/wt/ watch thread

This thread is about the appreciation of horology, as well as the micro-engineering and materials engineering that are required to make a fine watch, clock, or other timepiece.

>Required viewing for newbies:
youtu.be/_2J5phyd9J4

>Strap Guide: pastebin.com/SwRysprE

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/news/a28213/new-watch-mechanism-zenith/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pic and timestamp for proof

I was raped last night at a haloween party (femanon), the guy put xanax in my drink and fucked my while I slept in my own bed. I am on the pill but he did not use a condom and came inside me.

what are the odds I have herpes or syphilis or something?

do i have to go to the doc with no symptoms?

also how many men would do this?

please note that i live in Australia so the time zones are different

Go to the police or STFU, lying cunt.

i just want to know if it will matter since i would have herpes anyway

That Seiko though, you should thank the guy for leaving you with such a great timepiece in your posession.

>haloween party
>drink
>invites a guy like that
You deserve it you whore. Although I'm sure you wanted it and now you're playing the victim for attention

A while back I ordered this good quality canvas Nato strap for a really nice price (like 9€ shipped) from the USA. The only thing that bothers me is having to watch the tip of the strap on the upper side of my wrist every time I look at my watch.
Do Americans make extra long straps because most of them are fat and therefore have fatty big wrists?

Doesn't look like a nato to me

Fuck, my mistake. Meant to write canvas strap.

To answer your first question: Yes, mericans make extra long straps because of fat wrists.

Post more of that sturmanskie.

I see, just like as I supposed. Here a pic of my Sturmanskie next to some toilet paper I bought on a trip I made to Ukraine last week.

The case back is cool too imo.

>You deserve it you whore. Although I'm sure you wanted it and now you're playing the victim for attention
rude

>Ukraine

what's the weather like in Big Israel?

>what's the weather like in Big Israel?

What are you implying? Didn't notice many kikes there.
Went on an adventure trip to the Chernobyl area, its nuclear power plant and Prypiat. Spent two days in Kiev too, funny enough didn't see almost any souvenir shop consisting of old Soviet shit, may be due to the conflict. Just saw one guy selling some Soviet ushankas and tourist special Russian watches. Would have bought one just for the sake of it, but didn't have any Ukranian hryvnia cash on me left and the guy didn't accept mastercard/visa.

If legit go to the Police. If the creep really goes far enough to spike drinks once (how do you even know it's xanax?) he'll do it again.

If you're lying then I hope you get raped for real, this time while conscious, whore.

Nice looking timepiece right there. I would suggest getting a display caseback, it would work especially well in a chronograph.

I actually own another 3133 chronograph with display caseback, which is actually on sale right now (in case some Euroanon is interested).
I don't feel like putting a display caseback on the Sturmanskie since I really like the original one and I'd like to preserve its originality.

is the SKX007j worth $50 more than the non Japanese model?

if nothing else they seem to hold their value better

How much are you asking for that?

Inbetween all the anger you make a few good points.

>Quartz is technology.
I agree. The sad thing is that you get to chose between
- either battery life time of ore than one year but usually an ugly design
- or a 2 days battery lifetime between recharges that can show a nice design.

If you want nice looking designs (or complications) you end up with very expensive mechanical designs that will cost you 2000 bucks every 5 years in maintenance.

Hello /wt/
I am a sucker for dress watches, what are some good dressy watches that I can wear as a daily watch?
Looking for something with a stainless steel case and a bit of water resistance.

ArchieLuxury on Spring Drive: "It's not a quartz watch... a mechanical watch regulated by a quartz crystal and an electromagnet."

Where were you when anti-seiko fags were unequivocally blown the fuck out?

Apple won.
Post the best watches people.

>Australia
>Halloween party
It's a larp, we don't do halloween.

>quartz regulated
Stopped reading there. I'm not interested in overpriced quartz shitters.
How much did you pay him to say this btw?

>I'm only interesting in crappy inaccurate timepieces that require constant attention but never actually work quite right.

Currently this is who knows where b3ing shipped to nyc for repair, since nobody wants to mess with it elsewhere it seems
The reason being its hamilton but its pre swatch hamilton so anyone who does swatchgroup repairs is uncomfortable with it. Im convinced almost everyone i asked simply has an instructi9n guide for each watch in swatch group they follow and know nothing when its not.listed

300€ shipped within the EU

299€ sounds actually more marketable

make it ONLY 19,99 AND WE HAVE A DEAL

Kek

Holy fuck, that's a long strap. Pretty sure it was made for the American market.

That's not a NATO that's a CHEAPO

Anyone have any experiance with Botta watches? Are they actually quality watches made in Germany or are they just overpriced generic ones assembled in Germany

I don't usually browse this thread so I don't know if you guys already know about this, but apparently there has been a new innovation in watch mechanics after 342 years of using the same technique. I thought people who are still using this kind of technology should know this.

popularmechanics.com/technology/gear/news/a28213/new-watch-mechanism-zenith/

Yup, it's pretty cool stuff. I wonder if it will catch on though, since I could see plenty of people arguing against it because it isn't traditional and thus 'real' watchmaking or something. It also seems like it would be hard to replicate with old-fashioned materials, which may make some manufacturers shy away from it since they might not be able to repair one 20 years from now. In one of the videos they seemed to be making the part using somewhat large wafers which struck me as odd until I realized they probably don't care about the electronic properties in the slightest.

44mm diam
over $30k a pc

To where in NYC is it being shipped?

being this new

HOW DARE YOU PUT PUTINS FACE ON TOILET PAPER UKRAINE IS RIGHTFUL RUSSIAN CLAY YOU KIKE LOVING COMMUNIST.

>putting xanax in your drink
wew

>tfw /wt/ is making me get /fit/
Thanks for the motivation guys.

To the user looking for a case ref for this - afraid best I can do is the movement is a 2240 and the year is '74.

Budget?

The Seiko Spirit in cream, SARB035.

he said dress watch the sarbs have lume

>tfw European EUroboo
>tfw love Russia
>tfw love Ukraine

Have visited both countries and love them equally, why can't we all be friends? ;_;

Yes, and?

Budget is anything between 1 - 300 dollars, since I want it as a daily (semi beater) watch.

The sarb was a nice suggestion, but it doesn't tickle my dress watch sense enough.

>>tfw /wt/ is making me get /fit/

So your wrists aren't fat in pictures?

>everyone getting /fit/ is a fatass

>Being even more of an horological peasant than a brand whore binman buying perceived status on credit

No.

>>everyone getting /fit/ is a fatass

That seems to be the predominant trend, yes.

It's a quartz watch.
>archieluxury
>not some fat, ugly faggot who drives shitter cars and puts up a fake personality only an autist would believe

Is there anything I should know about Seiko King Quartz? I love this 80s design but is it accurate? Battery life okay?

There are a good number of folk here with penis quartz seikos. IIRC they're pretty accurate.

Latest acquisition, what do you think?

Those are cool, but not seeing the time at a glanse ruins them for me.

Did I do well?

Neat

We've been talking about that new movement since it was first teased a while ago. It looks legitimately interesting, and hopefully Zenith eventually puts it in a watch that isn't utterly ghastly.

Well, since most of the unique components are MEMS manufactured anyway, so long as they files are kept they should be able to generate spare parts on demand indefinitely, no?

How much water resistance do you want? I wouldn't treat any watch without a screw down crown as being water resistant for more than handwashing, and you aren't finding anything dressy with a screw down crown for $300 or less.

From what I've read there are no plans to put it in a case smaller than 44x14.5

Financebro?

From what I've seen they plan to shrink the production version compared to the 10 watch prototype and put it into a variety of case styles eventually.

So let me make sure I have this right
Pay a little or a decent amount and you get an accurate quartz with durability, accuracy, and battery life, and can be either sporty or dressy depending on how you look. Still have to pay a bit to get one with a nice finish.

Pay a little and get an acceptable mechanical that compromises on the aspects above, and you get a neat ticking sound with sweeping hands.

Pay out the ass and get a mechanical that still isn't quite as good as the quartz.

@62444328

>Post the best watches people.
Done. And appleshit watches absolut bullshit.

>still isn't quite as good as the quartz
Keep shilling quartzfag

>done
Heh, that's where you're wrong kiddo.

:^)

Nice turbofranken there, tovarich.

The blue is among the best simple three hands chronometers all around. The new jumping seconds is another kind of watch.

Watch repairs USA
Just looks long because its 16mm

Homo-engineers agree: we LUV homoherology fags.

>expensive quartz cuck

Good luck. I have never heard anything good about them, but hopefully they don't screw you over.

;^)

I work for Bloomberg, not really in finance.

Picked this watch since I've been looking for a 70s style led for a while; almost picked up a gerlach kosmonauta until I saw this in good but untested condition on eBay. Module works, but one pusher is sticky and needs cleaning. Case is in pretty good shape, never polished but has some scratches.

How is it better other than muh sweeping hands? If you talk about the method that goes into it rather than the result or some kind of romanticism about virgin Swedish hands making the watches then it's just the ideal and not the qualities of the product itself.

What do you think

That AAA makes it look gross. The print is too large. Take a better photo.

Considering i got it off ebay for $60, and everywhere wanted close to 1000s to repair it, its nbd, if they ask too much ill just ask to have it shipped back as rn juet inspecting it

>I wonder if it will catch on though, since I could see plenty of people arguing against it because it isn't traditional and thus 'real' watchmaking or something.

I think this could be a transition just like when photography changed in that you could do a lot more control on the camera and also more post processing. Lighting then is not the main point but composition has become the most important thing.

It would be an enormous improvement if the focus could turn to providing elegant face designs rather than fetishising the gear train behind it.

Neat, but holy shit does it ever look disgusting.

>nigger-huge size

Are you ((()))?

that dot on your arm is a staph infection of a hair follicule

>hired in major city
>work in skyscraper
>buy old nipshit with day in japanese

God bless you user, you've shown me the error of my ways.

>41mm
>niggerhuge
ok manlet

>"40mm is the smallest a man should have"
check out r/watches

Versatile, high quality, accurate and neat. A perfect every day watch.

When did I say that? 36 and 38mm are fine. If you think 40-42 is huge you have tiny wrists.