/mkg/ - Mechanical Keyboard General

/mkg/ - is ded?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
keypuller.com
web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)
pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB4044A
makeaboard.net/product/r96-groupbuy/
mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1168
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Buyer's template:
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous:

It is it we let it be.

But today is not that day. How is everyone? Here is a new picture.

Why do you keep posting the exact same keyboard every single thread?

For what reason would I purchase a second keyboard?

>tfw fell for the Matias quiet click meme
>user told me it felt better than Cherry MX Blues
> it feels like a fucking membrane

I looked for it before posting this thread, fuck

Anyone?

>tfw waiting for keyboard to ship from @$$drop

/mkg/ ded
its just that its a slow moving thread that cant keep up with hype waves.

long time ago i saw a thinkpad like keyboard with that feature, 60% also

thanks, I was considering them because I want a quieter keyboard. I'll look elsewhere, I keep seeing people say Matias QA is all over the place.

>long time ago i saw a thinkpad like keyboard with that feature, 60% also

Yeah apparently there was one made in china but now you can only get it through massdrop and I'm fucking impatient and reckless enough to jump into something head first. I found one with two buttons and the trackpoint, but I want the middle button so I can mclick and scroll with the trackpoint.

I guess I could just bind mclick to mod4+rclick or something but it feels like cheating

there's the model m13 but isn't great

same reasons you can come up with to buy four handguns

Looks like it has three buttons, at least one of the pictures I see appears to, so it meets my criteria. What exactly isn't great about it and where can I even find one?

Rekt

Going off the buyer's template.
>Budget: roughly $100-150 CAD
>Location: Canada
>Preferred switch type: Blues
>Layout: ANSI
>Form factor: 80-100%, full or tenkeyless
>Backlight: Not necessary, if so white only (no RGB)
>Previous/current keyboards: Logitech G710+
I tried out a friend's mx blue keyboard and like them much better than the mx browns I have now. Also, I hate the gamer aesthetic. The keyboard I have now sticks out like a sore thumb in my setup and I want something more subtle looking.

the nub isn't good in comparison to the ones on thinkpads
also I didn't check before posting but I did now, and it looks to have two buttons only. sorry

Well shit. Building a keyboard looks complicated, so it looks like I might be stuck using shit tier handmouse technology.

How do you feel about buckling springs?

>bug chinkmech
>c key double or triple presses
Wat do

I've never tried them although I've always wanted an IBM model m though I haven't since they're pricey and I'd end up trying to find one in autistically perfect condition.

I know buckling springs are similar to blues so I'd like to try them. Would they feel weird when playing games or are they fine for that? Also most buckling spring keyboards I've seen don't have a "modern" look (ie all black).

I played around with my uncle's model M a year ago and they felt great. Played some doom on it, felt fine for gaming purposes. so you might like this keyboard. It's under your budget, so you can invest in some nice black keycaps.

pckeyboard.com/page/product/UB4044A

I bring this site up because I found it when I was looking for a trackpoint keyboard and they seem to have good prices and support.

What do you guys think about the Whitefox, I'm thinking about getting one

That is tempting, the problem is that company ships from the states and I want to avoid paying the stupid import charges, plus I've heard that the build quality on unicomp keyboards is lackluster especially when it comes to the plastic.
Methinks if I'm gonna get buckling springs, I'm going to get model M. I'll try to stick with getting blues for my main keyboard.

Fair enough man. I just mentioned it because I was in the thread and happened to be looking at 'em anyway. Probably gonna get some blues myself, since I'm an idiot and I'm going to jump into building a keyboard right off the bat. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Basically... Everyone has prob already reached endgame.

not me, not until I can get a programmable kbd75 layout with silenced 55g topres

I'm typing on one right now, an Ultra Classic.

The mechanism is unbeatable, this is true but there are some problems with all their keyboards. The quality control is poor. The tolerances are not as precise and tight as they need to be to replicate the IBM days.

Also, 2KRO. Holding both shift keys and typing the standard typeface sentence yields this,

TE UIC RWN JUS VER TE LAY DG

Which is really unacceptable in 2017. There's no excuse for using such outdated circuitry especially on the "updated" Ultra Classic model. If you primarily type prose/code then it is unbeatable but it will suffer at gaming and other tasks which require complex key combinations.

It's still the main keyboard I use, warts and all. I just wish they'd up their game. Charge $200 for a modernized version with and I'd gladly pay for those buckling springs.

Thanks for all the info man. I might pick one up for the family computer and my kids and shit but I definitely need something better.

whoa

how can he ever recover from this

What's your favorite cherry MX switch user?

They're not as durable as the IBM ones. My go-to mechanical keyboard that I recommend is the CM Storm QuickFire. They're about $70 on Amazon compared to $100 from Unicomp after shipping.

WHO /endgame/ HERE?

hahaha

>user your keyboard is too loud

Ah, I understand now.

What is the P5 of keyboards?

is P5 good or bad?

god what a shitty mouse you have
t. g402 owner

Friendly reminder

makeaboard.net/product/r96-groupbuy/

Anyone have that one pic of the phone hooked up with a keyboard and mouse?

God that keyboard looks nice as fuck. Could only see myself using it on Easter though.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

If you asking about keycaps that's called SA 1965.

About board, it's render of 96-key layout.
check

Yeah after some poking around, I found the guy online that builds them. I actually just sent him a message. But I will do some more digging around now with that info. Thanks!

From previous thread... I heard from ASSdrop """support""".
Kek... what a shit company. I'm so glad I never gave them even a single dime.

BUY THE DAMN SOCKS

>Would they feel weird when playing games or are they fine for that?
Depends on the game. If it's rhythm games, then no, but other genres are fine.

>Also most buckling spring keyboards I've seen don't have a "modern" look (ie all black).
Best you can do is a black chassis with grey keys from Unicomp.

Hi guise,

I want the thockiest thocking 104-key keyboard. I hear the HHKB is pretty thocky, but I really prefer a full sized layout.

It seems like Topre are the way to go... Suggestions?

realforce 104U

the 84U with 55g topres is king thock, but the 104U is close and full size

Is there a way to mod the 104u to be more thocky? Like, 55g uniform?

Alternatively, is it possible to buy just the topre switches, to make a custom board? I'm guessing that due to the design, which requires a massive PCB, most likely not...

pretty much need a full donor board, not a cheap exercise

Leopold FC980C, trust me you wont regret it

general question

would it be possible to replace the pcb of a vortex race 3 with that of a ajazz ak33 rgb so i can have backlight and black switches, instead of silver ones? should be possible in theory since both are 75%, right?

Sup /mkg/, today I've found a 1986 Model F for €60 ($72), but the cable is missing (it's cut to the base). Is it worth it?

fuck no

How did i do guys ? So far i'm loving this little piece of keyboard

best layout in my opinion -- what's it called? 84-key? 75%?

65% it's a tada68, just got shipped from gookland

>HHKB for gaming
the fuck nigga

god damn it

hopefully there's a second gb

Are mechanical keyboards easy to clean?
My keyboards always seem to get really dirty

yes

What are some good MX black boards besides the steel series 6gv2? It seems black boards aren't too popular.
Also unrelated but MX white switches are heavier than blacks while being clicky right? What are the ones heavier than blacks without a bump or click? Any recommendations?

Greys

Was just looking at them. They seem pretty nice but I worry they might be too heavy. I don't think my MX black has them in the space bar so I can't really try them out

Are JIS-layout mechanical keyboards and keysets for them available? I would assume not since nips are such turbonormies when it comes to tech.

There are, but I wouldn't get them simply because your limited to white and beige sets

I would just like to help my Japanese friend be less of a turbonormie like nips tend to be when it comes to computing.

Just get him an hhkb

Yeah there's Chinese clone 55g domesheets and some guy in America was working on aftermarket BKE-style domes too.

No, you can buy individual Topre switch PCBs, domes and sliders but at this stage you still need a donor board for the slider housing.

I wish someone would build autopistol that points as well as an 1873 Colt

typing on one of these with an adapter

You can use any kb for gayman my dude.

Filco is a Japanese brand, under a company called Diatec
Your Japanese friend should be able to walk into any of the major electronics stores in Japan to find/try some models of mechanical keyboards, they're a lot better about having their electronic stores stocked with stuff, compared to useless shitholes like Best Buy here in the states. They should also have a lot easier time finding a group of dorks like us on the internet with resources in Japan.

No idea about keysets.

did you pull this out of your ass? looks disgusting, clean it!

JIS keysets are hard to find.

I heard Mionix sell JIS keysets.

Best sub-100 USD, non-tenkeyless Cherry MX Blue board?

TGS

how different are chink keycaps vs legit ones? getting good ones, i have to pay a fortune for shipping as a leaf.

Everything is made in china so what do you mean by legit?

what keyboards is this?
pic from /bst/, op did not respond

looks like corsair k65

whats the silver one in the bottom left corner?

i dont think its the same , the k65 have this extra panel, above the f keys, for the volum control buttons and pic related doesnt

user plz

i dont know , they look pretty different in my perspective

You're just a fucking loser dipshit brain dead nigger

you can't be helped then

how can u say that when all the keycaps , etc are different than the other pic you posted

only some are different, and that's because he replaced some of them. no idea what "etc" is

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1168

Is Gateron a meme? Who even makes boards with them?

there's also a big ridge on the top part where the f keys are located

Are people really this retarded?

Hnnng

I just bought a MantisTek GK2 with blue keys for $40. How dumb am I, Sup Forums?

Why can't you accept that its a corsair keyboard? If you don't like it then get a corsair clone like E-element or eagle tech

Both. From the 1980s, extremely well built, expensive, aesthetic, but has a 7/10 tactile interface.

Trying to decide which ones of these I'd save if there was a fire.

i would not admit something that i believe is wrong , why would i do that? if you could look at both image objectively you may see the glaring difference in them

Are there any keyboards for people with sweaty hands that literally form puddles inbetween their keys?

Sick of swapping out to a rubber dome keyboard when playing games because of the my chink outemu blues stop working from all the sweat.

sounds like you need a waterproof keyboard you disgusting little shit.