TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY IS COMING

So Qualcomm is making Neuromorphic chips now :

technologyreview.com/s/526506/neuromorphic-chips/

How far away are we from the Tech. Singularity?

What's your guess?

(Luddites please GTFO)

Other urls found in this thread:

u.teknik.io/91Tmm.png
research.ibm.com/cognitive-computing/neurosynaptic-chips.shtml#fbid=1C2AHHMMWdh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Neuromorphic chips attempt to model in silicon the massively parallel way the brain processes information as billions of neurons and trillions of synapses respond to sensory inputs such as visual and auditory stimuli. Those neurons also change how they connect with each other in response to changing images, sounds, and the like. That is the process we call learning. The chips, which incorporate brain-inspired models called neural networks, do the same. That’s why Qualcomm’s robot—even though for now it’s merely running software that simulates a neuromorphic chip—can put Spider-Man in the same location as Captain America without having seen Spider-Man before.

>How far away are we from the Tech. Singularity?
Funny enough we were closer to it 3 years ago than we're now, academia isn't about academia anymore so the only true technologic progress is coming from private companies

>Funny enough we were closer to it 3 years ago than we're now
why?

China is determined to beat the US at AI

they're putting shitloads of money into it

ni hao, wakey wakey

>hurr durr we are making computers work like the human brain! even though we actually have no idea how the human brain works yet

>put Spider-Man in the same location as Captain America without having seen Spider-Man before.
wat

>they're putting shitloads of money into it
Yeah too bad they aren't actually serious. Groupthink is a major problem in academic research, particularly hard sciences. It's what makes diversity the number one priority of our age. You can throw all the money in the world at a problem, but if the scientists are all inbred white or chinese with no other cultural inputs they won't accomplish anything.

>writing bots no considers to be AI
fucking media I swear.
Carmack implemented semi sapient bot in quake fucking one

You need to get gassed. White people alone have invented literally everything you used to make that post.

>wypipo invented everything
Read a book billy-bob, almost every "invention," whites have made was on the back of brown math and science discoveries.

So fuck off to Africa and go live in the technologically advanced superscience society they surely must have built by now. Niggerlover.

Neuromorphism was to solve the problem of both quick-access and persistence, it's literally worthless unless you figure out how to store complex information better.

>MIT Technology Review

>Hello,

>We noticed you're browsing in private or incognito mode.

>To continue reading this article, please exit incognito mode or log in.

>Not an Insider? Subscribe now for unlimited access to online articles.

Into the trash.

wreks for me
u.teknik.io/91Tmm.png
4chog said image is too large

I guess all that hate and delusion is necessary when India and Russia have a launch-capable space program and you no longer do. :^)

nvm you're right it doesn't work on incognito on ff,
on chrome you can enable addons on incognito

Cheers for the pic tho

damn rekt

>was on the back of brown math and science discoveries.
Feel free to give examples

Gee that sure is a pretty big buzzword you got there.
>> implying we won't develop some completely new AI algorithm that will make these chips obsolete

shit isn't really new, I'll believe computers are intelligent when I sees it

Feel free to give your own examples. India and the Arab empires invented almost all of your math. I guess you were too busy fapping to russian propaganda about muh muslim rape gangs to learn that huh?

Just algebra and systems of equations. Descartes was more influential

>what is burden of proof
>being this mad that all you have to support your claim is contributions to science that are centuries old which don't account to "all math"
>WE WUZ MATHEMATICIANS
Euclid, Pythagoras, Archimedes, etc. were brown too amirite? Nobody is denying eastern contributions to science but those are not relevant when the topic is modern inventions and people. Also I'm not the same guy so calm down you .

Up for debate sure Mesopotamia was the cultural hub at the time it did include some Europe. So we get the foundation of algebra and equality but that's only a very small part. Algebra can't exist without the cartesian plane. They never touched on physics, geometry, statistics, trig or calculus and that's the bulk of mathematics. Now arithmetic which is the foundation of everything is up for debate

The cotton 'gin' was an incredible advancement in fiber parsing technology

>could soon
they're just fishing for grant money

it's not how it works

It's inventor is white

We Wuz Kangz n' shit amirite?

Imagine being so fragile about your "culture," that you have to be this small about admitting other human beings had greater discoveries than your own.

>n-no u
>projecting
Perhaps clinging onto what people done centuries ago and ignoring some of them selectively will make you better about being BTFO in modern times.

is this just PR buzzwording quantum bits?

basically normies are freaking out over the same technology thats been in the works since the 70s

its not a human brain it just has a extra option instead of yes or no

it has a maybe option which equals both

binary = yes/no - on/off
quantum bit = maybe - both

its a neuromorphic chip posting

to simplify it

binary = 0 or 1
quantum = 0 or 1 or 0+1

it allows a variable instead of a definitive answer which allows it more flexability instead of a predefined option like a scheduled task

its a new way of computing so it can decieve people into thinking its human like but it doesnt have abstract thinking or self awareness

>brown math
Is that what's taught in India?

How many if-else blocks are there in its microcode?

IBM did it before, and it's a meme anyway.
Buy Tesla V100 for your meme needs.

Choose your side now, cyber virgin or biological chad

>tfw not installing Jewish augmented reality lenses will be an act of subversion

did they train a NN to recognize superheroes or something?

Imagine being so ignorant of history that you gloss over the massive amount of greek works the abbasids burned just because they like some greek math and astronomy enough to save a few scrolls

this is literally what GPUs are already doing...

>How far away are we from the Tech. Singularity?
they can't even make one OS without bugs and they expect me to install one on my brain?

at least 140 years till that is possible.

And his bots in q3 could shit talk you as good as modern chatbots back in 1999.

What? That doesn't even make sense.

The space shuttle was not the only launch system that NASA, let alone the entire US, had.

marketing bullshit
ibm beat them to this particular avenue of bullshit

research.ibm.com/cognitive-computing/neurosynaptic-chips.shtml#fbid=1C2AHHMMWdh

I don't know, but I better get my Deus Ex cyberpunk future soon.

Well, I looked it up like you said, and it turned out that the only 'contribution' either of those two made to mathematics was algebra, and the actual mathematician who invented it was greek, not arab. He just happened to live in alexandria.

Shitskin btfo

China can't do shit. All they can do is copy/steal western research because their school systems encourage cheating rather than critical thinking skills. So if the west isn't making anything then China isn't either.

你好彭哟。那这花蕊吗?

why do people reply to such obvious bait?