Speedtest thread

Speedtest thread.

Let's see who has the best and worst connection (Australia)

it seems theyve increased d/l by 10, and reduced u/l by 5-7. wtf time warner (now spectrum)

$70/month

USA

What do I win?

It's okay

Zero European dollars per month.

Seems like I got you beat Can't top this bang for buck

Yeah but not being a finn... I think it's still a net win for me.

>Zero European dollars per month.
Yeah because you're in school.

Plenty of schools in the US have free fiber for students as well.

Verizon FiOS is a residential internet company though, so that's not some University or business connection.

Sure, but this is a private connection provided by the student union. Not a school connection with extra rules

Still likely paid for by the university. Again, you find the same shit in the US too.

Student housing (at decent schools) will generally have pretty fast fiber for student use.
My school only offered 250mbps. But this was ~5+ years ago now so they might be offering 1gbps these days, i don't know.

Hi! I'm a normal person!

>tfw you get 1gbps fiber but could upgrade to 2gbps fiber for only double the cost.

Nigger what the fucj

$40 a month, uk -_-

$60 a month, Australia
Unmetred data.

What is up with UK and shitty internet?

$80 per month here

is that dialup?

Romania

I pay 8 euros for this.

no infrastructure and most areas have long standing construction in place and deploying fiber would be more expensive than somewhere with new construction that's purpose built with fiber installations in mind.

Basically cost.

Ouch

Romania is a meme country

>Super good internet
>Can't drive to the supermarket because roads don't exist

I'm paying $30 (approx $22 USD) on a monthly basis.

Idk, my road to the supermaket seems ok.

Something like $60 USD a month

New Zealand

Life is good, friends!

Fios gigabit is the shit. Obviously gigabit is awesome, but it's particularly awesome when it doesn't come with the Google botnet, or the unreliability, lack of accountability and general incompetence of local/ municipal ISPs.

Their support is pretty awful, but the shit generally works well enough that you'd never have to interact with them.

60 NZD a month for 'up to' 100/20, uncapped

For sure, best ISP i've ever had, and thankfully i've had them for the past 11 years.

started at 20/5mbps. Then eventually got 25/25mbps. Upgrade to 50/50, then 75/75 for a few years, eventually moving to 150/150mbps. Played around with 300/300mbps for a month but switched back to 150/150mbps for 2-3 years until gigabit finally became available.

Was paying $145/month for 150/150mbps, now i'm paying $70 for gigabit.

Including the 10Gb router and LAN equipment?

>2017 not living on the east coast of the US

it's like ~$15
I might get gigabit in the future since it's available here already.

Campus wifi is shit but the wired connection is breddy gud. Keeps the normies from hogging the connection with their netflix and chilling.

Installation is $500, activation is $500.

The service includes a Juniper ACX2100/2200 L3 switch. Which is fed directly with SFP+ fiber.
It has a 1gbps ethernet drop and a 2gbps SFP+ drop. Both connections are assigned separate static IPs, and technically both can be used simultaneously (so it's technically ~3gbps in aggregate total).

The routing equipment provided is a basic Netgear Nighthawk X6 or similar. Which only does 1gbps ethernet. So for the 2gbps SFP+ drop you need to provide your own router since the Juniper ACX2100/2200 is only used as a switch (even though it's fully capable of being a router, they don't let you use it as one). They use the Juniper ACX2100/2200 as a $7000+ network switch.

So total cost to me would be $1000 for the service and another ~$1000-1500 for routing equipment and NICs and other shit take take advantage of the service.

Out of pocket expense somewhere around $2000-3000. Monthly cost would go up from $70/month for 1gbps to $150/month for 2gbps.

>Juniper ACX2100

>$8,112.99

100 AUD a month capped at 1TB

I guess you could have it worse...

Brisbane, Australia. TPG Unlimited $60/month

Only 2km from the CBD, absolutely dismal

This doesn't make any sense.

3000円 per month
日本
チンクフォーン

>Unlimited
Because you guys still have limited subscriptions ?

Yeah we buy monthly packages of x gigabytes (usually 20, 50, 100, 250, 500 or unlimited)

>the virgin media
>vs the chad agency