/guts/

Didn't see a guts thread, so here's one.

r8 my new 7700k/1080ti build

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QA-T43rbDEQ
pcpartpicker.com/product/294NnQ/deepcool-earlkase-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-earlkase-rgb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

looks nice
so packed in.
yeah buddy

could've upgraded to a 1060/580
>spends money on poo fans instead

this is my home theater PC, why you mad tho?

Should have waited for Coffee

What's the grill for?

No ryzens.

Have fun with buying a new Mobo every time

What's with newer cases having these weird bays for the PSU at the bottom?

It's a trend that got popular with tempered glass sides panels. Not sure how I feel about the lack of actual drive bays on almost all of them

I7 4770k
16gb ddr3
Z79 mobo
2 x rx 480
256gb Samsung os ssd
4 x 3tb 72k rpm Samsung drives in raid 10

After I modded my VBOIS for 20% better gpu mining, my XFX card only lights up when in use. It still works fine, but you can't see the beautiful blue fan lights in this pic because of that.

whats in the bottom part besides the psu?

What case?

Didn't buy the fans. Amazon fuck up.

why not do the top mid to hide the fans? wish it worked on the itx

with the uv lights on, they make a annoying high pitch noise so i never turn them on desu

Silverstone ML08

youtube.com/watch?v=QA-T43rbDEQ

>650M
You goofed m8
>550X
You goofed m8
>550
You goofed m8
Comfy

Why the hate for Corsair?

Thx

how is your proprietary ME?

Reporting in, rates and questions and all to follow
>/guts/ is dying

It literally says "solid state drive" on it.

Am I being b8ed?

rates etc.
cables properly managed, good color scheme, looks good user. really clean and really well done. I feel like you done fucked up with the 7700k, but to each their own. how are temps in that case?
im a sucker for sff builds. you did pretty well with cable management but theres small things that bother me, ive seen better but ive seen worse. good average
>paying the ungodly price for a slim optical drive in the year 2017
you're doing the best with what you got, the cables look horrible but it's a solid psu. love the old school case as always
like it, as always. still feel bad you got the worst 200 series cooler, still jealous for the deal you got on that mobo. She's getting a little long in the tooth now though, maybe upgrade is in the near future?
>1050 ti
another one cucked by miners and refusing to buy used hardware
what is that ungodly phanteks bracket there? why isnt that ssd in the basement? why do people still by itx towers that choke their gpu? why did you get a fan gril for that noctua? why did you get a slim rad for that poor cpu?
so much makes so little sense here
still havent decided if i like or hate the green. the different shades make it hard to love, but it kinda works. tuck your cables a little better, and maybe some weekend cut out aa routing hole for your cpu power.
whats all the hdd for user? not a fan of the negative pressure, but ok. i really love the diy psu shroud, it really works for me, also actually good job routing the gpu cables. it triggers me that there are different gpu though. also, get ready for the dag increase and your hashrate to drop, could be a good time to sell the cards and upgrade to a 1080ti. you'll earn just about as much if you mine and equihash coin instead of eth, and have far better performance in gaming

continued
god i fucking hate that cpu cooler. your build itself looks good, im a fan of white mobos with rgb, but it looks ok as far as the build goes
jesus christ that loop could look so much better, switch your cpu tubes, route the tube from the pump to rad over the cpu to rad tube, consider flipping the radiator 180.
other than that nice job, how do you like that ek kit? its an interesting concept to me

I paid $10 for that slim optical drive on aliexpress. Seller listed it as a dvd drive but it ended up being a bluray drive which is perfect for me since it will be used as an htpc/vr rig.

Had a corsair PSU die on me, and my friend lost one as well.

Fucking hell user, nevermind then. Ya dun gud

How did you apply the thermal paste for the True Spirit Direct 140? It has pretty large gaps between the heatpipes compared to other HDT coolers so you have to be careful in how you install it.

tubes on cpu are right, i might clean it up when i ad another rad but i dont mind the celtic knot mess, a240g is ok i guess, cpu hits low/mid 70s @4.8ghz

Ayyy evolv itx gang

I used Arctic mx-4 for that. I used a credit card to fill in the gaps a bit on the cooler and then just used the typical method in the cpu. Might try some other methods later on, working fine for now

What is Sup Forums's opinion on the Thermaltake Core P3?

At one time thought about getting it, but since I wasn't going liquid or aio I didn't. Will the GPU get enough cold air? I'm aware it's basically an open case, but it seems a little cramped up against the glass.

550w is more than enough, its a platinum tier 2 psu.
>pic related worked in a pinch halfway through upgrade
>feel bad you got the worst 200 series cooler
its a Strix 390°x oc that was a miner card :/, but I got it for $165 and sold a 6850 the same day for $30 so I have no complaints. keeps the cabin warm.
>maybe upgrade is in the near future?
Saving for that zen refresh/zen 2

I love this pc though first I ever put together, started as an i3 2100 and hd 6850. I will probably put a 2700k and the best 2011/2012 hardware in and have the pc I wish I could've built then. Gotta dig out the SD with the og pics someday.

I remember this. coming along nicely. tat the 980ti with an x3 on it?
beastly hsf, looks tidy

I like it. I wish my case had PCIe cable routing holes in the bottom of the PSU shroud.

R7 1700 @ 4.0, 16GB DDR4-3200@14, 1080Ti.

>tfw can't into pictures

I think so, but it still would depend largely on room temp. From what I've read it's actually as quiet as closed cases even though it's open by design, and it doesn't even get that much dust on it which is quite surprising. For me it's either the Core P3 or the Corsair Spec Alpha (yeah I know). I'm looking to build a new PC before Christmas.

Nah, not the 980 ti. They're gone now, that's a 1080 ti I managed to pick up for 550 literally brand new. Some guy on CL ordered one off Amazon, never got it, complained and they sent another, and he got both. I broke the seal on the box. It was a founders edition but I fixed that pretty quick.
Next upgrade is a gt 1030 so I can move back to Linux with windows in a vm. After that I've gotta save, next move that makes sense is really just threadripper

>(yeah I know)
I guess I don't!
In the end I went with a carbide 740 air myself.
Been looking around for something better, wondering if I maybe made a mistake, but I seem to come back to having made the right choice. In-Win 303 seems nice, but not so sure about the seemingly restrictive exhausts.

I mean some people might think the Spec Alpha looks like a joke but I did the white/red color combo. I have a triple monitor setup of all white Samsung LCD screens so I think it would go well with those. I am interested in those Air cases from Corsair though. What do you do with all that space? And do you have it on your desk or on the floor? I haven't used a case like that at all so though I'm interested I treat it more like a curiosity at this point.

go skylake x and vega64 air in cf. Live on the edge
Spec alpha isn't a good deal, doesn't even have a psu shroud. Premium case price with budget case internal structure.

>Spec alpha
It's actually about $50 cheaper than the Core P3 where I live. Are the Casemaker from Cooler Master any good? Around the same prices as the Spec Alpha here or maybe $25-$30 more

Yeah it takes up quite a bit of space on the desk. Takes some getting used to, but it's not like I live in a cupboard or anything.

I wish I could get bigger desks here like you guys usually do. I've already lost quite a lot of space because of my triple screen setup. Anyway I'll be sure to check the Air series cases before I get mine in the next few months.

As much as I would love to return to my house fire roots (8350 and 290x crossfire) I need them sweet lanes bb

case is a box, its mostly looks. but management slots with grommets and a psu cover make it look extra tidy inside. spec alpha looks like a $30 case with a bodykit

even the cheap brand cases look better
pcpartpicker.com/product/294NnQ/deepcool-earlkase-rgb-atx-mid-tower-case-earlkase-rgb

behold

You know, I had not even bothered to look at the empty insides of the Spec Alpha. Wtf is this? You're right. It looks good on the outside, but the inside is shit. I mean I've worked with those but the Spec Alpha now is truly overpriced even though it's cheaper than my other choice which is the Core P3.

Are you sure it won't be a chore to clean that P3 every other week?

Hello Mr Smith, how are things at Cisco?

I've read a few Core P3 case reviews from actual owners and apparently it doesn't even get much dust on it at all. Not like conventional cases at least, where dust is actually a problem mainly because of the air intake. As it is it seems like the Core P3 is just going to be like a piece of furniture in terms of dust accumulation, so at most I'd have to blow through it with a fan or maybe use a feather duster or something while it's all powered off a few times a month.

wassup

>AMD Athlon II X4 620
>4GB RAM
>Seasonic 350W PSU
>Radeon R7 240 2GB
>AVerMedia AVerTV M733A PCI
>1TB Samsung HD103SI 5400RPM
>Liteon DVDRW
>Windows 7 Ultimate x64
>Gigabyte GA-MA770-US3

Kek situational argument

That said even if my CX430M has been working no problem ever since I bought it...probably more than 4 years ago now, pretty much hitting the limit with an OCd 4690K and an HD7870, I'd still recommend getting an FSP psu. Thise things are fucking heavy

Hi.

Rate or your a fag
R5 1600 3.5ghz watercooled
Asrock mini itx with wifi/bluetooth 370 chipset
Gtx 1080 fe hydro kit
16gb 3400mhz ram
4tb hdd
784gb (usable) ssd space
Air 240 case
750w psu

no

crooked as fuck GPU and dusty fans i r8 with h8

Its not crooked its just the perspective

no, behind the ssd. the psu only takes up like 1/3 of that compartment area. is it just a design or is there some actual function to having that big ass thing?

Wrong way around/10
Nice digits though.

Are there any stand-alone Asetek CPU pumps? Trying to make a small custom loop but the Apogee Drive kind of sucks in multiple ways.

just buy an EK XTOP SPC-60.

>R5 1600 3.5ghz watercooled
why/10

Just received my EK XRES SPC-60. Talk about a close fit, holy shit.

I had it running at 3.8 but i recently down clocked

THIGHTT

Worst thing is, the fill port is at the top. How the fuck am I supposed to fill the loop now?

Bought a new fan for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and slapped it on my workstation PC. The Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 that it replaced was shoved into my HTPC instead.

Call me an autist, but the Dark Rock Pro 3 was just too big and defeated the purpose of a side panel window because it blocked the view of the RAM sticks. My Ryzen 7 1700 is not overclocked so it doesn't matter, because it's still just as quiet and cool during video encoding.

R8. No bully

All that HDD is for my massive amount of movies games and programs. It's over half full.

Thx, I wanted a PSU shroud, and cheapest I could find was like $50 so I made due with cardboard and gaffer's tape.

Next build is going to Ryzen for sure.

Very clean, love it.

Old specz

I destroyed that 1200 watt psu with my dual gtx 480s how is that 650 still alive? The answer is probably thermaltake.

>X58
Damn, I feel old.

1080Ti?

brandwhore 0/10

Finally bought an AIO.

>tfw the difference isn't that big from a tower air cooler

VERY good build my man.

yes

Happy with it so far? Typical boost levels on stock? I hit about 1962Mhz with mine.

Nice and clean user.

>ordered sleeved PSU cables
>realize I fucked up and they're merely sleeved extensions
Why the fuck do some of these places only sell extensions? Who the fuck wants only the extension sleeved? Stock PSU cables are garbage, sleeve the entire thing.

We should make a spreadsheet for how long the average /guts/ threads last

A10-7850k
Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3HP
MSI GTX 1050 OC
16GB HyperX Fury
SeaSonic S12II 520W
120GB HyperX Fury SSD
1TB WD Blue
Phanteks Enthoo Pro M

Watercooling is for oc you dumbfuck.

I changed bios to up the power limit it runs around 2050-2072 I mean it's pretty good card I game at 1440p

It must be an real mean card at those levels! I run an 4k monitor so i dont need those real high fps, 60+ and i am fine. 1080Ti is not always up to it on maxed out settings still. Next gen for sure!

>CX series PSU
>niggabyte
>7700k