4K TV as Monitor

Why are you not using a 4k TV as a monitor with a comfy reclining chair?

>but muh input lag

false, my TCL 605 has only 14 ms of input lag, not noticeable at all.

The picture quality is far superior to 4k monitors

Other urls found in this thread:

tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-u3415w-34-inch-ultra-wide-curved-monitor,4186-7.html
youtube.com/watch?v=Toft6fMvByA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because I have a 5k iMac.

Any more questions, pleb?

>small mcdonalds drink
aren't like the large ones only $1?

>27 inch screen

pleb

its a free water, I don't drink soda

>water
homo

Because Im using my 32inch as a monitor

yeah the new models have very low input lag.
my curved 43 inch samsung is okay enough for shitposting and fallout.

>lose socks
AHHHH MAKE IT STOP I CAN FEEL IT FROM HERE FIX THEM NOW

I'm on a 50" samsung 4k TV right now.

Paired with a 1080ti, gaymen is amazing.

i am also using a 1080 ti on my 4k tv, it is the pinnacle of gaymen

14ms? I want 1ms >:(

fuckin aye!

>Sup Forums
You have to go back.

>Mcdonalds """""""""water"""""""""""

>fallout
play a real game

Why are you not using 34inch 2k curved monitor with posture supporting office chair in front of a natural light window?

It's like you don't want to be a healthy productive member of society user.

>implying any of my streaming and cable services broadcast in 4k

>using a mobile graphics card

If you wanted Apple, you should have bought an MBP and a separate monitor.

I actually had a 2k 34 inch ultrawide monitor, sad I fell for that meme, 4k tv is far superior

like what?

I know a faggot named Chase and he is a poorfag with shitty chromebook

>tfw part of the 5k iMac master race

Like almost anything other than those shit buggy games

>drudge report
>pol
>windows 10
>those socks

Nice argument, Kevin

i tried to play overwatch but grew tired after an hour

because I enjoy having 60fps, regular hdmi capped at 24fps on 4k tv

>this reaction image

nothing screams homosexual from plebbit like it

WRONG

no its not, hdmi 1.4 bandwith only allows 30hz...

If you can corelate certain reaction images with r*ddit, I have some news for you.

>not using active display-port to hdmi 2.0 adapter if you have crappy gpu
>not cheating with nvidia gpu and use ycbr 422 encoding to get 4k60 when you dont have hdmi 2.0
>not having a hdmi 2.0 capable gpu.

My TV has HDMI 2.0, as do all new ones

Holy shit I didn't even realize how much I hated this feel until this post

never thought in a million years that shitty TCL tv had 2.0 hdmi

It also has HDR and full array local dimming

>alse, my TCL 605 has only 14 ms of input lag, not noticeable at all.
>14ms
>not noticeable at all

wew.

When I was in-between apartments I crashed with my parents for a month and didnt want to bother unpacking my whole battlestation so I just used my desktop and my 4k TV and wow that was a learning experience.

Never under appreciate your monitor

the minimum absolute lag I have ever seen in a monitor was 7ms, there are no 1ms monitors.

The best monitors have 10 ms input lag

Are you able to show a review of this monitor?
I want to know things like static contrast ratio, light bleeding, viewing angles, and absolute lag... for around 600$ on a monitor size I want I am willing to put down money on it, but I have to know its not going to fuck me doing so.

what you were looking at is a tv where you can not turn any of the post settings off, funny enough the shittier the tv and less features they have, the better they become as monitors.

why that keyboard bro ?

yea it's just not the same, the response time is noticeable I used to think my hdtv was fast until I got an actual 4k monitor...not even close

>not wearing Sup Forums approved programming socks

Are there any good 4k HDR monitors yet? Or will I have to use a TV like OP

>LG
>not Dell

tomshardware.com/reviews/dell-u3415w-34-inch-ultra-wide-curved-monitor,4186-7.html

The big issue for me was PPI.

An UWQHD (3440x1440) monitor at 34" has 110 PPI, which is readable for OSes/apps with poor DPI scaling (e.g. Windows). But for 4k monitors, there's this big gap between 32" and 40" that 4k monitor manufacturers rarely produce in. 32" 4k is ridiculously small (138 PPI), while 40" 4k is good (110 PPI). But with 40" 4k you run into a separate issue involving the height of the screen.

It's easy for the head/spine to swivel left-to-right, but nodding it up-and-down repeatedly is strenuous. A 34" UWQHD screen is 13" high, which is tolerable if you're not sitting right up to the desk. But a 40" 4k screen is 20" high, which is enormous. For perspective, I have a 1080p TV which is 20" high, and I have to be several feet back from it to be comfortable viewing it (as a caveat, I have glasses).

If I can ensure that all the OSes on a system have good DPI scaling, then a 4k with higher PPI is a no-brainer. Otherwise though I'd rather go ultra-wide.

>14ms
>not noticable

I bet you play all your games in locked 30fps because theres no difference between 60 and 30.

Look at the rtings review

>He wears socks too big for his feet

>he thinks input lag is the same as response time

My laptop already has a 4k screen and it's the only computer I actually use nowadays

I'm short sighted and prefer not to need to wear my glasses when using a computer (mostly because they combine awkwardly with circumaural headphones).

man, in that pic you really look like you have landwhale tier tubby ankles, or at least disproportionately tiny feet.

that said, I was one of the early adopter of 40"+ HDMI 2.0 TV as monitor a few years ago, but moved to a proper 43" IPS monitor more recently, mostly for minor conveniences like DP ports, better positioned headphone jack, etc.

will probably upgrade again after proper UHD@120 40"+ monitors come out.

>I have tubby ankles

WRONG

By then Tv's with HDMI 2.1 and 4k 120 tv's will be out

Which matters very little until GPUs with HDMI 2.1 come out (not holding my fucking breath this time remembering DP 1.3 and HDMI 2.0 delays).

I would expect Philips, LG, and Dell to have 43" UHD@120Hz over DP 1.2 monitors next summer. Philips in particular has been good the last few year with adding meaningful improvements ever new year model.

yes but they will have trash contrast ratio and not be HDR

That's the Apple keyboard.

I'm 90% sure my laptop would melt trying to power a 4k display of any kind

i only use it for streaming f1.

>imblying

op i can see the white glow around the text in tour image dont piss on my head and call it rain

Jesus fucking christ did you spend all your savings on a 4k TV?

are you mocking my minimalist furnishings or the roached iphone camera?

actually the TV was a floor demo model.. its sold as a 4k UHD but its more like Upsampled if that makes sense? it was under $250 SHARP Aquos..

>14ms input lag, not noticable at all
yeah, if you're playing solitaire

no him but a board on a plastic container is not minimalist its destitute stop giving minimalism a bad name you lazy cunt

the best monitors are 10ms

the best monitors are 1ms you jackass

>free water
pleb

hey that board cost like $20@ Home Depot.. and that bucket... classic Walmart.. I am trying to move, painted my condo and have left everything packed up.

I'm nearsighted, so.

that is response time not input lag

learn the difference

>2k
2k what?
The price, the weight in grams?
2k nits?
2k lumens?

Not them but I have one of those keyboards.

Its great because the wide keys, short travel, responsiveness, and low profile make it really nice to type on.

Also looks nice

My only issue is that the control key and function key are swapped which leads to typos when switching to other keyboards, like the near identical, but logitech one I use at work

But I am using a 43" 4K pc monitor instead.

I've become such a screen real estate size slut I'm considering getting a 27" portait on each side.

Please send help.

This is your future.

youtube.com/watch?v=Toft6fMvByA