+year old av receiver.

Next upgrade will be the main speakers.

There's not that much to choose from in the 500-800usd range. Mostly 300 and then 1200.

how?
there's no huge fanbase of collectors and enthusiasts doing legit comparisons and thrid party measurements as with headphones so there's no real data to base any guides and recommendations on other than isolated and purely subjective views of different people for each single pair of speakers and nothing comparable at all

lads,

Adam F7's or Yamaha HS8's?

Almost exclusively for mixdowns.

you have to test them
I personally can not work on adams or any amt tweeter design

>test them
i intend to, but i'll usually take an informed opinion gained over hours of use over 30 minutes spent at a store desu.

>I personally can not work on adams or any amt tweeter design
how come?

also, i'll add, the space they'll be in is fairly small so logic would dictate that the front ported, smaller, adams would make more sense

not at a store, obviously
take them home, do your business as usual and keep the ones that provide you better results
here in germany you can return anything you bought within two weeks, no questions asked
I'm sure you can make a similar deal with a pro audio dealer, maybe for a small rental fee that'S still worth it

>how come?
I can't really get adjusted to it, no matter how hard I try I always need to tweak stuff I mix on amts, including very good ones (eve 407, adam s3, hedd type 30) at studios I like otherwise. It's just not my cup of tea so I can't blindly recommend it to anyone who never tried working with them

fair enough. have you had the opportunity to use any of the yamaha HS line?

yes, I had hs80 for a long time. absolutely fine speakers for the price

cheers.

Where my LSR niggas at?

Sick speakers.

They're the best speakers I've ever owned. To get better sound, I would sooner fix my room.

I'm about to kill myself

>Bought PreSonus Eris E5
>Try with onboard audio
>Noise an interference, gets worse when move mouse
>Read that DAC will fix it
>Buy $120 DAC
>It doesn't fix it

I'm so damn deflated. What the fuck am I doing wrong?

This is my first time doing this shit so I don't know anything, but I cannot figure what I'm doing wrong. I have XLR to 3.5mm connections into the DAC, and a USB connection from DAC to PC.

Recently went on sale at GC, so I own the 305s now. Absolutely great sounding. I only use them for my synths, though. Haven't had a chance to use them for media too much.

please respond

the front center speakers on my built in 5.2 surround system is fucked. thinking of just replacing them with some regular bookshelf speakers instead of bothering to repair them. any objections to this idea?

poorfags get money

Going to bed. If I check tomorrow and doesn't have any replies I will return everything and live the life of a logitech 2.1 pleb.

they sound like shit

They actually sound great, it must be your ears that are shit, sorry.

compare it to anything else they sound flat and distorted with no bass horrible highs your better off with hifi equipment it would sound better

what cables are you connecting to them? I have KRK monitors and had the same problem a USB audio interface fixed it. Like a Scarlet 2i4.

They actually don't sound flat or distorted at all and the bass is completely adequate, and the price can't be beat. Fuck off, troll.

>compare it to anything else they sound flat
This is good though. Good audio sounds flat.

>telling poorfags to get money
>doesn't even have central air conditioning

hear something that sounds good not poor fag audio flat sounding is bad it sounds dead boring not musical cant belive people defending there purchase this badly come on they arnt the best there is better stuff to buy

>speakers should sound """musical"""
Just stick to Dr. Dre.

I have these music should sound good I have heard the jbl meme speakers they suck and the hisss noise is annoyiong

Get a real house and maybe I'll take you seriously.

>>cheap rent in shitty houses boy only 50$ per week maybe you should move out of your mothers house

No one said they're the best, they're 200 fucking dollars you idiot. For the price the sound is very good and acclaimed almost everywhere. Stop being a faggot.

I recently took out my analog 5.1 and put in a soundbar with toslink input and a wired subwoofer output and I am happy with it.

Did I do good or dun goof'd?

Curious as to why you bought a soundbar when you could have just picked up a digital amp for your existing speakers

Current desk layout made it silly to have 5.1 as all speakers were facing me.

no such thing as a digital amp they are all analogue its all marketing

>doesn't come with the correct cables
>need to spend almost $100 on rca to 1/4th
ugh

How does an entirely analogue device accept digital input?

with a dac

$6 each @ monoprice desu.

Sorry you bought yours from some nigger in a mall parking lot, man.

I haven't bought them yet, last time I tried to buy something from monoprice it was a set of cables that was going to cost me almost $60 in shipping, for a $3 cable

But that by definition involves some digital componentry.

you cant amplify a digital signal it gets converted by ther dac then goes to the amplifier

The DAC is inbuilt into the amplifier unit, making it a digital amplifier.

no its an amplifer plus dac

Stallman pls go and stay go.

nice trips
your just wrong thou its an amp plus dac they is no such thing as a digital amp since its amplifint a analogue signal

bruv im tekkinb yuo its a dibitel bnump ut suz rite on the lbmel

can you post pics of your set-ups

what in the sub $350 range would you recommend instead?

does it matter if i lose some speaker wire while cutting it?

if you're cutting it and it's the same length as before then you're not cutting correctly, no

>tfw too much anxiety to use speakers

Why not just consolidate speaker/headphone/amplifier/microphone discussion into one thread?

generals and circle jerks are epic and for the win :D

>having like 5 generals vs 1 is a good idea

HS7 masterrace

what exactly is masterrace about it?

This.
A class-D amplifier is not the same as a Digital-to-Analogue-Converter + any class amplifier.

Hornloaded made one years ago.

The graph shows that it has almost no differences in response from 40-11.000 Hz. But +-5dB is still quite a lot, but can be adjusted for.

Also the Yamaha speakers are an industry standard for mastering against.

>Hornloaded
I miss him. His guide was pretty good.

yeah that's what I mean, nothing on that list including the frequency plot is anything special.

>industry standard for mastering against
what does that even mean?
do you mean the NS-10 that are used as a consumer shitbox reference in the means of if you can make it sound okay on these it will sound okay on anything? I'm not sure how that's a good thing other than 'oh I've seen that white cones before, pros use it'

When people say 'digital amp' they mean a class D amp in which the output devices operate as PWM'd switches, as opposed to operating linear as in 'traditional' amp classes. It has fuck all to do with integrated DACs.

These sound bright and thin as fuck. Why do you guys love this shit so much.

what did you compare them to?

Genelecs mainly.

The 8" woofer version certainly doesn't sound thin.

Genelecs are also in a different price-range by far. (atleast in my region)

the fuck you have a general for speakers
>big speaker
>small speaker
>black speaker
>brown speaker
>speaker

The Adam F series is in the same price range as the JBL LSR and they are significantly more neutral as well.

>ITT people that fell for z guy shilling

adam f series is anything but neutral

zeos?
I think most people on this board can see that he's lacking even the most basic understanding of what he's trying to talk about so I don't think anyone takes his opinions seriously

RP-160m is better

I fell for Z's JBL Studio 530 meme.
I love 'em though

see

forgot to use your trip, horny
welcome back

Those fags in /hpg/ who can't afford good speakers won't appreciate a speaker thread

What amp should I get for my KEF Q100s? Stereo receiver or one of those class D amps?

what ever has the inputs and power rating you want

HS8

Post it every thread

what about them?

Good speakers. They made me appreciate sound quality, almost like a curse they attune your ears to frequency response regardless of the speakers. I used to like a lot of bass but now I appreciate a balanced frequency response.

that's a cool way to put it. I got a similar experience with my first proper speakers

As I was writing it it almost felt like I was writing typical audiophile garbage because of the tone but its definitely something I think everyone should experience, whether it be with hs8s or other reference speakers

>using studio monitors to listen music
>ruining music author's intent

what did he mean by this

This. Cringe.

yeah
listening to music
gross

To be frank Chorus 807v aren't really much better than a pair of HS7s
Dude Focals are pretty flat lol and forward

Proper studio monitors aim for a very flat frequency response, which makes them useful when mastering music but boring as fuck when listening to music for pleasure.

In recent years there has been a surge in people that do fuck all production/mastering buying studio monitors because they incorrectly think that having a flat response is inherently superior for listening and that they can then smugly consider themselves superior to everybody else that uses non-monitor speakers. These people are idiots.

I'm enjoying music very much on my HS7s, mr marketing

I do have them in corners for maximum bass tho, I don't produce, abdnd I got them for free, and there is no better alternative in the home audio market for that price anyway.

>seanolive.blogspot.de/2008/12/part-3-relationship-between-loudspeaker.html

>people preferred a flat response to one that was all over the fucking place.

No shit. Now show me the same test comparing a flat speaker to one with a subtle disco smile - protip, the latter will win every time.

Adding to my previous post, I'm pretty sure I've heard enough "good" speakers, including Revel F208s (fucking amazing), Dali Ikon 7 Mk2s (damn fine), B&W 600 series floorstander and 805Ds (too fucking warm, can't stand them), Klipsch reference something something with 2 big woofers (sounded alright), Focal 1038Be, Chorus 807v, 826w, 836v (like focals, imho very similar to Dali in their sound signature), to name a few

I still enjoy my HS7s even if those were pretty much the last speakers I've heard after all the ones listed

If you want I can even name the amps that each pair was running off

Idk, I can enjoy music more knowing I'm hearing for the most part what the author intended. It also makes it glaring obvious when a song is low effort, especially the drum machines. I think rarely are there times that sound should be made to sound different. Mainly in car audio because you need to account for driving noises and all that. Obviously too, phones and what not can't get anywhere near a flat response. Perhaps headphones shouldn't be flat because theyre so close to your ears and personally they're the only time I enjoy heavier base. But apart from that I don't think so, eqs can take care of all that, it shouldn't be the speaker doing it.