The more I learn this language the more I love it. How do I become a master at C?

The more I learn this language the more I love it. How do I become a master at C?

bumpu

have you already read that book?

Linux Man is your best friend for best reference at system calls and other functions - threads, memory allocation, file I/O - it's all in here.
Try doing some advanced-level projects, such as server and client, or try reading some open source projects sources.

src

C is from stone age and the people who still preach it is like overgrown toddlers that can't learn advanced things. C is for lesser programmers.
C doesn't have delegates
C doesn't have resizable arrays
C doesn't have strings
C doesn't have string concatenation
C doesn't have namespaces
C doesn't have exception handling
C doesn't have closures in the standard
C doesn't have unit tests
C doesn't have Function overloading
C doesn't have memory safety of any kind
C doesn't prevent memory exploits and has no bounds and runtime checks
C doesn't support dynamic method loading/creating
C doesn't even have generics and templates
C doesn't have meta programming
C doesn't have mixins
C doesn't have higher order functions
C doesn't have contract programming
C doesn't have inner classes
C doesn't have function literals
C doesn't have array slicing
C has a very limited support for implicit parallelism
C doesn't even have string switches

C is a cancer that plagues the modern software industry

C is a disservice to intelligent programmers. It has almost 0 features that a modern and intelligent programmer uses to be productive. Since C is such a timesink, it's popularity is falling more than any other languages in the market.
C is dying and it should die ASAP. C programmers are actually retards in general. C is a small language to grasp, exactly the kind of shit that makes things retard friendly.
C has no advanced features like C++ does.

But as a newfag you are kinda in the right direction. C is for newbies. Think of it this way:
During ancient times, counting to 10 was a big deal and a person who could count to 10 was considered to be "wise".

Fast forward a few century counting to 10 is so trivial we teach this to toddlers. Now toddlers appreciate the vast "knowledge" of counting to 10 while matured brains are busy with modern technologies.

I'm currently about halfway through it. A+ book imo, just curious what to do after I finish it.

21st century c is probably the best to read afterwards to get up to date on the latest changes.

Move to C++.
You can do exactly the same things in a cleaner and faster way.
I'm dead serious.

C is useful for learning but not that good for actual use.

Nobody fucking cares of what you do, you fucking pedo. Go hang yourself.

Fullstack code artisan detected

Buy a rope and name it Henry

>bitches about C not having the crutches that you require
>then implies that hes smarter than C programmers

unironically agree. c is for brainlets who can't grasp higher orders of abstraction so cling to c in a sad attempt to try and cover up their deficiencies.

Also, it's possible the beast behind OOP and business logic was unveiled after dealing with them for years. Then, we may be looking for peace of mind and run away for the beast, or for the most brave, try to kill it.
It's a hopeless battle, but it's also a matter of faith. OOP in itself may not be evil, but it represents and serves something we see as evil.

tl;dr ocaml died for our sins, repent now and bring FP in your hearts

Learn something that's not-C.
C doesnt have useless shit that harms performance. Also you could pretty much make half of things youve listed yourself.

Got more of that tarot card artwork?

All memes aside, what is C used for in this day and age, aside from low level embedded systems?
Doesn't everyone use C++?
I have no agenda so don't shit on me, I just want a clear answer

Most free (as in freedom) software is still in C, because it's the lingua franca across devs and systems alike. For closed-source and/or enterprise projects, this matters less, so you'll find more Seppels or whatever is established or fashionable in the field and at that point in time.

>at that point in time
Isn't it unreasonable to imply C++ usage is just fashionable or temporary but that C is timeless?
>the lingua franca across devs and systems alike
What is the reason for this?

>>the lingua franca across devs and systems alike
>What is the reason for this?
At first I'd say Unix, when it was rewritten in C in the 70s, it was pretty much the only OS which source and documentation was freely available, so it was taught widely in university courses, C as a first high-level language, Unix for the basics of systems programming. POSIX set the API in stone, making C the language that both Unix hackers and IT giants agreed working with.