github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/4772
doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt.html#MouseButton-enum
github.com/haasn/mpv/commits/vulkan
madvr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Noob question
Is direct rendering active?

No

Why do the most recent windows builds lock up my entire computer for 5 seconds any time I try to load a video or stream using youtube-dl?

update youtube-dl?

No. Upload frame needs to be "DR". You also waste resources on Krigbilateral shader.

How do I activate then?
I'm running "vd-lavc-dr=yes" in my .conf.

Is Krigbilateral worthless now?

See Help pls
Specs:
RX 580 8GB
i5 6600k
16GB of Ram
Win 10

Once again asking about Mouse Button 4 & 5, can't find anything about it
Does anyone know what the key code is?

>You also waste resources on Krigbilateral shader.
t.Pentium 2

run mpv --input-test --force-window --idle

Try different opengl-backend.

Perfect, thanks
I was unaware mpv had such a useful feature

Dear mpv devs, please create an anime preset so we don't have to fuck around to make anime look good. Make something that works well for most anime.

What the fuck

Does DR even work on Windows?
I thought it was linux only.

bird poo

I think it works for some on Win buy yeah.

Works with opengl-backend=win

* Almost triples my timings though

It works on any GL implementation new enough to support GL_ARB_buffer_storage, as well as any vulkan implementation that supports at least one host-visible memory type.

Same, I'm running 0.27.0 "stable"
Specs

I'm on the latest shinchiro build 1700/1080

Dont bother with DR on Windows. Its pretty cool for 4K playback but not a must have.

Made a .m3u playlist but when the first video gets to the end, the other one won't start...

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/blob/master/TOOLS/lua/autoload.lua

Thanks. I've read this script 3 times now, but I still don't entirely understand if it will do what I want, nor how to use it. I placed it on the scripts folder, and now what?

My .m3u file is just:
>M:\Media\Video\Series\Serial Experiments Lain\Season 01\Ending.mkv
>M:\Media\Video\Series\Serial Experiments Lain\Season 01\S01E01.mkv
>M:\Media\Video\Series\Serial Experiments Lain\Season 01\Opening.mkv

The autoload script is for loading all media files in the folder. You just put it into scripts folder and it works.
>My .m3u file is just:
What youre trying to achieve?

Yeah I don't want that, I'd have to put every episode + opening + ending on its own folder.

This anime I downloaded doesn't have the ending nor opening included on each episode, they're separate files. It's incomplete to me. I wanna watch the OP and ED every time, or at least have them attached to the episode. So I made a playlist so that it plays OP > episode > ED, but it gets stuck at the end of OP. And yes they're in reverse order as listed above but that's beside the point.

What release group?

only had bad problems with it, including a lot of freezes sometimes whenever you change subs or volume audio, more ram usage, etc..

Werks for me. Just made an m3u file with things below. No problems.
>anime1.mkv
>anime2.mkv

NPC

Try to add angle-flip=no

How do i control camera with 360 video shader? Dont tell me its not possible please.

No way to control variables for external shaders at all

There was some work on a native version that lets you look around with the mouse; but that work died down because apparently nobody ended up caring.

After I updated windows MPV, I can no longer scroll through the video with the mouse wheel. I tried adding it in input.conf but it didn't work?

How can I get that function back?

You could be that person!

github.com/mpv-player/mpv/pull/4772 has a lot of information and some experimental patches for the various components (e.g. a patch for mouse look floating around somewhere, a patch for the metadata loading (already in master), a handful of semi-optimized shaders, explanations of where to hook it up in the mpv code, etc.)

Only missing somebody who wants to do the grunt work

Was this your own input.conf? The mouse button mapping was changed

Not him
Isn't that the default behavior?

>You could be that person!
Every tiem.

Yes, it is. Since it doesn't work for him I assume he's using some custom input.conf and probably doesn't bother reading terminal messages either

>terminal messages
Is there any way to see those if you don't use a cli to launch mpv? Are they the same as what --log-file produce?

My own input.conf

I can't find the new name for scrolling up an down anywhere?

doc.qt.io/qt-5/qt.html#MouseButton-enum

WHEEL_UP
WHEEL_DOWN

Not really. Log-file is barely a substitute: it always logs verbose by default (masks actual errors) and doesn't color-code the messages, making it much harder to read.

Pic related, terminal output

>qt5
how many wrong turns did you take to accidentally make your way from the mpv documentation into the qt5 documentation?

I have this and it's not working:
WHEEL_UP seek 10
WHEEL_DOWN seek -10

It's on their changelog

Hmm I see, that does indeed look quite useful
I guess I'll just save it for when I have issues then, I don't think there's any way I can spawn a terminal on Windows when opening a file

Run this It's probably
AXIS_UP/DOWN or something

Whoah, thanks. Turns out mouse_button4 and 5 are the same as the scroll wheel, not the side buttons

That's really odd

The new mouse button bindings in mpv 0.27.0 are these:
MBTN_LEFT
MBTN_LEFT_DBL
MBTN_MID
MBTN_MID_DBL
MBTN_RIGHT
MBTN_RIGHT_DBL
WHEEL_UP
WHEEL_DOWN
WHEEL_LEFT
WHEEL_RIGHT
MBTN_BACK
MBTN_FORWARD

The rationale for changing them was that they were a clusterfuck before and they were different on every platform. The new binding names are the same on every platform (X11, Wayland, Windows, macOS,) so for example, BACK and FORWARD are always the side buttons, WHEEL is always the mouse wheel and so on.

MOUSE_BTN0-MOUSE_BTN8 still work, but they are deprecated. They should work the same as they did in mpv 0.25.0, but only in X11. On other platforms they might be different. If you use these, you should switch to the new bindings.

Do you have an old build of mpv? This was all changed in 0.27.0.

Bah, madVR 0.92.3 was not that massive. :(
Just a stupid new screenshot feature.

If he's using shinchiros builds they're yet to be updated

dumb changes

pooinzoor BTFO

>its fucking nothing
>again

Are you sure his 20170909 build doesn't have them? They were done on the 3rd.

I just double checked and 20170909 does indeed have them, my mistake.

mpv 0.28 is going to be huge

I doubt it.

github.com/haasn/mpv/commits/vulkan

Having working Vulkan is nice but nothing HUGE in my opinion. It probably wont be any better than what we have now for a while.

It's literally a huge change though, 10k lines of code

It's also not just vulkan, mpv 0.28 will most likely also have d3d11 and maybe d3d12

well, hdr support for madtpg is kinda huge for people using calman, lightspace, argyllcms, displaycal, hcfr etc for display calibration. of course it's only of interest for users who have a meter etc...

When will they make a mpv dev meetup irl so I can go suck haasn's dick?

>vulkan
>d3d11
In 2020 maybe so it will not be in the 0.28. :(

Useless for mpv anime retards...

Its cool i guess but whats the benefits???

cant find ngu shader. its not on user scripts page.

NGU-Sharp --> try FSRCNN from igv
NGU-AA --> try RAVU r4 from bjin

madvr.com

Why mpv has no NGU?

It's not open source duh, unless it was leaked from the madvr leak that one time.

Oh, it was created by madvr author and is closed source? That sucks.

Because NGU is a proprietary crap from Madshit.

They can't add it without reverse engineering it and doing so and reimplementing it would have consequences. He'll go MAD and sue or something if they dare do it, thus they'll make something better instead of wasting time on reversing it.

>they'll make something better instead
doubt.png

I hope your right though and wish them luck.

FSRCNN is NGU
NGU is FSRCNN with added/removed layers and stuff + hard-coded anti-bloating or some crap like that.

Real shit?! I only found fsrcnn lq shader. Why there is only lq?

Medium and HQ later

Possibly some tweaked awarpsharp

Its all makes sense now...

>Medium and HQ later
Soon?

needs gather/compute shaders

Are they complicated to implement? I'm a newfag but curious.

What did he mean by this?

that he didn't rtfm where it explicitly says mpv has no GUI and that the OSC is not intended to be one

Just give the man a volume rocker!!!

the man can use a frontend if he wants pointless features
also a volume rocker is not a volume slider

What's wrong with using the mouse wheel?

>a volume rocker is not a volume slider

Maybe he doesn't have a mouse wheel?

CTRL+d af toggle drc=2:0.25
a af toggle pan=1:[0.5,0.5]

I use this for shows where the sfx is much louder than the voices, mostly works to balance the audio, but sometimes it makes the voices disappear completely and only the sfx remains.

Why does this happen?

do you even watch anime?

2-3 per season, depends on the season.

Which season usually has the best anime?