Do people really fall for this shit?

Do people really fall for this shit?

I had a whole network of computers doing this like 10-12 years ago.

Someone somewhere will build something like this except they profit off of it somehow

Bitcoin?

> doesn't know about cryptocurrencies
wtf u doing on Sup Forums

But you profit off your own hardware with bitcoin. I think he was saying that someone will make a network where the network creator will profit off of everyone else's hardware.

ESEA?

it'd be more likely with BOINC than f@h

The only botnet I will join tbqh, don't bully

I prefer SETI

No, I run BOINC instead.

What project? Do they have some fancy biology project?

H@H

SETI, Collatz Conjecture, Einstien@Home, Enigma@Home, Milkyway@Home, Cosmology@Home

I heat my room with it.

When you uninstall it there is a survey of pre-populated answers to pick from as to why you decided to bin it. It's a good catalog of everything that's wrong with the project.

Einstien@Home is legit.

underrated

F@H profits only Stanford. You've gotta pay to access whatever they discover with it.

You bloody idiot. Pure research projects are never about money.

Crypto-currencies are a fool's errand for a profit. They are operate like a pseudo-Ponzi scheme. The early adopters try to hype uo and sucker in more and more people and cash out when SHTF for a quick profit. While the majority are completely SOL since there's is no near enough collateral to cover what is on "paper".

It is also becoming more and more difficult to convert those "x coins" into real-world currencies as more major financial institutions avoid crypto-currencies like the plague. Even If you want to deal with one, you have to give up anonymity.

I literally installed this on a lot of vms in my computer years ago

Botnet@home

Fapping@home

>folding proteins is now buttcoin mining

Why

>I think he was saying that someone will make a network where the network creator will profit off of everyone else's hardware.

Also known as a bitcoin botnet.