Ubuntu

If it's good enough for NASA, it's good enough for you.

>nu-nasa
>not a complete shit-show

Sure is MATE. :^)

But they don't have the time to fix xorg every update, which is every day, but I do so that's best for me.

All white males? Seriously?

guaranteed replies

but I'm not a wageslave so I mostly use my computer for playing VIDEO GAMES which Linux is terrible at compared to Windows.

It just works™

I stopped distro-hopping a long time ago.

Ubuntu is good but its file manager is trash. Mint for life.

Xubuntu is superior

>Ubuntu file manager is trash

Mine looks pretty good on the 17.10 Alpha

Pic related is one of the most well-known astrophysicists.

Also women don't b into STEM.

They don't use garden-variety ubuntu, they use a very specially managed version that, while still a piece of barely-functioning garbage, at least doesn't explode, wipes itself or fails to start X.

or you could just install gentoo

I already moved to OSX..

hell yeah brother. Xubuntu 4 lyfe

Enjoy your screen tearing.

CHAD is launching rockets and you're here shitposting, how does it make you feel?

Stop saying things like that, you'll just end up promoting diversity quotas because people won't stand for that. People should be hired based on their skills.

The excessive amount of time I would need to delegate to the installation of gentoo could be better spent doing things I enjoy even less.

>explode
When was the last time you ran Ubuntu LTS? 2008?

>NASA
they run on Macs.

>what is compton

I agree, but facts are facts. More women would rather complain about the lack of women in STEM than would want to be in STEM.

Shut the fuck up. Pretending white privilege doesn't exist and that "skills," or merit are some kind of perfect platonic mean are ridiculous.

>having to install third party shit to fix basic shit

Guaranteed replies

You have exactly one minute to explain what would go wrong with hiring people based on their skills.

damn this is pretty good bait.

this is how you get (you)s

Three years back and I would know this was satire.

what is the difference between mission critical and short iteration time prototypes?

I guarantee you the ISS is not running ubuntu.

yeah they use win xp

They use thinkpads in space tho.

>implying autists on Sup Forums do anything mission critical
Anime doesn't count. Just use Ubuntu.

>I guarantee you the ISS is not running ubuntu.
You're right, the ISS is running Debian.

>shuttle program shut down
>outsourcing launches to russians
>soon forever enslaved by musk and bezos
>JWST eternally delayed
So.. this is the power of loonix.

damn now I want that t-shirt

>implying NASA can sent anything into space, ever
>implying the ISS is real
>implying the earth is a globe

what a qt. think they ever fugg in space?

but they are not in space

NASA codes in python

>ywn have weightless sex with a qt in the ISS and watch your cum fly everywhere

They run NetBSD on critical infrastructure you dipshits

Is that the usual reaction that an astronaut has when an alien life form literally teleports inside your space station? You just reach up there and nonchalantly grab it?

NASA stopped using Ubuntu a long time ago, friends.

Most of the engineers use Mac's and the core infrastructure runs on Windows as it always has.

T. Aunt works for NASA.

You're both incorrect, they switched from Debian to Ubuntu for a brief period, possibly to try some new software. But they run Windows the vast majority of the time.

>Most of the engineers use Mac's and the core infrastructure runs on Windows as it always has.

Then we wonder why
-there is no moonbase
-we aren't on the mars yet
-the aliens won't visit us.

based

How would using GNU/Linux have helped with any of that?

this. theyve become a bunch of effeminate bitches since trump came to office. during the eclipse they tweeted out melania trumps activity every 20 minutes like they were her own fucking personal blog. what a fucking joke nasa has become

here's a reply my good friend, I enjoy your contribution.

>not wanting to hear about the god empress's daily doings

Beats fake news about muh global warming.

As long as you don't run unity or gnome on it it's fine

>mission critical slingshot around Titan
>initiate hyper-burn in 3, 2, 1..
>*ding* NEW DEAL ON AMAZON CLICK TO OPEN
>OS crashes
>drift into the sun

If Ubuntu was a community driven project like Debian and not run by Canonical I would use it without a second thought.

We recently moved all of our workstations to fedora and servers to CentOS at work because of Canonicals skullduggery. I was opposed to it in the first place since Canonical is a joke of a company and is still heavily in debt. They haven't ever made a single penny in their decade of operarting.

>gaming PC for windows

>Literally anything else Debian/Ubuntu

What kind of slavery is wage slavery? Is it the kind you can quit whenever you like? Seems a strange kind of slavery to me.

>supporting NASA
>not believing in climate change

What theme is that?

I like Fedora personally

Does it still randomly make symlinks everywhere when you move shit around?

>the mental gymnastics Sup Forums needs to make to send the ubermensch to coal mines

>Chad physique
>Virgin stance

WORLDS COLLIDE

This. Ubuntu MATE is the best GNU/Linux distro I've installed on my machine.
Ubuntu is not Fedora
The industry is actually moving away from RedHat towards Ubuntus because RedHat is just incompetent at supplying good out of the box solutions.
Canonical is in trouble because it was too ambitious - new display manager, new init system, new mobile os, etc. It's poor managment which has nothing to do with overall quality of their main products.

Canonical was in trouble before any of that, and enterprise runs on Windows, RHEL and FreeBSD

maybe. not sure that there is a reliable statistic about this. I've never seen a server that is not an Ubuntu or Debian.

Ubuntu is great. All I want is my unity 8 instead shiity gnome.

brb uninstalling Ubuntu since a bunch of hacks use it.

same here. Tried the latest beta - everything is snappy and works great but shitty gnome with an ugly uniti makeover is awful.

Thats why CIA (IOC) use these top 4 on the list and exploit them with:
- Aeris
- SambaCry
- Shellbind
- CoverSnail
- etc...

Windows is quite literally banned on ISS right now

Those statistics could be true, I'm merely stating what I've seen from working in the industry but i do wonder why Canonical is still so heavily in debt if they dominate the server industry so much.

Even after the huge Microsoft 'donation' recently Canonical are still around £60m in debt.

Do you have a source for this? I'm not challenging what you said I'm just interested and can't find the information myself

That's the team that handles the NASA twitter accounts mate.

How does it feel to know that HP Book 15's and iPads are replacing all the old Thinkpads?

lmgtfy "Windows banned ISS"

>HP Book 15'
pretty bad also i don't get how nasa lets magnesium cameras and laptops on the iss but fuck it.

nasa don't game.
I game.
Check mate scientists

This doesn't look like the usual productive working environment, more like a special event. Do they use Macs at their personal workstations as well? Do they do anything productive with Macs?

NASA casuals shouldst of installed gentoo

>If it's good enough for NASA, it's good enough for you.
Which is why I use Forth

Please, stop breathing.

That Chad "Guy" has nipplejuice flowing out of "his" right nipple

An average Sup Forums user is either a macfag or a gaymer. They're too stupid to handle Linux.

Pffft fuck NASA if its good enough for south Korean mecha designers its good enough for everyjuan.

no

It's still ubuntu, retard.

>filename
>virgin satellite
>as in orbiter
holy shit

such as installing cloveros?

Source?

>yfw traveling 600 mph in an ubuntu powered tin can.

go back to

Yes, Ubuntu is a great operating system. Unfortunately I have too much autism to use anything besides Gentoo. It is only a matter of time before I become a wizard.