The Pitch: Microchips ‘Make Life Easier’

A new report in the Australian media is touting the benefits of having biometric implants, microchips embedded under the skin, calling it "something from a science fiction movie."

trunews.com/article/the-pitch-microchips-make-life-easier

The mainstream media continues to push “biometric implants,” tiny microchips upon which personal data is stored that are inserted under the skin, as a matter of convenience that is “something out of a science fiction movie.” Take, for instance, this new report from an Australian television station:

>From opening doors to riding the bus and paying for lunch, subdermal microchips are the way of the future for people embracing a digital future. Remi Baker and Mitch Hunter from PHD Media are two early adopters of the microchip technology. “We don’t need any ID cards, we don’t need any pin codes, we don’t need any access cards or anything so we can live a much freer life,” Mr Hunter said. The microchip, which is the size of a grain of rice, sits beneath the skin. Data from your bank card, LinkedIn profile or even your medical history is cloned on to the chip which is then implanted in the hand. Using the same technology as tap and pay cards, the chip can be used to do anything that has been programmed on to the chip.

The report even suggests such implants can save lives, if a person has stored medical information on it.

>make life easier
So does cutting off your little toes

The Equifax hack will only convince more people, too.

Well, it certainly is an idea that sounds good.
But we all know it will mainly be used for targeting customers, selling shit and be unsecure as hell.

Oops, look like your microchip (c) tm (r) is broken, tough luck, we're closing and not supporting it !

I FUCKING WARNED YOU AND YOU DIDN'T LISTEN !!

They'll get cancer where the chip is.

>Implanted chip
>Probably has back doors
>Government knows your every location

Heh

Yeah, advertisers are looking to tap right into the human mind, just like in the Josie and the Pussycats Movie, though, not very many people went to see the movie.
I-I didn't see the movie, either.

So basically someone can just run a scanner near your hand and grab up all of your personal info?

>But we all know it will mainly be used for targeting customers, selling shit and be unsecure as hell.
"We manufacturers and partners of The Mark-1™ do not support nor do we condone hate. Due to your recent decision to promulgate insensitivity, you have been barred from THE MARKETPLACE™. To appeal this decision simply disavow your values and apologize ;^)
Remember, we're stronger together!
-from the makers of the Mark-1™

This is terrifying!

>medical information
Everyone who shakes my hand, bumps into me on the subway, or stands behind me in a queue now knows I have severe medically diagnosed erectile disfunction and premature ejaculation. Good future we have here.

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” (Revelation 21:1-4)

The coming (return?) of the immortal AI overlords to Earth.

>The coming (return?) of the immortal AI overlords to Earth.
And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? (Revelation 13:4 KJV)

Please stop sperging before you ruin the thread.

ok

piss off he's fine

my cat has a microchip :3